Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Will Chambers.

Easy win over an average side

Will Chambers.

Michael....you and I have been strong supporters of Will Chambers for sometime now.

i know you 100% supported my thoughts on how good he was at the tail end of 2009 and echoed what an important signing he was for our Club in 2012.

He was sensational tonite....

I hope enjoyed his game as MUCH as I did...

he is definitely our most critical signing of 2012 and beyond.

(ps...I know others here love and appreciate Will as well...but Michael P has always been a very vocal admirer of him !)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:give cherry a day or 2 to get over the loss! he will be on our side again after tonights games, no way manly will go for dogs this year.

the season has been set up for a refs call to decide the GF, lets just hope it goes our way if it does.
Yep...stick around cherry and become an honorary Storm Bai Stander while we claim the 2012 Premiership.

I think it's healthy to have an outsiders perspective on some issues...even if only for every Storm peeps to ask questions...consider their position and to form an even stronger view.

Debate about issues always helps people to crystalize their thoughts and opinions and your input this year has been appreciated (even if I don't always agree with your views !)

GO STORM...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:This is better than Christmas, Melbourne are through to the Grand Final and Manly are spanked by the Storm to end their season. Wonderful night.

Chambers embarrassing Matai and Slater using Brett Stewart as a turnstile were my highlights.

yourhero....I found this exclusive picture of Brett Stewart from last night's game....

Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that melbourne chant in the final few minutes gave me chills, even watching it on tv
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Same here Nacho. Was brilliant the atmosphere.

You have to LOL at Manly fans. They're all saying B Stewart had a good game.....um what. He is a fullback and he only had 3 runs for 31m :S please tell me how he had a good game. So overrated. He is nowhere near the class of Bill.

Anyway. New game now. This week is going to be excellent. Love a good GF build up.
Brian
Squall
Squall

You have to admire the traveling supporters of any away teams, not so much Manly or Dogs supporters but for the group that was there last night they made their presence felt and when their team just walked off without even so much as turning and wave to them i thought was pretty ordinary.
It is a long trip home when you get flogged as we have witnessed many a time over the years ,a little wave helps though
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:that melbourne chant in the final few minutes gave me chills, even watching it on tv

yep nacho...the atmosphere was truly spine tingling.

Even hearing the "Melllbbooouuurrrnnne" chant on the replay last night and again this morning gave me goosebumps
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

That's probably the most partial and factually correct sports articles I've read for a long time. Surely that journo won't be writing for the tabloid media any time soon.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:
nacho wrote:that melbourne chant in the final few minutes gave me chills, even watching it on tv

yep nacho...the atmosphere was truly spine tingling.

Even hearing the "Melllbbooouuurrrnnne" chant on the replay last night and again this morning gave me goosebumps
Yeah, that Melbourne chant was awesome. When that started up, I took out the Sportsears so I could really let it soak in.

I headed under the new decking across the street to get back to the MCG car park and all the cars waiting to get out there were going nuts on the horns - like they were ringing cowbells and chanting Melbourne. That was awesome.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't think sisa will play...he couldnt jump or run sideways in the warm up...he didn't do the injury in the warm up either he was in the injured group at training so they knew he was only 50/50 to play
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree Brian I hate manly and their fans but they should at least wave to the supporters who came
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was great that Storm provided moanly dwarf coach with a high chair in the coaches box so he could see the game.
In an article he said the 3 Key things to beat Storm were ..to be consistent ...control the ball... patience.
Well the moanly team were consistent in losing the ball. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brian wrote:You have to admire the traveling supporters of any away teams, not so much Manly or Dogs supporters but for the group that was there last night they made their presence felt and when their team just walked off without even so much as turning and wave to them i thought was pretty ordinary.
It is a long trip home when you get flogged as we have witnessed many a time over the years ,a little wave helps though
=D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Brian wrote:You have to admire the traveling supporters of any away teams, not so much Manly or Dogs supporters but for the group that was there last night they made their presence felt and when their team just walked off without even so much as turning and wave to them i thought was pretty ordinary.
=D>
Ditto =D> =D>
jstephens
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:Don't think sisa will play...he couldnt jump or run sideways in the warm up...he didn't do the injury in the warm up either he was in the injured group at training so they knew he was only 50/50 to play
If he doesn't, I would have no concerns with Bellyache choosing Mahe. I thought he's looked great over the past couple of weeks even though he hasn't got the ball much and I was watching him in the warm up yesterday and he looked so pumped and ready for the game. If he does get chosen what a story it will be!