Prelim Final Friday Sep 21: Melbourne v Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shut up Roberttuz I am nervous....im not looking forward to the game but I will be there
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Once you see how hard the boys work at training you will relax and be confident Sal..
roberttuz

There is only one team in the whole competition that I have nightmares losing to..and that is Manly.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We WON`T be losing to moanly this week folks.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and the good news is....

that the success of our Club has absolutely nothing to do with whether robbrtuuuuzzzzz or anyone else is nervous.

10 far more important factors are:

1. our pre - season training and fitness base.

2. our season long form and belief.

3. the coaching of Craig Bellamy.

4. the skillsets of the players.

5. the leadership of Cam and the discipline of our team.

6. the desire of our club to succeed and be successful.

7. the good fortune for our players to remain injury free during the game.

8. the VOCAL support of a loyal, loud, passionate, supportive and large home crowd (get yer mates there).

9. the ability to shut down an opposition that will turn up with their own game plan and desire to win.

10. everyone of the 17 being PROUD of everything they stand for with this great Club.

See...robbertzzutclutz and the refs have NOTHING to do with our mighty Club's chance of success on Friday...

be strong Sallymay !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Number 11..simplekins WON`T be in the Video Ref box.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:Number 11..simplekins WON`T be in the Video Ref box.

No...no Stormy...the point is....

if Storm don't let the opposition get over the try line or preferably anywhere near it, then neither simplekins or any other video ref will have any influence on the game.

Control what we can control....and the game will be there for Melbourne Storm's taking.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Playing at AAMI Park is hardly a disadvantage for Manly. It's only one of the best purpose built rugby league stadiums in Australia. If they're good enough, they can win anywhere. It's just more of the "wahhh, they won't let us play at Brookvale" thing.

Even if it is a disadvantage - so what? It's our home game. We earned it.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I agree - it is only Manly affiliated commentators bringing up the Aami v Edihad as a direct comparison to the Manly/Brookvale complaint. The only reason why Manly fans don't turn up to Alliance as a "stuff you" - we should be able to play at Brooky.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsally wrote: The only reason why Manly fans don't turn up to Alliance as a "stuff you" - we should be able to play at Brooky.

Nah, the only reason they didn't go is the vast majority of them didn't want to get off their fat arses because they're too lazy to travel over the bridge.

Besides, didn't the NRL stipulate in the rules when they changed venues to home states that every venue had to have a minimum amount of seats to host finals? If that's the case as i'm sure it is, AAMI Park meets that number and Brookevale doesn't so end of, they can stop whingeing now but i bet they don't.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:
stormsally wrote: The only reason why Manly fans don't turn up to Alliance as a "stuff you" - we should be able to play at Brooky.

Nah, the only reason they didn't go is the vast majority of them didn't want to get off their fat arses because they're too lazy to travel over the bridge.

Besides, didn't the NRL stipulate in the rules when they changed venues to home states that every venue had to have a minimum amount of seats to host finals? If that's the case as i'm sure it is, AAMI Park meets that number and Brookevale doesn't so end of, they can stop whingeing now but i bet they don't.
+1 couldn`t have said it better myself
jstephens
Squall
Squall

roberttuz wrote:We have a better finals record at Etihad. I'd prefer to play there
That's because we've only played a 2 or 3 of finals games there. You can't compare AAMI and Etihad based on that statistic.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mate don't bother replying to RobertTuz he is a tool....I think inbreding was rife where he grew up.

I think they are trying to turn Manly into the favorites for this game because they want to see a Manly Dogs GF....that why they brought up the salary cap scandal again..i'm not even sure if those comments from Ribot were current of said ages ago.

Its sad really they think this will distract us
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm's injury concerns ease for NRL final

Melbourne Storm are confident of having a full roster to select from for their NRL grand final qualifier against arch-rivals Manly on Friday night.

The team appeared full of beans at training on Monday morning after their week's break, which gave players such as forwards Jason Ryles, Todd Lowrie and Sika Manu the chance to recover from injuries.

"Hopefully I'll have a few headaches there," said coach Craig Bellamy.

"They're coming along really good."

He said they will give the five players until Thursday to prove their fitness, with centre Will Chambers, who was absent from the main group on Monday, in the most doubt with a hamstring problem.

Winger Anthony Quinn looked to have overcome a calf strain.

Bellamy said they had tweaked their preparation from last year, when they were eliminated in the corresponding game by the Warriors.

"We haven't worked as hard as we did last year; we haven't had as many sessions.

"We had a tough session on Thursday and other than that we only trained on Tuesday and the boys had the weekend off.

"They're pretty fresh at the moment."

http://www.nrl.com/storms-injury-concer ... fault.aspx
brewer
Squall
Squall

put your house on manly

there is no way the NRL is going to allow anything other than their fairytale, all sydney, dogs v manly, toovey v hasler final that they want so desperately