Final Seating

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The prices (and categories) are the same as the Sydney game. I thought there was a $25 ticket but now the minimum is $35 - still not bad.

Is Cat 4 set seating? I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

You know what would be great? If the eastern side of the stadium was open for sale. It wasn't worth lining up at Ticketek trying to get my usual seat. At least I have an equivalent spot on the opposite side - but I'm still annoyed about that.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:You know what would be great? If the eastern side of the stadium was open for sale. It wasn't worth lining up at Ticketek trying to get my usual seat. At least I have an equivalent spot on the opposite side - but I'm still annoyed about that.

I agree Absentee....

Category 2 now pushed back 2 rows...starting at Row T instead of Row R.

People in line before me were saying that the Eastern grandstand was not on the system and was not available for sale as of 10.30am.

We have sat in the eastern Granstand as members for 3 years and now we have to buy Semi Finals tix on the western side because the NRL have F%$#^D up once again.

At least we are in the ground to watch Storm smash Womanly...but I am NOT happy Jan...

Wake up NRL and Ticketek.....you are asleep at the wheel....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still haven't got ours yet. As much as it sucks we can't get our own seats I can deal with it because it's just the way it is no matter how wrong it is.

The thing that shits me to tears even more is Ticketek only releasing certain bays at a time and to make it worse not even the best bays during the members pre
sale. I'm trying to get Cat 1 tickets but the best I can get is Bay 24 or 25 which aren't too bad seats in themselves but why the feck don't they release the 3 middle bays!

Regardless of what membership tiers we all buy, if they can't give us our seats then the very least they can give us the first choice of the best seats in all categories. Basically they're holding back the best seats for general sale and for anyone to grab which is just plain wrong.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Club has just told me that Members are going ballastic about the Eastern Grandstand not being sold this morning.

The Club contacted the NRL who have advised that the cameras have been moved from the west side to the east side.

WTF....all year the cameras are in the west grandstand and now they change sides for the semi final.

I can vaguely live with this logistical change...however the NRL didn't let the Club know that this change was occuring.

The Club said that they would have put out a press release to Member if they had been told of the camera switch so that at least Members were aware of what was happening (even if it couldn't be changed).

FFS...wake up NRL...you want the Clubs to have loyal Members...well start treating us loyal Members with some respect.

Loyalty is a 2 way street YOU CLOWNS !!!!!!!!!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:The Club has just told me that Members are going ballastic about the Eastern Grandstand not being sold this morning.

The Club contacted the NRL who have advised that the cameras have been moved from the west side to the east side.

WTF....all year the cameras are in the west grandstand and now they change sides for the semi final.

I can vaguely live with this logistical change...however the NRL didn't let the Club know that this change was occuring.

The Club said that they would have put out a press release to Member if they had been told of the camera switch so that at least Members were aware of what was happening (even if it couldn't be changed).

FFS...wake up NRL...you want the Clubs to have loyal Members...well start treating us loyal Members with some respect.

That couldn't possibly be true. I mean, I'm not saying that you or the club are wrong - but I can't see why Nein or the NRL would want to move the cameras to the opposite side. Every game of every sport held at AAMI Park (league, rugby or soccer) has had the hard cameras on the western side. I'm sure it's like that at every stadium, too. Not only that, you've got the tunnel and players benches on the western side. If the cameras are pointing west, what are they going to do about the video advertising fencing? Would they cut the middle out? Would they get the players to walk out from the south-west corner? I dunno - it just seems silly and pointless.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:The Club has just told me that Members are going ballastic about the Eastern Grandstand not being sold this morning.

That couldn't possibly be true. I mean, I'm not saying that you or the club are wrong - but I can't see why Nein or the NRL would want to move the cameras to the opposite side. Every game of every sport held at AAMI Park (league, rugby or soccer) has had the hard cameras on the western side. I'm sure it's like that at every stadium, too. Not only that, you've got the tunnel and players benches on the western side. If the cameras are pointing west, what are they going to do about the video advertising fencing? Would they cut the middle out? Would they get the players to walk out from the south-west corner? I dunno - it just seems silly and pointless.

Yep...I agree...very very weird.

I spoke with Chloe from Melbourne Storm this morning.

She advised me that the Club had contacted the NRL this morning after the Club had been bombarded with phone calls from irrate Members and they were advised by the NRL big wigs of the camera relocation.

Time will tell if the NRL were telling the truth or if they just stuffed up the ticket release BIG TIME.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote:Time will tell if the NRL were telling the truth or if they just stuffed up the ticket release BIG TIME.
Now that's just nonsense. The NRL would never make a mistake like that!

::)
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have a feeling the NRL has stuffed up here. An "administration" error will be wheeled out as an excuse.

Unless it's a conspiracy and the cameras are kept at the usual Western side (as pointed out by Absentee, the cameras point towards the East, as that is where all the electronic ad boards are situated) and a sea of green empty seats will be beamed all over Australia and the dinosaurs at Ch Nein will bring up the old "do Melbourne support League" dribble.

....Yes, I am jumping to conclusions :lol:

By the way are the showing this on the Main Channel Nein or relegated to GEM?
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cheapest tickets are Cat 3 General Admission @ $35 Adults. First come, first served again, so leaving work early to stake out my spot in the Northern end of AAMI Parkes ;D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah while i'm not sure i subscribe to the whole camera moving theory (im not saying thats what you weren't told SS) but regardless it's totally inexcusable that the knobs at the NRL didn't tell the team hosting the final at their venue that they weren't releasing one whole side of the ground except for the away section.

It's nearly 2pm now and it still hasn't been released so i dont know what the feck is going on. I still haven't got our tickets yet and will keep trying for the rest of the day and if not will wait to see what they will release to the public tomorrow. If i end up with a crappy one doing it that way then so be it, as long as i'm there and the boys win i'll hang from the rafters if i have to.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Spoke to a chap at the NRL who advised me we have no choice of seating. Nothing to do with the cameras. Explained to him that we have serious troubles here in Melbourne with Ticketek and they are looking into it. For anyone who feels like they need to have a chat and I mean NICELY to them 02 9359 8500. Have spoken to Melbourne Storm and the lass in Membership is quite distraught so no need to give them a blast out of their hands.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:Yeah while i'm not sure i subscribe to the whole camera moving theory (im not saying thats what you weren't told SS) but regardless it's totally inexcusable that the knobs at the NRL didn't tell the team hosting the final at their venue that they weren't releasing one whole side of the ground except for the away section.

It's nearly 2pm now and it still hasn't been released so i dont know what the feck is going on. I still haven't got our tickets yet and will keep trying for the rest of the day and if not will wait to see what they will release to the public tomorrow. If i end up with a crappy one doing it that way then so be it, as long as i'm there and the boys win i'll hang from the rafters if i have to.
I just don't get it. They should release the entire stadium when tickets first go on sale whether they expect a sellout or not. If it's a regular season game and they only release x number of bays or x number of seats total, fans might miss out on getting what they want. Sometimes I'll make a dummy ticket purchase to get an idea of the crowd size - on a Wednesday you might get "limited availability" or "allocation exhausted" for category one, pushing people into buying category two. Then, a day later they'll release more seats for sale in category one. Those people will have missed out on what they initially wanted - and then on the night, there'll be empty seats everywhere in category one. In the three years we've been at AAMI Park, I can probably count the number of times the seats in front of me have been sold on one hand.

What's the point of giving members priority access when you can't rock up at Ticketek and get exactly what you want?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:Spoke to a chap at the NRL who advised me we have no choice of seating. Nothing to do with the cameras. Explained to him that we have serious troubles here in Melbourne with Ticketek and they are looking into it. For anyone who feels like they need to have a chat and I mean NICELY to them 02 9359 8500. Have spoken to Melbourne Storm and the lass in Membership is quite distraught so no need to give them a blast out of their hands.
Did they say why it hasn't been or when the Eastern side will be open to us pleb members? I'd like to call up but i have a feeling i'll get told nothing and will be none the wiser when i got off the phone.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:
mystormboys wrote:Spoke to a chap at the NRL who advised me we have no choice of seating. Nothing to do with the cameras. Explained to him that we have serious troubles here in Melbourne with Ticketek and they are looking into it. For anyone who feels like they need to have a chat and I mean NICELY to them 02 9359 8500. Have spoken to Melbourne Storm and the lass in Membership is quite distraught so no need to give them a blast out of their hands.
Did they say why it hasn't been or when the Eastern side will be open to us pleb members? I'd like to call up but i have a feeling i'll get told nothing and will be none the wiser when i got off the phone.

Thats what he was looking into as far as the Eastern side not being opened