Melbourne vs Souths Finals Week1 Saturday 8/09 5:45pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:They should not give Greg Inglis ONE opportunity for a kick return. Not one... Unless we are in the attacking zone and have the opportunity to put in an attacking kick or look for a repeat set, EVERY other kick should be either over the sideline (inside Souths 20m) or kicked dead.

If you give him the opportunity to return the ball, more often than not he will make it past the 20m line easily. Or worse yet, make solid ground and get his forwards on the front foot for a dominant set. I will gladly give up 20m to ensure Inglis's impact is strictly limited.

As we all know...Storm don't often play such a negative game plan, however limiting GI's influence with the ball will be crucial.

Lets hope Mr Bellamy has a cunning plan which balances defence and attack...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have the best kicking game in the NRL. We will just do what we always do. Find space and kick to the corner with a good defensive line. We'll be right. GI hasn't been as good as what people (sydney media) think.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is negative, I agree, and I hate it... but how often has this been employed against Slater!? It can be very effective. It is even more relevant against Inglis because even if you present him with a solid defensive line, his strength and fend allows him to make metres.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ive felt sick since last week
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've felt ? What I feel before every home game - The Raging Storm Inside 8)

All this stuff about G I :?
*Shrugs shoulders* He ain't Donnie Darko - He's just an ex Stormer.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Not long now.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

LATE MAIL changes - IN: Vave, Fa'aoso and Fonua. OUT: Manu, Quinn and Ryles.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My favourite half of footy all year! Beautiful work boys!!! Inglis and Taylor were handled so well. How f*cking dirty is Dave Taylor!!? The bloke is a gigantic f*ckwit.
staticash
Squall
Squall

My guy feeling was right!!!! We were great I can't fault the team, near perfection!
S.W.A.S
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a great game :)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just gettin shite done. Excellent game plan by the coaching stuff. Excellent execution by the boys. Bring on Cows or Manly. Defence was superb. Time to be happy boys and girls.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outstanding!! After all the crap I've said about Hoffy, he really made me proud tknight.
Fonua was awesome and his AFL style takes were great.
Don't know what Sisa was thinking not taking the kick on the full! It was a perfect kick.

Anyway, Dave Taylor is a grub and I'm glad we won tonight.

Go Melbourne.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How good was that! I thought they all played well tonight and their defence was outstanding. Hoffman and Jaiman Lowe were excellent and all of our backs were great .Sisa played well too ( apart from his tap instead of catch :-D ) He had some really good runs and his defence was strong. I think Craig is going to have a hard to trying to decide who to drop to bring Will back in and that has to be a good sign ;)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Just gettin shite done. Excellent game plan by the coaching stuff. Excellent execution by the boys. Bring on Cows or Manly. Defence was superb. Time to be happy boys and girls.
Should have thought to mention that too! Good point blazza :-D
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Outstanding performance from the team tonight right from the get go. Easily our best performance in a very long time. 1-17 were strong and everyone contributed and helped us get the win. Ryan Hoffman with yet another great performance, he's in career-best form. Mahe Fonua showed why so many including myself have been calling for Bellyache to pick him on the wing for weeks now. Bellyache will have some selection headaches when picking the side in two weeks.