Warriors to make offer to Bellamy

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hi guys read some interesting news $4mill offer for Bellamy to be coaching Warriors from 2014. I know we have him till 2013 and he did say that he wanted to retire after that...personally i think if he wanted to keep coaching he would stay with us but i wouldn't blame him for going if we can't offer him that kind of money....he is on 900K atm so that means we need 400K per year to match the offer. (in saying that this is from the Telegrapgh and I know for a fact Bellamy has put contract talks on hold so he wouldn't have talk to the warriors yet)

i will start a collection if we nee the cash to keep him :)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6456929687
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's not going anywhere. There's unfinished business for him.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I personally can't see him taking it up. I don't believe he would leave the big "3" or coach against them. Anyway if wrong start the collection scryptx I'll be first to put in
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's not going anywhere. There's unfinished business for him.

2012 & 2013 premierships may finish that business?

Nah, he'd want to make it at least 3 in a row in 2014.

Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

well I don't want him to go as I am sure most Storm fans don't BUT whatever he is doing I would like him to do it asap.I Don't want to go all next season wondering and worrying about it !!!!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he said he wants to finish this season then do his contract talks with the club..he said it would destablise our charge tot he finals if he discusses it now...

So the Daily Telegraph is trying to run this story to distract our players. Sneaky!!!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be honest he's been the greatest thing to happen to this club so I'll respect whatever decision he makes.
He's the finest coach in the game and off course there'll be others chasing him at some point.

1.4 Mill, he's worth it!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

scriptyx wrote: So the Daily Telegraph is trying to run this story to distract our players. Sneaky!!!

The same thing happens every single year around finals time. The tards up there would love nothing more than an all New South Fails GF and the pesky Mexicans might have a very big say in that not happening.

As for Bellyache, who knows what the great man is thinking and i really hope i'm wrong but i have a feeling he might move on when his contract is up. Whether that be moving on somewhere else or even pulling the plug completely. He's always said he didn't want to be a career coach like Bennett and can't see himself going on forever, i also think he'd have a mighty hard time coaching against the Storm. I know Des and Bennett moved on after long tenures at their respective clubs but both of them left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances and less than great terms due to confrontations with the suits in the office who think they know better.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6457525911
]"I didn't know until this morning I was going to earn all this money if I go over the ditch," Bellamy said on Friday.

"I've never broken a contract before and don't intend to start.

"It's not an issue; I've made it pretty clear I've got another year to coach here and I won't be making any decisions on my future until at least the end of the year."
We'll have him for at least another year. Don't get sucked into other clubs wish lists.
Let's worry about finals first and the 2014 coach later
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Offer him a 10 year contract with a name your price cheque.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No matter who the coach is (even Bellyache), they will never be able to change the inconsistency at the Warriors.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm as indebted to Bellyache as any Storm member. Love the bloke to death.
But if he wants to do other things after next year, then he goes with my blessing, even if it's coaching another NRL team.
Every coach has a use-by date at a club when the message stops getting through.
I'm not saying his message isn't getting through now and I'm not saying I want him gone, far from it.
But the notion that we want him to coach for the next 10 years is fanciful. He won't, and the club shouldn't let it happen either.
Life after Bellyache will be hard, but it will happen.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i'm more than happy for Bellyache to continue at least until Cam retires from playing. Cam will be a ready made coach when the time comes and it would be an absolute bonus if he followed Craig.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cam would be even better if worked under Craig for a couple of seasons first

Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Which ever way it pans out I dearly hope that someone at the club thinks the same. Cam is too valuable an asset, both on and off the field. He could even captain coach with little impact on his own game I reckon.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image