Round 25 Game Discussion v Cronulla Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hey Chez if he missed a forward pass too bad,that gordon try was deffo NO TRY.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:Hey Chez if he missed a forward pass too bad,that gordon try was deffo NO TRY.
I guess but its costing peoples money,its costing teams a better finals spot to
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika Manu can go now. What a lump of lard he is. Waste of space. Way to many errors. Can't do that against the big boys. Sisa Waqa was amazing again tonight. Win is a win. Top 2 and home ground advantage is really nice.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No point bagging Quinn. At this stage we don't have many options. When is juzzy back?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The boys showed tremendous character tonight to be able to overcome a eight point deficit with less than five minutes remaining. Waqa, Slater, Smith and Bromwich were the standouts for us tonight. Hoffman had an indifferent night however his two tries were integral. Sika Manu may find himself in NSW Cup next week after his poor performance tonight.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Reminds me of the 2006 win over Canterbury in the final seconds. Great win considering the refs were terrible. How was the Widdop no try called for obstruction when Hoffy was no where near the play? Countless penalties against the Storm for general stuff that is normally overlooked (inside the 10, holding the player down for too long etc.). Harrigan must be sacked as refs boss.

Regarding Sika Manu, he was woeful tonight. He doesn't look interested, far too many dropped balls and also giving away a stupid penalty inside our half. Also, congratulations to Hoffy for scoring the first double of his career as well.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Those last two minutes - wow! Right now I don't even care that the rest of the game was shit. Just... that finish. Wow!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Congrats guys,enjoy second....
The Bulldogs were flogged last week and were looking vulnerable in the fortnight prior with that obstruction call contributing to their run of good luck against the Tigepies.

If Storm win next week and the Bullfilth somehow falter against Easts, Storm go top on four and against. Top 2 finish would be satisfactory regardless but the minor premiership is not beyond us.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nexxtime wrote:
"I left with about 5000 others with 4 minutes to go. Missed the win and it's great we are getting home finals but we were insipid tonite and didn't deserve the points.

Nexttime has to go"

You're a lima lima lima duck wit mate!! I don't know what part of Sydney you were watching the game from, but I didn't see anybody leave AAMI Park early tonight.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i will never doubt again

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't get to the game until 25 minutes in because of work (Monday night games suck), but, I'm glad i made the effort now!

That last set of 6 was both riveting and hard to watch at the same time, I couldn't look away and yet I was afraid to watch. I thought Billy was going to get through and then I thought Coops was in and then Sisa suddenly develops a passing game to put Chambers in in the corner, WOW!

Refs should all be sacked from tonight btw, none of them was rolling straight dice!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Nexxtime wrote:
"I left with about 5000 others with 4 minutes to go. Missed the win and it's great we are getting home finals but we were insipid tonite and didn't deserve the points.

Nexttime has to go"

You're a *lima lima lima duck* wit mate!! I don't know what part of Sydney you were watching the game from, but I didn't see anybody leave AAMI Park early tonight.

I was at the southern end in the 2nd half and while nexttime is an obvious troll/handitard there were plenty of people who bailed when Gordon scored....
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

sisa and that pass.... does that open up the possibility of him playing centres if needed?

i think cam has been running more out of dummy half, the last few weeks he has been great!! when he goes forward they get on the back foot and the boys get rolling. he is brilliant and deserves even more praise in the media than he already gets
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have never had such polar opposite feelings in a game... Up until the final 2 minutes, I was as angry as I had ever been watching a game. Frustrated, stressed, disappointed... Then utter elation.

Waqa has copped his fair share of flak in here and fair enough in a lot of cases but credit where credit is due, he made a ballsy play by snubbing Cronk/Smith/Slater of the ball on the final play and going down the short side.

Undeserved win after the way we played for 78 minutes but ecstatic with that finish.

STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Agree

[ Post made via Android ] Image