Round 24 vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Millsy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Good to see Brisbane on the end of their 5th lose in a row :lol: it will be 6 next week and almost finished.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scrappy game of two halves again,but point proven ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Perhaps we should get Bellyache to give them a spray at the start of the game. Seems to be working for the second half.

Finishes like that aren't good for the heart.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While the slow starts of late are a bit of a concern the boys have shown plenty of guts to stick it out and win which is a good sign. Again it was far from a complete performance I reckon coming from behind like that at a place like Suncorp will give them a fair bit of confidence. Let's just hope we can take it into next week.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Honestly, is Hadley the most pathetically biased commentator on television or what? I thought Ray Warren was bad but Hadley makes him look like a Storm Cheerleader

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

listening to lockyer,lewis and fatty was probably just as biased against STORM. Great to see Cammy win MOM award tonight. MY CHAMPION TEAM DONE US PROUD tonight.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Real proud of the boys GO STORM
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Hoffman had one of his best games for a very long time and carrying the ankle injury aswell
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Quinny had a great game. Matter of fact ALL the team put in tonight. 9 from 11 against the broncs.We must be their bogey side.
Hayesee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

@ Millsy- You have to have a coach who is a big sook and gives the refs a blast post match!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Boys showed great courage to be able to overcome a 12 point deficit playing the Broncos in Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium. Hoffman was outstanding, his best game since his return from the Super League. Sisa Waqa had another excellent game, surely Quinn will make way for Duffie when his fitness is adequate to come back into the first-grade side.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great win by the lads, tonight we were let down badly on our left edge though, 2 of my favourite players but Justin O'Neill and Gareth Widdop were very very average, Hoffman was good on the attack but Teo and Hodges destroyed that edge, I'll put it in perspective, Broncos missed 16 tackles the entire game, Hoffman, Widdop and O'Neill MISSED 18 BETWEEN THEM!! I think Neilsen has to come back in, he is a shut down centre and a very good defender, get Juz back on the flanks with Duffman. Smith, Cronk and Waqa were all good as was Slater but my MOTM was Jesse Bromwich, I thought he was outstanding when he came on.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think the trouble is our big 4 gaz bill cam and coops are having bad games in different game 2 weeks ago it was coops last week cam this week gaz if they have have a good game on the same day then they will be great

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Yes to all of the above . Special thanks to Cam thou I thought his second halves especially in the last two games have been some of his best minutes for atlest 7 games for the storm. Origin really hurt us this year . Just think if The Kid Was 100 percent and coops fresh we would be so dangerous .

Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Woody wrote:Honestly, is Hadley the most pathetically biased commentator on television or what? I thought Ray Warren was bad but Hadley makes him look like a Storm Cheerleader

wasn't just Hadley though Wally Lewis and Vautin were just as bad if not worse,it was the most biased commentary I have heard yet,I thought Wally Lewis was better than that ,but was really dissappointed.
Quinn had a fantastic game,as did Billy but rightfully so Cam was man of the match.
Strange though how we never got one penalty given,stranger also that the now " controversial "try was awarded by Paul Simpkins who referreed us out of the 2006 grand final against Brisbane !!