New Jersey Ideas

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:I don't care as long as it is not hoops,I hate hoops
I miss my hoops
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You sure about the 'hoops' Rose ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not fussed on hoops either.I prefer a big V.thats just me cos I`m a VIC.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea I love the idea of a navy blue jersey with a splash of purple and of course a big V to represent the state. Whether that is the bolts anymore I'm not sure. They need to figure out how to incorporate the Crown logo better on the front, I think that's a huge issue. If the mess that up then it will just ruin the jersey.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

There's really no good way to incorporate the Crown logo - simply because it's a square. It covers too much space vertically. Yeah, they could do just the wordmark and logo without a background - but that's obviously not what Crown wants or they would already be doing it. If they put it into a rectangle (enlarge the wordmark and scale down the crown of dots a little) it would look much better (think the size and shape of the 2009 blue ME Bank logo). Then again, that's not their branding. It doesn't help having the lightning bolt V so far down the chest.

I don't even like the Crown logo much anyway - it looks too dated for 2012.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could you just have the CROWN with out the logo ? There are a few cool pictures online of that concept. Works well IMO.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The "Big Blue Square" isn't part of the logo on their own website :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What I don't understand is that the Roosters can get it right with the Steggles logo on the front of their jersey without covering half of the V, but teams like Canberra and Manly with their sponsors logos Huawei and Kaspersky respectively have to slice the bottom of the V off.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
You sure about the 'hoops' Rose ;)

You bugger I knew you were going to bring this up,so I will digress..one team with hoops is enough!! ::)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I asked someone at Rugby Fever about a change in manufacturer - it's not true. KooGa aren't going anywhere. Still not clear about a new jersey design, though.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i like the idea of the V coming back, but i also like the purple jumper. but can we please lose the box around the sponsor!! its old fashioned and ruins the jersey!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote:I asked someone at Rugby Fever about a change in manufacturer - it's not true. KooGa aren't going anywhere. Still not clear about a new jersey design, though.

Strange, you must have spoken to a different person.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:
absentee wrote:I asked someone at Rugby Fever about a change in manufacturer - it's not true. KooGa aren't going anywhere. Still not clear about a new jersey design, though.

Strange, you must have spoken to a different person.
I sent a message via Facebook asking if there was going to be a new jersey and manufacturer next year and the reply I got was that it was "news to them" and that they're expecting the first batch of new season KooGa gear in December. I sent a follow up question to see if I could get clarification on a new jersey design - they read it but haven't replied yet. So yeah - I don't know what's going to happen with all that now.