New Jersey Ideas

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Since it is most likely the jersey design will change next year (I heard from someone that KooGa is leaving and a new manufacturer is coming in – personally I hope it’s someone like ISC due to their good templates of no side panels, shoulder/sleeve panels, weird collars and pin striping), can anyone think of some good designs that can be used on the jersey?

I’ve come up with a couple of ideas for a new design which I think look better than the current design (do away with the lightning bolts, they are very dated and look tacky these days – stylised stuff like that belongs in the ‘90s and early 2000s):

Idea 1: Triple V – The predominant colour would be Navy Blue with a (from bottom to top) Purple, White and Gold Triple V (a bit similar to AFL club Port Adelaide’s V style). The away jersey would be an inverted design of predominantly White with a Purple, Navy Blue and Gold Triple V. I also hope they change the Crown logo from being in a big box to a thinner one.

Idea 2: Hoops – I’ve seen the polo shirts that the Storm has this year and they look great. I recently thought that they could use this design on the home jersey. This would feature Navy Blue with Purple Thick Hoops, and ditching the colours White and Gold. For the away jersey, you would simply make it predominantly white with thin Navy Blue and Purple hoops (since both these colours are dark colours, white would be the only option for a predominant away colour).
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whatever happens, I hope the Club and manufacturer keep it simple.

Jerseys that look like a technicolor yawn are OTT in my opinion.

Just a good old fashioned simple design with lots of purple will be fine.

I know it won't happen this way, but that's my take on the subject.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The V type design always makes the team look massive on the field.
Look at teams such as Dragons, Bulldogs, Warriors, Roosters compared to Titans, Broncos, Cowboys, etc.

As for manufacturers I hope Puma get the contract as I have a man on the inside who can get me cheap, and often free, stuff.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:I heard from someone that KooGa is leaving and a new manufacturer is coming in – personally I hope it’s someone like ISC due to their good templates of no side panels, shoulder/sleeve panels, weird collars and pin striping
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... torm/33137

KooGa signed an extension last year through to the end of 2014 - so I dunno. I guess it might possible if the club and KooGa mutually decide to part ways - or if someone else has offered a better deal. It's also possible that KooGa might switch us over to their other brand BLK - although BLK's stuff is exactly the same as KooGa. If you don't mind, I'd like to know where you heard it - if you don't want to say publicly, a private message would be fine.

If it's true - anyone but Blades, please. Their stuff is garbage.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

When I went to Rugby Fever a few months ago, the guy behind the counter said there would be a new jersey design and new manufacturer.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Something must've changed on a big scale if a 4 year contract was just dissolved like that but it wouldn't be the first time if it's the case. Whether it happens or not it's a given we'll be wearing a new jersey next year given our four year period will be up and like most i'm hoping for something completely new. I won't be too upset if Kooga are still on board because IMO they make some great off field gear, especially the media polo's which i mostly wear and buy each year.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:When I went to Rugby Fever a few months ago, the guy behind the counter said there would be a new jersey design and new manufacturer.
In that case, you're probably right. All these things need to be lodged with the league (changes to jerseys, logos, colours, etc.) so far in advance, the ball probably started rolling quite some time ago.

It will be disappointing to see the partnership with KooGa end. I always got the impression that they considered us one of their most important partners behind the Wallabies.

My preference? Canterbury. Their supporter gear is top notch (I have a Maroons hoodie by them - love it).

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh if it's a new supplier, I do hope it's Under Armour. They've kitted out the Welsh Rugby Team and most recently Tottenham Hotspurs in the Premier League (plus numerous teams in College Football). Them or a big name supplier like Nike, Adidas or Canterbury. However, I'm also with the majority in here, I do hope Kooga & Storm continue their partnership, as I have been happy with their support.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Would love to see them go back to their heritage jersey they used this year (bar the collars)
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm have changed to have purple as their main colour, so the ideas of blue jerseys wont happen IMO.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Needs more gold on both jerseys IMO. Id like to go back to a gold alternate strip.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

storming wrote:storm have changed to have purple as their main colour, so the ideas of blue jerseys wont happen IMO.
I don't have a problem with purple being the predominate jersey colour provided there's a decent amount of navy on it, too. I'm not sure the current one has enough.

Personally, I'd like to see a purple primary jersey, a white clash and a navy alternate. I'd like the navy jersey to be worn when we're the away team but the home team is wearing a light colour (ie. Dragons, Bulldogs, Raiders, etc.). No "Battle" jersey and no silver anywhere. Purple, navy, white and gold.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MENACING*STORM wrote:Oh if it's a new supplier, I do hope it's Under Armour. They've kitted out the Welsh Rugby Team and most recently Tottenham Hotspurs in the Premier League (plus numerous teams in College Football). Them or a big name supplier like Nike, Adidas or Canterbury. However, I'm also with the majority in here, I do hope Kooga & Storm continue their partnership, as I have been happy with their support.
You also forgot to mention that UA make the uniforms on "Friday Night Lights" ;)

Good suggestion but couldnt see them doing it while 2xu are our compression partners...
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't care as long as it is not hoops,I hate hoops
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I came across a post at an AFL forum saying that there's a rumour 2XU will be the new jumper manufacturer for at least one AFL club in 2013. We already have an association with 2XU as a compression supplier - and if they're wanting to expand their business and start doing apparel for football clubs, it would make sense for them to want an NRL team, too. Of course, we can't take anything in this thread or the rumours over there as 100% true yet - just something to consider, I guess.