Losing Faith in Bellyache

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to lose faith in Bellyache due to his reluctance in changing the team, or even blood some young players. Is he running out of ideas? Has his coaching style become old and stale?
Monsoon
Monsoon

I tend to agree, he has always had the same gameplan, he knows the lads will acore between 12-30 points every game so his whole game plan revolves around holding the other teams to less than 12. Problem is if we open up early afew times like we did tonight there is no plan B. the boys look lost and even when down by 8 with 3 minites to go you saw cronk still just kick long defensively as if we were ahead bu 8, not trailing. All these games weve lost lately if we had of won them all with the same attack on display and points scored no one would notice or care coz we are winning, we have won plenty of games scoring 18 points or less. I really wish bellamy would put some emphasis on attack, and changes are needed because other teams are figuring us out. Also our edges are a joke, the sooner duff and ferrari are back the better.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Duff is not the answer to our problems on the edges - he has been terrible this year (apart from a couple of spectacular grabs)...
Brian
Squall
Squall

:shock2: Is this thread some sort of a joke?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Its funny with our attack. It was clear to everyone Bellamy changed his philosophy somewhat. We were playing smart but attacking football. And 90% of time it would come off. Now its about 25%.

With the not blooding players. I agree. How can we expect to win games when Billy is injured and we have Kostjasyn as our 2nd playmaker ? You wanna know why Coops has been off ? Its because he is trying to do to much because Craig can't get it through his head how much this team relies on our big 3. And then he names the same 3 players everyweek to do the same job. Kosy,Hincy,Lowrie are the same player yet we pick all 3 every week.

During origin it is the perfect time to blood some younger players so they can gain experience if called upon. Look at Brisbane. 14 of their 17 players this week have played Toyota Cup. Remarkable.
We have some young players coming up who'd we all think will be our core pieces in a few years. But aren't getting a crack because of Craig.
We have just lost our 5th game in a row. And losing sucks but if we played our young guys and lost 5 in a row would I be as upset as I am now naming these older players ? No I wouldn't.

Youth might be the thing we need. Bring excitement to the Purple jersey. Bring players in who look like they wanna be there.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mahe was 18th man (was him with the yellow hair in the room before they ran out, all kitted out to play)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

spoke to him after the game he said he thought he was playing right up till about 10 minutes b4 the game when he was told his playing sunday

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

That must be hard to take. Getting all prepared then 10 min before kick off, no sorry mate take your boots off your not playing today.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Every year Craig gets new players to kit up and warm up for matches, but they are not going to play. I remember him doing it with G.I Tolman, Widdop and he has even done this year with Hampton. No disrepect Sallymay, but Mahe must have known he was not going to paly a while before 10 minutes to go, because the team sheets are given to the game officals an hour before kick off and his name was not on it. They only way the can change a team sheet is if a player gets injuried during the warm up and then you have to ask for permission to use another player.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brian wrote::shock2: Is this thread some sort of a joke?
I thought that too Brian, when I saw the thread title on my mobile I thought for sure it was started by the resident troll. :shock2:
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bellamy doesn't play, this happened to saints after winning at brookie last year, don't be shocked if the dogs fall in a heap

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH THIS TOPIC.
SHOULD BE DELETED
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Why should it be deleted if you don't like the topic then read something else

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cos it is A LOAD OF CRAP..AND I am allowed to voice my opinion.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Here is the problem Stormy, these things can happen quickly.
Athletes get old over night and coaches either lose their team or lose their way.
Before this year and despite injuries and numerous players being involved with SOR Craig had never lost three in a row, now he has lost five.
He is a stubborn man which can be a good thing but right now it is hurting us.
Do not forget the way we faltered down the stretch last year and now we are doing it again.
Perhaps a change is needed, it has been ten seasons.
The same voice, the same style.
Maybe we will come out of this next weekend or maybe this is just the end of the CB era at the Storm.