Storm jersey v Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... und/60165

The Storm are wearing a special indigenous jersey for the Close the Gap round v Panthers next week. Refer to link above.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

[url]http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... /60165[url]

The link didn't work the first time hopefully it did this time if not you can copy and paste address into your web browser.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw the jersey at LU. It is hideous.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like the jersey. Really, I do. I like the artwork on it and even the colours. But here's the thing - it's in no way suitable for us. It doesn't incorporate our signature purple in any way, nor does it incorporate any of our design elements (not counting the side panels and sleeve striping - but that's more a KooGa thing than it is a Storm thing). Not only that - the Crown logo completely obscures the most important part of the artwork. I appreciate the idea behind it but surely they could have come up with something that acknowledges indigenous culture without completely giving up our branding and colours.

At least the Dark Knight Rises jersey made an effort to include purple in some way.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

That looks awesome !!!!

mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's a good cause and all, but this whole thing with changing the jersey is getting beyond a joke. This will be the sixth jersey we will wear this year (including home, away, heritage, battle, Dark Knight Rises).
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I agree it should be possible to design something symbolic but incorporate a little more "storm" and do do around the crown logo.

We should give up the "battle jersey" I don't see the point of it unless we don't have any other promotion jerseys in the year. Happy with "closing the game" and/or women in league

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im getting pissed off with the amount of new jersey we are wearing this yr...shane warne dark knight close the gap women in league....why cant we just wear purple and play a game of footy...so annoyed

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Shane warne one is because the crown logo isn't allowed in new zealand

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsally wrote:The Shane warne one is because the crown logo isn't allowed in new zealand
That's true and we still wore our standard away jersey, it was only the logo that was different for the reason you mentioned.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't mind the CTG Jersey. I would be even happy if they base our next away jersey on this style & colour scheme, however less "busier" (can we please have a change from the bog standard white jersey?)
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That is bloody aweful,I am speec :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: hless
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That is disgustingly hideous. It's hard to imagine anything that looks worse.
Good god, what is happening with our Storm?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any team could wear that jersey as nothing on it (except the tiny Storm motif) is about Storm.Why not let our CHAMPION TEAM get used to wearing our PURPLE jersey instead of all the promotional jerseys.(but I did love the Batman jersey but would have loved it more if it would have been dark purple)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Kettles wrote:That is disgustingly hideous. It's hard to imagine anything that looks worse.
Good god, what is happening with our Storm?
It's NOT a 'Storm top"
It's someone's idea of a bit of indigenous storytelling to celebrate the CTG round.
As such it's fine but I wouldn't buy it !!

Really - It's time to stop 'corporatising / politically correctasing' the tops each season :evil:

Home design - Alternate design - End of story ::)