Round 19 vs Cowboys Game Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Duffy needs a stint in Feeder sidr his confidence looks shot finding his defence woeful
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're not going to win a competition with Duffie & Quinn as our two wingers. The absence of Will Chambers is hurting us more than I initally thought it would. He was key to our great first half of the season, the media never think to mention that he's missing for us, do they.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

STORM: Gareth Widdop, Matt Duffie, Dane Nielsen, Justin O'Neill, Anthony Quinn, Maurice Blair, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Jason Ryles, Sika Manu, Ryan Hoffman, Todd Lowrie. Interchange (from): Ryan Hinchcliffe, Rory Kostjasyn, Bryan Norrie, Kevin Proctor, Siosaia Vave, Jaiman Lowe, Sisa Waqa
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:We're not going to win a competition with Duffie & Quinn as our two wingers. The absence of Will Chambers is hurting us more than I initally thought it would. He was key to our great first half of the season, the media never think to mention that he's missing for us, do they.

As I have ALWAYS SAID.....after smith, slater and cronk....chambers is our most important player IMHO
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sorry, I meant moving Widdop back into the front-line. I guess with Sisa Waqa on the extended bench there, it could mean their will be some late positional changes.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The updated email from Storm doesn't have Waqa on the extended bench but at least one other site I've seen has so who knows what's true. You'd like to think the Storm's release is but not after the first team they sent out....

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gotta say I'm a little nervous about this one - but I'm sure Craig will have them fired up
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im more nervous about this game then i was last week
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Mr B likes last minute changes . I think Sisa will start on wing for Duffy maybe and JLowe for Vave but really the whole team needed a kick up the arse.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chill out people, one bad loss dose not brake a season. I will only worry when we have had two or three with a group of players that have trained together eg the complete team with our spine all back we have not had CS, CC or BS training with the boys properly for six plus weeks add the loss of Will and I am surprised we did not have a second bad loss during this time. It must be remember its the same team that was three games ahead before orgin and with Will and Billys problems well.
The boys that are left had to step up a long way to make up those losses and they did in the begining and you can see its hard on the younger players to maintain that but I am confident that given that our spine will soon be training with the boys and hopefuly Will gets back say about round 23 we will look much better. Just having the likes of Billy, Cam and Coops training full time will give the team a lift. We realy only just lost a few of those games with bad prep. We will be Ok i think come Sep and that when it will count north of the border realy care who wins the MP only the comp and thats what I want this year. In the Storm Spirit I trust.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hey folks no need to worry "Batman " will be there..he will save the day :headbang:
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've heard a rumour that Batman will be a last minute inclusion in the starting side.

I wonder what position he'll be playing.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

I heard he was taking the 6 bellyache realized he could do a better job then Blair.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater & Chambers were both training with the team today - I'm starting too hear that Will may be back this season.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

^^^^^ Please, Please Please

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

I always figure that whatever happens whoever gets a crack will give it their best shot but I must admit I`ll be a lot happier when the team starts to regain the format it did in the first few rounds. I will be really happy to get Bill and Chambers back into the squad