Panthers game scheduled for Sat Afternoon (4AUG @ 15.30)?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

fox treats us better than nine
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

@storm4life; Fox getting all games live meansthey have to pay the ARLC more for the TV rights. After years of low balling us and making a tonne of money off subscriptions in the northern states, the last thing Fox will want to do is pay more money for more perks. Only reason Fox has the AFL is because Kim Williams in Demetriou's mate. And besides, even all AFL live on Fox has not managed to increase subscriptions in Victoria, SA, WA etc.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also consider that when the second Brisbane team comes in (it will happen. The TV networks are pretty much demanding it) the commission will have to let one of the other consortiums in to create an extra game.

My money is on either the Central Coast or Perth.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think it will be perth, they need to expand the market, not strangle the heartland, besides which gallop was the one pushing central coast which may well now harm their bid
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Fox won't mind paying more for the rights if they get more live games. Fox are the only people who would love extra teams because they get more games. Free TV don't care because they already have enough games. It's not like a 2nd Brissie team and Central Coast or Perth or whoever comes in will rate. They won't have many fans. You think of pay tv and what makes you keep paying for it. It's not always about getting new subscriptions but maintaining them aswell.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm games are the only reason I have Foxtel
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My laptop gives me better coverage than either None or Poxtel,(which is not available to me anyhow). A sad indictment when overseas streaming beats out the two 'official broadcasters' ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:fox treats us better than nine
Fox trays everyone better than nien, all games are broadcast LIVE

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as they should be, a national competition demands live coverage in this day and age as it is very difficult to avoid hearing a result for 3-4 hours whilst you wait for the replay.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The games on Fox are definately NOT all broadcast live,they do show ALL the games but there are only 5 live ones .They replay the 2 Friday night ones really late and they replay the 2.00 Sunday one at 6.00.But now that we can watch the chanel nine games live on Gem ,it is not an issue anymore,and like BR says,you get live streaming on the laptop so why pay for it !!!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:The games on Fox are definately NOT all broadcast live,they do show ALL the games but there are only 5 live ones .They replay the 2 Friday night ones really late and they replay the 2.00 Sunday one at 6.00.But now that we can watch the chanel nine games live on Gem ,it is not an issue anymore,and like BR says,you get live streaming on the laptop so why pay for it !!!
All of fox's games (Which is 5 games,they REPLAY Channel NIEN as well) are completely and 100% live

Nien has to lose the rights of picking and choosing,we should to paraphrase Lewis "Dictate terms" to our
broadcasters,which means live

Not after the block of a repeat of the big bang,but LIVE
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:My laptop gives me better coverage than either None or Poxtel,(which is not available to me anyhow). A sad indictment when overseas streaming beats out the two 'official broadcasters' ::)
I find illegal methods do 2 things to me

1 They make me hope im watching the right game,sometimes im afraid im watching last time or
2 They are always ultra grainy due to having to compress the game a lot to have it at full speed

We need to get what the AFL get and more,we have better games,higher ratings and the spectacle
of INTERNATIONAL and STATE OF ORIGIN games,our probable wooden spooners have beaten THE
F#%KING PREMIERS! this year (ALL FOUR OF THE !$@#%#$) so it just goes to show we have a much closer
competition than the AFL could ever dream of,We also have LOCAL JUNIORS playing for their own area (You
guys not YET but its coming),They have bigger crowds due to melbournites enjoying live entertainment more
and also having a better public transport infrastructure (Let me tell you,friday night at Bluetongue/SFS is an
absolute shitful thing to go watch)

That last bit is contributing to the possible demise of famous grounds like Brookvale,Leichart and Kogarah....
i hate the idea of the entire comp being homeless like the dogs and rabbits

Another thing we have better is our "bogey" teams like Canberra is to Saints and im sure you have yours to,ours
is generally Saints,they always beat us.....no matter what,the only thing AFL has that league also has is the old
adage

I go for 2 teams,my team and whoever is playing against Manly/Collingwood (Which is probably about as relevant
now as the old talkies or sepiatone/technicolour movies)

The rot must stop and its all at the foot of the ARLC
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly, Fox show every game that they can live and you can't always rely upon illegal broadcasts. Nine need to be forced to use it or lose it because I'm certain if given the choice that Fox would love to show all 8 games live.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Exactly, Fox show every game that they can live and you can't always rely upon illegal broadcasts. Nine need to be forced to use it or lose it because I'm certain if given the choice that Fox would love to show all 8 games live.
Mate i wholeheartedly agree
I hope nien lose everything because what they do to us is an absolute joke

They during origin 2 after claiming to be the home of rugby league (In NSW)
they showed an advert for ACA which had a story which "threatened to blow
the club apart" then used conjecture during it because some half assed player
saved some woman and they tried to tie the assault itself to RL

Complete clowns and im not even a Melbournite,what they do to you is cruel
and unusual punishment for fans for a code that doesnt impregnate schoolgirls
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Complete clowns and im not even a Melbournite,what they do to you is cruel
and unusual punishment for fans for a code that doesnt impregnate schoolgirls
That was proved to be made up too, the girl was just looking for attention