Panthers game scheduled for Sat Afternoon (4AUG @ 15.30)?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

/RANT START

I hope this is a typo but I read with disappointment that the NRL has slotted our Panthers game for 15.30 on Sat Aug 4th. I didn't even know this slot still existed and it gave me shivers of the disaster from yesteryear when one season, all our games was given the dreaded Saturday afternoon timeslot. I remember seeing our crowds plummet down to the lowly figure of 5-6K.

Due to sporting commitments I have already ruled out in attending this game however I do hope the NRL can bring this game forward to either 17.30 or 19.30.

/RANT END
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's definitely 3.30pm MS. There's only one Friday night game that week and the Fox/NRL in their wisdom put our game on in this slot so they could fit it in. They could've had a viewers choice at 7.30 with the Cows v Moanly game but i dare say they didn't due to missed ratings i guess.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought it was a typo, but it is on three different sites (including Melbourne Storms, but they do get things wrong too). If it is right there must be a reason, like issues getting Aami Park, or Storm asked for it. But then again it could just be the NRL being dicks and telling us to have it then.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Olympics are on so "the home of rugby league" can only have 1 friday night game. Hence why there is an extra game on Fox. I think the timeslot will be very much looked at for the new tv rights deal. Pity its always us that gets shafted.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would have preferred having it at 7:30 as a viewers choice on Fox Sports. But whatever - they could have the game at 3:30am and I'd still be there.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mmmm could be a tad awkward when you have to work on Saturdays though,usually it is not an issue but that time definately is
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't suit all folks.....3.30pm on that Saturday will be fanstastic for me !

It will work for some and not suit others...just like Monday nights or Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons.

I hate Sunday afternoons as my daughter has soccer....so we can't make it to any games
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just read that this game is on channel nine live to replace the second Friday night game. I do not know if this is true or not. Story also said that this time slot is a trail for the next T.V. rights deal!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thats what I was thinking to.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GlennB I was thinking that this game would be on Nine considering they have rights for three games a week and there wouldn't be anything happening in London at that time.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought the same thing at first but it's been confirmed it's going to be on Fox.
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Makes more sense being on Fox so they can have 3 games in a row, just like the AFL do. I think it's all about the next TV rights. If this rates better then usual then it may put the price up. Also i bet Fox wants all the NRL games live like they do in the AFL. So they are working out the best time slots, i wouldn't be suprised if they want 1 friday night game, 3 saturday and sunday and 1 monday night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would not surprise me if you were right there
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

>:( Fox is great if you are rich enough to pay for it, but no good for us poor peoples :(
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

fox is good for us interstate members.