Storm vs Bulldogs Rd 16

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm

1 Gareth Widdop
2 Matt Duffie
3 Dane Nielsen
4 Justin O'Neill
5 Anthony Quinn
6 Cameron Smith
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Ryan Hinchcliffe
10 Jason Ryles
11 Sika Manu
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Todd Lowrie

14 Rory Kostjasyn
15 Bryan Norrie
16 Siosaia Vave
17 Kevin Proctor
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still not a fan of who is wearing that number 5 but I've enjoyed his play this year. Love Cam anyway. he'll play hooker though. Craig said in media conference last night Cam hates it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The side will probably change, we only played last night, they wouldn't have it worked out yet.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I realise that he will slip in at hooker throughout the match but I've got to say it looks weird to see Cam Smith in a number other than 9.
I feel like I need to turn the team list upside down.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The only other number Cam has worn is #7 (I think) when he was named and started at halfback in 2002 and 2010. He's played a number of games on the bench but I can't remember him wearing #14, 15, 16 or 17. He had played five-eighth before Monday night, that was when he was just reshuffled there wearing his usual #9 in early 2009 just before Finchy came to the club.

I think this will stay the same until Billy gets back, Widdop was terrific filling in at fullback.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

cam permanent switch to 5/8? Hahahah don't think so

http://m.nrl.com/Newsarticle.aspx?nid=55672&rid=

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whoever wrote that should not be calling themselves a rugby league "journalist".

Hopefully yhis hack is just a freelancer but gets caught up in the great downsizing that is happening at News and Fairfax.

Git.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattstormy wrote:The only other number Cam has worn is #7 (I think) when he was named and started at halfback in 2002 and 2010. He's played a number of games on the bench but I can't remember him wearing #14, 15, 16 or 17. He had played five-eighth before Monday night, that was when he was just reshuffled there wearing his usual #9 in early 2009 just before Finchy came to the club.

I think this will stay the same until Billy gets back, Widdop was terrific filling in at fullback.
I was wrong, Cam actually wore #18 in his FG debut in Round 5, 2002, playing halfback. That is the only other number (apart from #7 & #9) he has worn according to Rugby League Project.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A little surprised at that. would've thought he'd have been named on the bench a few times in '02
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:A little surprised at that. would've thought he'd have been named on the bench a few times in '02
Nah, he only came into the side to play halfback in 2002 due to injuries.

Orford got injured. I think Marty Turner came in as 2nd choice halfback but then he was hurt in a car crash on a surfing trip to Torquay so Cam was a late inclusion in that side, then Orford returned from injury.

I remember about the car accident coz I heard about it after I'd visited my brother in law in the same hospital that night. Had I heard the news earlier I'd have visited the Storm boys as well. Marty have a series of injuries from the crash, a few broken ribs, ruptured spleen, etc. Another Storm player was in the car as well, I forget who, he just had a few scratches and bruises.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:Whoever wrote that should not be calling themselves a rugby league "journalist".

Hopefully yhis hack is just a freelancer but gets caught up in the great downsizing that is happening at News and Fairfax.

Git.
Lol@that article

So they want to move the worlds best hooker out of his prefered position? Idiots
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:A little surprised at that. would've thought he'd have been named on the bench a few times in '02
Nah, he only came into the side to play halfback in 2002 due to injuries.

Orford got injured. I think Marty Turner came in as 2nd choice halfback but then he was hurt in a car crash on a surfing trip to Torquay so Cam was a late inclusion in that side, then Orford returned from injury.

I remember about the car accident coz I heard about it after I'd visited my brother in law in the same hospital that night. Had I heard the news earlier I'd have visited the Storm boys as well. Marty have a series of injuries from the crash, a few broken ribs, ruptured spleen, etc. Another Storm player was in the car as well, I forget who, he just had a few scratches and bruises.
It was Michael Russo. He could have been a great back rower for us had his NRL career worked out. Played a total of 9 Storm/NRL games in 2002 and then just disappeared into the rugby league wilderness.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Continuing my post above, Michael Russo also won the Storm's 2002 Rookie of the Year Award.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ahh, thanks Mattstormy. I always get them mixed up.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah what happened to Mick Russo? Thought he was set for big things with us.