Will Chambers ruled out indefinitely

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote: On to the footy side of things - I don't expect too see him back this season.
Didn't Matt Orford have a blood clot in his brain at the start of 2004 and he was able to go on and win the Melbourne Storm Player of the Year that season?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1999 wrote:Minimum recovery time is around 6 months best case scenario, his season is over but I don't even care about that I just pray he recovers and gets back to 100% health.
:thumbright: :thumbleft:
Safe & Total recovery Will.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Daniel Wells the AFL footballer with North Melbourne had the same blood problem and was out for six months. The club will put his health first.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

not good.. but back to business.. he;s been so effective out wide.. i hope he recovers alot better then 6 months and can get
himself back on the field this season.
roberttuz

all the best Will.

There's our season stuffed.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good luck Will, you're better than this disease and you'll flog it

All the best

[ Post made via Android ] Image
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

horrible considering he's on the verge of sustainable career best form !

get better will, but I'm sorry that i have to trade you out of my super coach team even though you were going great!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

my friend said she had the same thing and is on medication for life but it keeps her from being sick...she also said that if he had the exact same as her he will be out for about a month
staticash
Squall
Squall

Poor will hope he comes good my son is a big fan of his

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Get well soon Will.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully is only a month Sallymay. Will's become an invaluable part of our team, and greatly deserves a premiership ring!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sounds like he has a pretty bad case Go Storm...i dont think we will see him playing again this year he should just get himself 100% b4 worrying about footy

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
roberttuz

sallymay wrote:sounds like he has a pretty bad case Go Storm...i dont think we will see him playing again this year he should just get himself 100% b4 worrying about footy

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Oh I didn't realise you were a Doctor as well Sally. So out for the season huh?!!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well if you read up on the illness mate then you would read that ppl can be out of action for a month with worst case senarios being up to 6 months Frank ponessi said his blood platlets were under 4 when they are ment to be 150 to 200 and under 50 is worst case....therefore in my view that would be the longest time out to get better....its got nothing to do with being a doctor its called reseach and listening
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it's too early to be speculating either way because even the doctors can't put a time frame on his return. His blood count did go from 4 to 50 while he was in hospital which was very encouraging but it looks like there's still a fair way to go. It's probably better planning not to have him for the rest of the season and if he comes back before that it's just a bonus for us.