Storm vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kostjasyn plays more positions, can cover the halves, hooker and back row, blair is also more versatile
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah but when Quinnie tackles someone they stay tackled :-D
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody wrote:Yeah but when Quinnie tackles someone they stay tackled :-D
yeah 5 tackles a game hurts the opposition...... i think quinn and lowrie have both picked up their game this year, but i dont think they are the best options the storm have, or can have in the future.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Quinny has really re-invented himself as a player this year as a utility forward. His days on the wing appear to be over, but I like how he can come on the field in the second half and really make an impact with his dummy half runs and can also put some big hits on (like his Peter Wallace hit last week).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea as I said guys I don't mean to hate on him. I just think our team would look better with him not in the team. We still have a weakness in the forwards and when we come up against this Warriors team and Manly in a few weeks they will take advantage of it.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Quinns been great coming off the bench.. id have him there before Kostjaysn..

Lowe and Greenfield add abit of size.. Lowe has shown some good leg speed this year too..
Should be good.. Warriors will be out for blood i reckon.. Storm gunna have to bring there A game..

the key will be whether Cam, Billy and Smith put in or save themselves for Origin.. like they did against the Sharks.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hardest road trip in the comp. This will be an indication of where we are at.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:Hardest road trip in the comp. This will be an indication of where we are at.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
We were able to beat them at Mt Smart last year during the Origin period, but we couldn't beat them in the two games we played them at AAMI. People sort of forgot that when they were saying the Warriors were our bogey team before the ANZAC clash. It'll be a close game, but what I've noticed is that we seem to get more of a raw deal in the penalty count when playing the Warriors. I reckon the final score will be decided by a field goal and the Storm will win 19-18 (with Cam kicking his first ever field goal out of dummy half in the 80th minute 8) ).
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Quinns been great coming off the bench.. id have him there before Kostjaysn..
+1
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anybody heard how Greenfield pulled up after Friday night? He was in Disneyland there for a while.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to tenSport - New forward Michael Greenfield injured his neck when he was knocked out in a clash of heads in last week's win over Brisbane and will also be out of action this weekend. He had hoped Sika Manu and Kevin Proctor would both be available this week but their recovery from ankle and calf injuries respectively has taken longer than first thought, while Bryan Norrie is also out for at least another week.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope that mitch garbutt gets a run
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or Kenny Bromwich
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or both
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

garbutt would be the go. We need atleast two forwards coming off the bench, but I'd like to see both of them play

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image