Sika Manu - has he re-signed?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
roberttuz

I thought the deadline the club gave him would have expired by now. Any news?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

does it look like it
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Enough with the shit-stirring.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

roberttuz wrote:I thought the deadline the club gave him would have expired by now. Any news?
well you wouldn't know would you...given that Melbourne Storm news doesn't generally find its way onto Womanly fan forums where you spend most of your time.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't mind if he goes. Would let some younger players get a chance.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hearing Sika has signed with Manly, stay tuned..
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Hearing Sika has signed with Manly, stay tuned..
thats exactly what they need! another injury prone islander
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well by all reports they are losing T-Rex to Canterbury, so as one goes out another comes in.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not a bad signing if true and an ace in the hole for games vs storm

He will be taught by our duel premiership winning forwards coach (Toovey taught the forwards as assistant) and Manu is a true aggressive player where as Tony is fake aggression

You'll undoubtedly find some scrub who becomes the new Manu (probably a spastic like Ben Creagh or Vic Mauro) so a relief for the Melbourne cap

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Not a bad signing if true and an ace in the hole for games vs storm

He will be taught by our duel premiership winning forwards coach (Toovey taught the forwards as assistant) and Manu is a true aggressive player where as Tony is fake aggression

You'll undoubtedly find some scrub who becomes the new Manu (probably a spastic like Ben Creagh or Vic Mauro) so a relief for the Melbourne cap

praise for a storm player and bagging a manly premiership player...... be interesting to hear your comments if you keep t rex...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

well t-rex to bulldogs

Canterbury have poached Test back-rower Tony Williams from NRL premiers Manly on a four-year deal starting from the 2013 NRL season.

The 23-year-old NSW State of Origin powerhouse reunites with coach Des Hasler, the first of Hasler's 2011 premiership-winning squad to leave Brookvale to join him at Belmore.

Williams joined Manly three years ago from Parramatta and knocked back offers from the Eels to return there.

His signing comes after Canterbury failed in an attempt to lure star Manly five eighth Kieran Foran, who re-committed to the Sea Eagles.

The departure of Williams could help Manly keep hooker Matt Ballin, who is wanted by Canberra, and NSW fullback Brett Stewart.

Both players are coming off contract at the end of the year.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We won't be looking elsewhere for someone to replace Sika, if he indeed leaves Melbourne - we have one highly promising young man in Tohu Harris. We may look at some more depth in the backrow but ideally Tohu Harris will become the next Sika Manu/Adam Blair.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tony isn't an aggressive man, he fakes it
and I doubt he wants to hurt anyone, Manu scares me he could be a real asset to us

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd love him to re-sign, but, more to the point I want him to make a decision so we can move forward
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika is obviously a very good player and is well liked by his team mates and fans/members.

His loss from the Club would be felt.

Let's not overly dramatise this however...many of Storm's wins this season have come at a time when Sika was out of the team.

Other players have filled the breach very nicely.

Others will continue to do so if necessary.

The Club will continue to move from strength to strength even if Sika leaves.

If the events of 2010 did not kill this Club...then players leaving now and in the future will just be a blip on the radar.

just mho of course
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time