Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

norrie is out with a hand injury, hoffman slots straight into the backrow made an early return.
Smith starts of the bench and greenfield makes his debut, no k.bromwich?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's a shame that Kenny didn't get a crack but interested to see Greenfield finally. He looks like a pretty big unit.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

^ Seriously injury plagued, that bloke. Hopefully his injury isn't serious anyway.

Speaking on injuries, got sick of hearing how 'depleted' the Broncos were by the commentators. Not one of them had the sense to mention that Proctor, Norrie, Vave and Manu out injured isn't much worse than 3 origin blokes rested.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully Greenfield pulls up ok. He is a younger version of Ryles. His stint tonight was very promising.

Personally I believe Lowe played himself onto the bench for the mean time. I'd rather him than pillow
Norrie.

Widdop needs to get his act together, he's been a passenger for a while now and he needs to step up.

On a side note, I feel sorry for David Hala from the broncos. He did his knee tonight which has come on the back of losing his uncle and little cousin in a drowning incident in Auckland this week. Poor guy.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:Hopefully Greenfield pulls up ok. He is a younger version of Ryles. His stint tonight was very promising.

Personally I believe Lowe played himself onto the bench for the mean time. I'd rather him than pillow
Norrie.

Widdop needs to get his act together, he's been a passenger for a while now and he needs to step up.

On a side note, I feel sorry for David Hala from the broncos. He did his knee tonight which has come on the back of losing his uncle and little cousin in a drowning incident in Auckland this week. Poor guy.

Kia ora to that Freshy
roberttuz

Todd Lowrie is the turnaround story of the year. Last year he was ordinary - this year he has been one of our best.

Good to see Bellamy's stubborness to keep playing him is finally paying off.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i thought widdop played alright, good support play.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yep, thought Widdop was terrific.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Widdop's decision making and timing is off. He was average tonight, he had some great moments but also had some prett poor moments too.

mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thought Lowrie played the game of his life - who would ever have thought he would have scored two tries in a match? For a guy that really struggled to make an impact in his first two seasons at the club I think he would be a priority signing next year. Everyone talks about the fullbacks, 5/8ths, halfbacks and hookers as being the crucial players, but lock is probably the most underrated and unnoticed positions and every club needs a good #13. I never thought the Storm would find another Dallas Johnson but the way he has performed all season, he deserves another contract.

Also, I hope Norrie stays out of the team from now on and even though he was injured I was glad he wasn't in the team, we don't need him anymore and he's past his use by date. I reckon Greenfield (when he recovers from his concussion) is a good replacement. Keep Jaiman Lowe away from the team, he is seriously ill-disciplined and the penalty he gave away for a face massage in the first half was just stupid.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Lowrie. I never thought I would see the day that I would vote for him in the members' player of the year. His first two years I thought were poor but this year he has been very good and last night he was outstanding. It wasn't just his two tries he was everywhere:
- Contested a bomb with Jack Reed, which Reed dropped and resulted in a goal line drop out;
- He played the support role in a couple of breaks including when he got his first try;
- He made a contest with Josh Hoffman when Hoffman was chasing through Wallace's kick which resulted in Hoffman knocking on and the Billy-Justin one two that led to one of Billy's tries;
- He chased through Cooper's grubber and brilliantly tapped it back to Billy for Billy's other try;
- He made 33 tackles.

When Lowe gave away that penalty to Parker on the last tackle I was thinking he should never play for the Storm again. However after that I thought he made more metres than usual with his runs and forgetting the penalty that was probably his best game for the Storm. He made 11 runs for 119 metres and made 2 tackle breaks.

I was happy to see Greenfield get his first game for the Storm. He looked solid while he was out there it is just a shame he was hurt and only ended up playing 12 minutes. Ryles was very good again and it was a pleasant surprise when I saw Hoffy out there in 21 during the warm up.

All the best to David Hala after that shocking injury.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a good result, to win convincingly without Vave, Norrie, Proctor & Manu is a great achievement. I'm with Scooter, I thought the exact same when Lowe was penalized for the Parker tackle, after that his runs all had commitment and passion. He's superb when it comes to taking the first hit up from goal line drop out. Found it interesting Widdop was taking the conversion, I wonder if that's going to become a regular occurrence for the rest of the season?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What was more interesting was the trys we scored all seemed to be promoted to make the conversion kicks easier.
That hasn't happened a lot recently with Cam kicking :?
roberttuz

also thought Ryan Hinchcliffe was outstanding. If there were any NSW selectors watching then he would be a good chance to be called up for the second SOO game
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hinchy was the stand out last night, along with Lowrie. Wonder if it was a bit of a up you to Ricky. Boys played solid last night. Could of put 50 on them but the last 20 mins was rubbish football.

I got to say the commentary last night was just horrible, I listen to these guys every week being a qlder and this was by far the worst/bias call all year. I thought Sterlo was down in Melb to do the game so I wonder what happened to him.