Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors @ AAMI Park 25/4 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hurry back please Vave!

Ryles was great but he blotted his copy book with 2 stupid and uncalled for offloads including one off the back of a penalty on half way that led to a turnover. Bellamy needs to put a rocket up him.

Can't fault Jaiman Lowe. He was a stop gap third choice interchange prop who did what the coach asked of him.

Let's see how the roadtrip treats us over the next month (plus players backing up from Origin)....

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I didn't know AAMI Park was the Warriors second home ground? It sure felt like it by the Warriors fans booing Cam's goal kicking and there seemed to be a louder celebration when they scored tries.

Anyway, the Warriors are not what everyone are talking them up to be. They are the most inconsistent team in the history of the game, they are downright terrible one week, OK the next (like tonight) or they play like a champion team the next.

Bogey side my ass (how does a record of 15 wins, 13 losses and 2 draws favouring the Storm make the Warriors our bogey side), they only rely on Maloney's high kicks and a hail mary tap back to the Beast or Inu (who had a deadset shocker tonight and virtually gave the game away to us when the scores were tied at 14-14) and it never works out for them. We shut down there forwards and the Beast (he absolutely smashed Cam in one hit-up but still went no where because our defence stopped him in his tracks).

Chambers is a tryscoring machine and him and O'Neill shut down the Beast, I think Quinny is great as a utility, Lowe had a good return and gave us size up forward (still think Vave will come back though after he recovers from injury), Hoffy is back to his form of '06-'07, Ryles probably had his worst game in Storm colours but was far from terrible, Danger has found his attacking rhythm and Hinchy is just cruising along nicely.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Matt honestly was this ur first storm warriors game....Warrior fans are storm fans in hiding they change from being storm fans to be warriors just for the day

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What i found disgusting about the game was that little shit Kimmorley calling
out shit like "jungle ball"

Warriors play the same shit style the mergepies do and theres no mention
of jungle ball

Shit player > Shit Commentator > Shit person > Brett Kimmorley

Also the first 25-30 minutes i thought the warriors had a chance,then Locke goes
and the game falls apart
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:Matt honestly was this ur first storm warriors game....Warrior fans are storm fans in hiding they change from being storm fans to be warriors just for the day

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I've been to many Storm-Warriors games, but I think it's changed since we left Olympic Park. I can't remember the Storm fans being outnumbered by Warriors fans or Storm fans who become turncoats for one game back at the graveyard.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:It says on the webstie Vave is out due a calf injury done at training. I was at training on Sunday and he did go down at the end of season and have treatment on his calf. I heard him say he felt a ping in his calf and throw he better half it looked out. Craig does not throw matches.

Hi Glennb, I know.... call it a stupid throw away comment. I was nervous about this match ( I always am with the Warriors), particularly with the small bench we had. Then to get there and see Vave missing didn`t help my nerves. Hence the dumb comment. All credit to Craig and the guys for a hell of a game and to Freshy for picking it so well. :)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The boys did an awesome job to repell the massive Warriors side!! And with Bromwich going down, & Vave and Manu not available, easily equalised the fact they were without Johnson and Locke i reckon.

As for the Warriors/Storm fans. I think most Kiwis have always had a soft spot for the Warriors, but this has probably become more obvious since this clash has been scheduled as a regular ANZAC day battle.
I think we did a good job of drowning out the fans with reversable jerseys last night.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We certainly did,I was so proud of the crowd last night,the turncoats were serously out numbered..well done Storm fans..what a great night it was,for a wet week night and the game televised live on Foxtel,it was a great crowd with an even greater result ;D
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't care how badly we played last night, we still won and it sure feels sweet. Revenge is a beautiful thing. Billy Skater was outstanding, his ball skills were beautiful, he played like another halfback. Will Chambers finishing has been top notch so far this season, he is defintley proving those people that doubted whether we needed him back or not. 8 straight!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Hurry back please Vave!

Ryles was great but he blotted his copy book with 2 stupid and uncalled for offloads including one off the back of a penalty on half way that led to a turnover. Bellamy needs to put a rocket up him.

Can't fault Jaiman Lowe. He was a stop gap third choice interchange prop who did what the coach asked of him.

Let's see how the roadtrip treats us over the next month (plus players backing up from Origin)....

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
the offload cam knocked on was a good move imo, but cam was organising the next play and wasnt watching the ball. it happens in the game and we need his and bromwichs offloads to keep the side a little unpredictable.

im really impressed with hoffman the last few weeks, city county, and last night was the best ive seen him in years. he might be a chance of origin if he keeps it up.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Against the warriors I will take a win anyway we can get it.

Just two observations.

Firstly while I love having Will back in this team and it is hard to knock scoring three tries, an argument can be made that he could have twice passed the ball to an open JON instead of trying to do it all himself. I am not knocking self confidence but I still think it is better to make the right football play.

I also think we need to go to two goal kickers. Cam from the right and GW from the left as Cam is just not that good at all from the left hand side of the field and I worry that is going to cost us in a big game.
roberttuz

storm77 wrote:Against the warriors I will take a win anyway we can get it.

Just two observations.

Firstly while I love having Will back in this team and it is hard to knock scoring three tries, an argument can be made that he could have twice passed the ball to an open JON instead of trying to do it all himself. I am not knocking self confidence but I still think it is better to make the right football play.

I also think we need to go to two goal kickers. Cam from the right and GW from the left as Cam is just not that good at all from the left hand side of the field and I worry that is going to cost us in a big game.
Yeah agree 100% - great post. Exactly what I was thinking during the game.

And yes a win is a win - but the Warriors will be stronger later on in the year with Luck, Lillyman, Johnson and Locke back for them
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mystormboys wrote:ADMINISTRATORS CAN WE PLEASE GET THE IGNORE BUTTON PUT BACK ON
User Control Panel - Friends & Foes - Manage Foes - Add New Foe - Submit

NumbNut posts no longer visible :twisted:
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks Bourbon DONE - Your bloods worth bottling:)
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I reckon Neilson had an awesome game - i reckon he has played himself into Origin contention, his defence in the first 20 was awesome. I have been watching him and he seems to be one player who rolls over a plyers back and takes them down at the same time. It stuck nearly every time except once when he dropped off. Pretty good effort i reckon...