Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors @ AAMI Park 25/4 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Team changes:
OUT: Lowrie, vave. IN: quinn, lowe.

Ryles and Hinchcliffe to start .
NO VAVE!! Lowe? Are you kidding me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vave out Lowe in by the looks of it. Warriors by 12...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why the f___ have they left Vave out? No offence to Bellamy but are we trying to throw this ? Not happy!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It says on the webstie Vave is out due a calf injury done at training. I was at training on Sunday and he did go down at the end of season and have treatment on his calf. I heard him say he felt a ping in his calf and throw he better half it looked out. Craig does not throw matches.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at halftime today....in the storms dresser
Why always play so average against NZ?

Looks like a cripple fight.....no offense guys
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Now Bromwich with a hamestring injury apparently !

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

once we stopped giving them the ball in our own half they stopped scoring and we started.

complete the sets and it becomes easy.....
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

The commentators go on about worriors being our bogey side all the game,why don`t they ever ask raiders,rabbits,donkeys,knights etc why they CAN`T win against STORM.raiders won 1 game in 15 games against us(oh and 1 practice match which I don`t count)rabbits have lost 9 games in a row against us. That to me constitues a bogey side.We have won 15 games to worriors 13.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormy wrote:The commentators go on about worriors being our bogey side all the game,why don`t they ever ask raiders,rabbits,donkeys,knights etc why they CAN`T win against STORM.raiders won 1 game in 15 games against us(oh and 1 practice match which I don`t count)rabbits have lost 9 games in a row against us. That to me constitues a bogey side.We have won 15 games to worriors 13.
I think our team started off thinking that way at the start but!!! This is NO ODINARY TEAM
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote:
mattstormy wrote:I know it's not good to change a line-up after 7 straight wins, but this week we have to. We need the biggest props we can field on the bench tomorrow, everyone criticizes us for having a small pack against the Warriors and having two utilities in Hinchy and Kostjasyn (he's a very underrated player and he does nothing wrong, but he has no place on the bench in a game against the Warriors) on the bench won't help. A bench of Garbutt, Vave and Ryles is huge. The amount of metres they would make would give the Storm a very good chance of winning.
It doesn't matter whether people criticise our small pack, they have been doing it since the start of the season saying the likes of Rabbitohs, cowboys and roosters would dominate us due to their pack size, look what happened, we smashed them all. People who place an emphasis on pack size being a dominant decider in the outcome of a game are fools.

Since Bellamy started Coaching, we have never had an overly big forward pack like half the teams in the comp.

Besides everyone calling for Tohu, Kenny or Garbutt to be included this week is dilusional. Warriors have one of if not the biggest packs in the game and throwing in the young boys purely because of their size, is asking for trouble. Their inexperienced and are not hardened enough to debut against a team that feeds off overpowering the opposition pack. Guys like Matulino, Packer and Rapira will turn the young boys into pillows.

Hell one of our biggest forwards in Bromwich is currently playing like a marshmallow.

Adding Vave and Ryles is the only size we need. They Were the missing pieces to our squad last year. They will tighten up the ruck and will ensure the Warriors don't dominate our pack.

Finally the key to success against the Warriors is attacking the fringe of the ruck. They may have a massive forward pack but they also tire quickly. By adding Kostjaysn it adds another dimension to our attack and he is a dependable defender. Having him and Hinchy act as a secondary hooker frees up Cam to play wider of the ruck which just increases our attacking opportunities.

Then Kostjaysn also allows Hinchy to play in the back room, and that increases the mobility of our pack to run the Warriors off their feet.

This year has seen our team play a more expansive game and look where we are, teams with big forward
packs simply can not keep up with our play. The warriors will be the same.

The boys will not let a repeat of last years final happen again. You only have to listen to them talk to know how focused they are to square up against the Warriors.

We will win by 16+ tomorrow.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Told you so!

We played wide of the Ruck, ran the same play 3 times and ended up with 3 tries!

It was always going to be a comfortable score,
We just needed to grind the Warriors out and then play our attacking footy.

Lowe and Ryles were great. They held their own and did not let our pack get intimidated. On that Performance Lowe deserves to stay.

Oh and a few Storm supporters made me laugh. Having a go at Cam for not taking the 2 every time we were in range of the goals. This isn't rugby! We do not take the penalty kick every time we gain a penalty! Fools!.

Go the Storm!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was 100% confident that we were going to win tonight.it never entered my head tonight that worriors were going to beat us.WE ARE NO ORDINARY TEAM.WE ARE AWESOME.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormy wrote:I was 100% confident that we were going to win tonight.it never entered my head tonight that worriors were going to beat us.WE ARE NO ORDINARY TEAM.WE ARE AWESOME.

roberttuz

We were very poor tonight.

Warriors forwards dominated the storm pack all over the park. If they had Shaun Johnson and Kevin Locke in the team the warriors would have won by a comfortable margin.

They are still our bogey team by a long way.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

roberttuz wrote:We were very poor tonight.

Warriors forwards dominated the storm pack all over the park. If they had Shaun Johnson and Kevin Locke in the team the warriors would have won by a comfortable margin.

ADMINISTRATORS CAN WE PLEASE GET THE IGNORE BUTTON PUT BACK ON >:( >:( >:(
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

roberttuz wrote:We were very poor tonight.

bobbieklutz...what part of 32 - 14 don't you understand?