Tigers game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The game againest the Tigers has just be announced to be played Friday 8th June(Round 14). We play the Warriors (Round 13) the Sunday before in New Zealand, have a five day break with a two hour flight home the face the Tigers with no origin players. Yet the Broncos get another seven day break and the Warriors who will have no players (maybe one) missing have an eight day break.

How is the NRL being fair? I know channel nine picks and chooses the games, but this new commission was meant to help the game of Rugby League. Letting things like this happen is not being fair to all clubs.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

nrl commission have noted all these problems in the game and it should all change in the next deal, no matter who gets the rights
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Glennb, England,2 Weeks of then nz into a 5 day turnaround to gosford

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

then we play the dogs in adelaide around 22 june
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry Poppins has a point...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins does have a point. Do you think the new Commission will have the balls to change the World Club Challenge? Surely one year should be in England and the next year in Oz.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The short turnaround is something to help the Tigers they haven't been to Melbourne for 3 or 4 years so they might not know how to get here.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The warriors game is Friday night, not Sunday.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Whoops, sorry ! The gable had been added to my calendar as Friday night. I realise now that all games not yet scheduled appear asfriday night games.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No the warriors game in New Zealand is a sunday

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hope you guys smash the shit out of them
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

SO DO WE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The worst is on the 23rd May is the 1st State of Origin and then we play the Broncos on the Friday 25th!! our rep guys will be knackered, then so will the broncos but they may not have too many,and I don't care about them anyway!!
Strange the way the draw is done,we only play Manly once and also The Dragons once and they are both away games .Yet we have a home and away game V The Warriors within weeks of each other.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

WCC should be played at the end of the season, not at the beginning of the next season.
Aussie teams have a poor track record mainly because they are mid-way into their pre-season training whereas the SuperLeague season has already begun, so players' body's are primed at full match fitness.
It must be a huge disruption to both teams seasons. Often players have retired or moved on, and new signings added also.
End of season would be a much better showdown, and a true test of which comp is tougher and which team is better.

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:WCC should be played at the end of the season, not at the beginning of the next season.
Aussie teams have a poor track record mainly because they are mid-way into their pre-season training whereas the SuperLeague season has already begun, so players' body's are primed at full match fitness.
It must be a huge disruption to both teams seasons. Often players have retired or moved on, and new signings added also.
End of season would be a much better showdown, and a true test of which comp is tougher and which team is better.

I agree I have always said that the end of season would be better. They should organise it so the NRL and Super League Grand Finals are on the same weekend and play the match a fortnight later. That would allow teams a few days of celebrations and then a week or so to prepare and then end of season Four Nations (assuming there is one) can start the week later. It would also mean that the two premiership teams would play against each other barring injuries and player transfers wouldn't come into it. The match could be played in OZ or UK depending on where Four Nations were being played.