Willie Mason

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tigers out of race for mason and there are 2 clubs (identities withheld) that are still in talks with him. I remember Bellamy saying he will be good for the game etc....do you guys think we are one of those clubs?

He will be good for one seaons for us with manu injured....
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Only if he is really cheap (say between 50-100k). It would most likely only be a one year deal as well (like Clint Newton in '07).

Bellyache would sort him out, look what he's done over the last few years with veteran forwards. That is why players like Willie would thrive in Melbourne because the culture of the Storm is the best out of all the other clubs.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon willie would give his left nut to play for us.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd take him,give him Darcy's contract

Darcy turned a game into an absolute classic

[ Post made via Android ] Image
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cherry_Poppins wrote:I'd take him,give him Darcy's contract

Darcy turned a game into an absolute classic

Darcy is softer than Robbie Farah...he hasn't done anything in any game I have seen him play..infact he needed 5 ppl to help him take on one guy hahaha...its fitting that your club sells female jerseys...now I know why..becasue most of your players like to wear them when they play..Lotti....The Eagle LOL
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah lol, getting your arms held while some filthy prick punches your face, then giving him dog shots back is soft

I just don't like his wants for an outlandish salary while he drops more balls than kings cross

also womens Jerseys are a great initiative and manly have more than two fans, our crowds are larger

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins the whole Brookvale Brawl started because Lussick was soft. He tackled Ryan Hinchcliffe and as Hinchcliffe struggled to get up to play the ball Lussick received what at worst could be described as a glancing blow from Hinchcliffe's elbow. 99% of players in NRL would have got back to marker instead Lussick over re-acts and starts the brawl.

Not sure if it is in this thread or another thread. You were asking why people don't like Steve Matai. The reason is he is a grub. He often takes pot shots at players off the ball and if he is not doing that he is knocking people out just ask Mark Gasnier re: an end of season Aus v NZ test a number of years back. Actually don't bother because Gaz probably wont remember.

Before you say I am negative against Manly I agree with your comment elsewhere that I would welcome Watmough and G. Stewart into the Storm line up
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With my maroon and white glasses I seen it as a deliberate act (the elbow), taking them off isn't possible but I do acknowledge their existence, to me since I haven't seen the elbow other than in slow motion it could've been hard or piss weak, that battle was probably my biggest amount of bloodlust I have ever had as I was one of that 20k crowd

On that last comment, you despise the both of then don't you?

stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don`t think whatmough is as grubby these days as he used to be.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:I don`t think whatmough is as grubby these days as he used to be.
Probably cause he is getting older and softer,but you watch him in state of origin,he will be on his best grubby form then along with Ennis
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Look at what Bellamy has done with Jason Ryles. He'd get similar results out of Mason and Willie would give his left nut to play under Bellamy again.

I'd be all for Willie coming to Melbourne but not at the expense of someone like Vave.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:
stormy wrote:I don`t think whatmough is as grubby these days as he used to be.
Probably cause he is getting older and softer,but you watch him in state of origin,he will be on his best grubby form then along with Ennis

Lol,Soft? the bloke pushed 3 guys upfield around 10-15 metres the other week and you call him soft?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Watmough does alot of (unnoticed) charity work.. he does charity work for the homeless in a soup kitchen and encourages the less fortunate.He has gone up alot in my estimation.His position on the field requires him to be tough just as we expect our players to be tough.I just don`t want him to be as tough as our boys when we play manly. :lol:
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any news on mason??
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Think Bellyache's interest in Mason may have died down because of the form Ryles and Vave are in. No need for him at the minute.