2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A couple of people have mentioned it already and seeing as how it`s now round four I thought I`d start it up. Go Storm 4-0 and looking good ;D !
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stealing my record thread thunder there woody haha =P it was long overdue anyway!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sorry 1999, I just thought a few people had mentioned it but no-one seemed to be going to do it and given it`s probably the most relevant thread that covers the whole year it was a good one to keep going. No thunder -stealing intended :-D
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

Now that cronk has resigned for 4 years, I think our next priority signing is sika!?
Get him locked up and ill be more than happy!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure how much truth there is to is but Gauci said something along the lines of us not spending all our money to keep him and still being comfortable in regards to the cap. They weren't the exact words but from how i took it we've still got money to spend so hopefully there'll be enough for Siks. I know we can't keep them all but i think Mr Ponissi is a smart man and would've had a plan to try and give us every possible chance to retain Sika whether Coops left or not. No doubt he'll be offered more elsewhere but lets hope we have enough to keep him. It's impossible to know without knowing who the club plans to let go to save money.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a great day for Storm..Cooper staying.I think Sika will follow Coops and stay with us.sika will want to be the best he can and he will achieve that at STORM.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now can someone please enlighten me:

I was searching google for contract information on Justin O'Neill, turns out that he signed a 2 year contract in 2010. Therefore this is his last year but
Nothing has been mentioned of it.

Has he re-signed again? What is the deal.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

off contract this year
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:off contract this year
Jeeze, I really hope he re-signs, would rather him be our priority over sika and danger.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika then Juzzie
Monsoon
Monsoon

Players signed beyond 2012:

Slater (2015)
Duffie (2014)
M.Blair (2013)
Chambers (2014)
Widdop (2013/14 Option)
Cronk (2016)
Bromwich (2015)
Smith (2014)
Proctor (2015)
Hoffman (2014)
Hinchcliffe (2014)

We have ALOT of off contract players in 2012 lol. I think Neilsen, O'Neill, Lowrie, Manu, Norrie, Vave and Ryles are the priorities.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Here are my predictions of what will happen to the off contract players this year:

Nielsen - Probably will leave to a Sydney club
O'Neill - If Chambers keeps him out of the side for the rest of the year, he will probably leave (I think he was originally from Townsville, so maybe the Cowboys??)
Lowrie - With the current form he is in I think the Storm would want to re-sign him
Manu - Like Blair last year, will probably chase the $$$ and leave
Norrie - Probably play out his career with Storm (he'll be 29 later this year)
Vave - Don't know
Ryles - If Storm win premiership, he'll probably retire. If not, he might stay next year

Unknown
Quinn - Like Norrie, will probably play out his career at the Storm (he'll be 30 next January). What other club would want him??
Waqa - Probably be released
Kostjasyn/Kelly - Due to Cronk re-signing, I think they will be released/not offered another contract.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1999 wrote:Players signed beyond 2012:

Slater (2015)
Duffie (2014)
M.Blair (2013)
Chambers (2014)
Widdop (2013/14 Option)
Cronk (2016)
Bromwich (2015)
Smith (2014)
Proctor (2015)
Hoffman (2014)
Hinchcliffe (2014)

We have ALOT of off contract players in 2012 lol. I think Neilsen, O'Neill, Lowrie, Manu, Norrie, Vave and Ryles are the priorities.
Tohu
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we need to get the young guys locked in for a few years, k-brom, tohu, fonua, garbutt looks good in qld cup and even get panapa from easts as well. we cant afford other clubs to pinch these kids from us.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:we need to get the young guys locked in for a few years, k-brom, tohu, fonua, garbutt looks good in qld cup and even get panapa from easts as well. we cant afford other clubs to pinch these kids from us.
I would be confident that Frank P is on the job Storming....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time