2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh Vave is going....I heard it too
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Extremely annoyed at keeping Norrie over Vave.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Extremely annoyed at keeping Norrie over Vave.
It's pretty obvious that there were aspects to Vave's game that were substandard.

Maybe discipline...maybe fitness...maybe commitment ??

Things that the average punter will never know but which the players are measured by against their peers and coaches.

If he was brilliant..if he was the game changer...if he was the difference to Storm winning a Premiership, he would have been played and he would have been re-signed.

It's just the way footy rolls....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of course. But the direction our team is moving in, I choose a 23 year old over a almost 30 year old ageing prop every day of the week. Vave has plenty of upside in him while Norrie hasn't. Plus Norrie isn't exactly a must keep player either, but he's obviously a favourite of Bellamy. So I'm sure everybody here will be happy with the decision.

Would have him over Rose too if that ever happens.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Of course. But the direction our team is moving in, I choose a 23 year old over a almost 30 year old ageing prop every day of the week. Vave has plenty of upside in him while Norrie hasn't. Plus Norrie isn't exactly a must keep player either, but he's obviously a favourite of Bellamy. So I'm sure everybody here will be happy with the decision.

Would have him over Rose too if that ever happens.
Agreed mate.

True we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but on on-field performances alone, there was enough to like about Vave to hold onto him. He was bending the line late last year/early this year and then couldn't get a run for some unknown reason.

Disappointed in losing Vave. Particularly because value for money props are hard to come by and I think Vave fits that mould.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:vave?
vave is tipped to sign with broncos.. so i dont no who knights have got.. unless they class Kirisome auva'a as a forward it might be him or someone from our u20s team..
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I spoke with Vaves and asked him straight out are you going to the broncos/knights and he said him manager has only been talking to the storm and he was pretty sure he would still be in melbourne next year...Kirisome who usually talks to me all the time ignored me even when I said hi
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Sally. Definitely want to keep Vaves on the team. Feel a little sorry for Kirisome but we have a pretty solid back row moving forward.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does anyone have any stats on joe picker from the readers? Apparently he has been told by Stewart that he is no longer needed for 2014. Could be a good pickup for front row? I think he is around 100kg.. Thoughts???
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Too small for prop. Decent backrow pick-up but we are probably set for backrowers.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

according to big league, kenny bromwich's contract is until the end of 2016
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have signed up again for next season. WOOHOO 2014 STORM MEMBER..
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:I have signed up again for next season. WOOHOO 2014 STORM MEMBER..
What membership did you get Stormy and why?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ME TOO ! Signed up n payed up for 2014
Same membership I've had since 1998
A G.A. foot soldier in the Storm Army :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
stormy wrote:I have signed up again for next season. WOOHOO 2014 STORM MEMBER..
What membership did you get Stormy and why?
Since I left Melbourne for sadelaide I have got a country m/ship. I go over to Melbourne for at least 4 games so that is the best m/ship for me. An interstate m/ship is no good for us as it would entitle us to go to games in sydney & brisbane. Are you a member Yourhero? If not you SHOULD BE.