2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
nacho wrote:Its very reassuring to see fellow supporters share the same view about the future crop of players representing our city and us as fans.

If we keep voicing concerns over issues like this then we will be in good hands!

Can anyone tell me what is that extended thumb and little finger crap all about.

I have seen pictures of Ferguson doing it...Lodge doing it....other Gen Y's doing it...

are they meant to be gangsters or something ??

Please don't me that is it...or I will piss myself laughing
people of low socio-economic backgrounds have adopted this hand signal as their greeting to one another when they meet amongst individuals of average or higher intellegence. They also use it as a beacon of sorts, traditionally the first person to use the signal buys the beers.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

O Dear !

This 'old bloke' thinks you are referring to a 'surfers hand sign' ? that goes back a long time :?

Thought I'd best check,(since my grey sponge holds a bit these days), & found this Shaka sign
hope the info helps ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I couldn't find his Facebook. Is it still up?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Look up Matthew lodge
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Look up Matthew lodge
Couldn't find anything. Might have had new security settings applied?
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Got it thanks Sallymay. He is from "god's country western Sydney" lol. Bit of a douche. Its a Shame,good player, good size, hope he is not another Mitchell Johnson. fighting all over the world.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the club has had a word to our lad, facebook says the page has been taken down
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:O Dear !

This 'old bloke' thinks you are referring to a 'surfers hand sign' ? that goes back a long time :?

Thought I'd best check,(since my grey sponge holds a bit these days), & found this Shaka sign
hope the info helps ;)
Thanks BR.....the link was useful !

Not sure what the relevance or significance is to the non surfing Gen Y's though.

The older I get...the less I seem to understand... ::)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:I think the club has had a word to our lad, facebook says the page has been taken down

Good news...let's all hope that the re-education and re-wiring process for Matthew Lodge has begun.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So according to frank ponessi we have picked up 4 players for next year Lodge Hunt Robinson and Kafusi

And lost Ryles Sau widdop Blair Setu and Mcghann

Matt mcghan is apparently going back to union

Vave and Kirisome Avvaa are both in talks now Vave is 90% to stay Somi is 50/50
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So not much recruiting really. Like we're going younger though. Tbh losing young players is never good but I wasn't really impressed with McGahan that much.

Hopefully Vave stays and I'd like to see Avvaa too, he's been impressive in the Q cup IMO.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently have spots for three more two Ryles like players and a backup 5/8 but have found anyone yet
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:So not much recruiting really. Like we're going younger though. Tbh losing young players is never good but I wasn't really impressed with McGahan that much.

Hopefully Vave stays and I'd like to see Avvaa too, he's been impressive in the Q cup IMO.
McGahan was great up until he broke his leg early in 2012. Came back this year into a team without a help at 1, 7 and 9 and had to play out of position.

Would have been a better 6 then Hampton IMO.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

@RLW_Mole 7h
EXCLUSIVE in the Mole in @LeagueWeek today: @MelbourneStorm show interest in the great @gorgeousgrose AKA George Rose!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I did hear the George Rose story about two months ago and posted here. I think the Mole is behind the times or he has been reading this site and getting his information!!!