2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chisholm is enormously talented and can play anywhere from 1 through to 7. Hasn't lived up to his promise yet though. I hope he does one day, he really could be anything.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He is a French International player
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:He is a French International player
Big Jim...that made me laugh so hard.

Nice one !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am a big fan of Chisholm as Mattpoet says he can play anywhere from 1 to 7. His most suited positions are probably 1, 6 or 7. So not sure how he will get a game ahead of Snake, DCE or Foran. His only NRL game thus far came on the wing as a late inclusion for Anthony Quinn last year v the Raiders. He was solid that night although Ferguson chipped over the top of him to score the match winning try (not many people would have stopped that).

Chisholm scored 4 or 5 tries in an Under 20s final v Rabbitohs at Etihad in 2009. He is lightning fast. I was surprised / disappointed he wasn't given a game at the Tigers this year when they had a number of injuries in the halves.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Obscure signing then,probably just a depth player at Manly unless he can learn winger better im assuming

Tigers are morons i don't care what they do with players,lose a bunch of good ones to get a grubby moron
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Confirmed tonight at the awards that Finchy is back.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:scratch:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

finches just replacing Rory...backup for Gaz Coops and Benny H
A player told me tonight he thinks his coming back mostly to coach more then play
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kidwell to coach the Warriors

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6489751680

Would of thought Kearney would of come back to Storm if he was going to do a assistant role.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6489757870
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Had to have a chuckle from this comment in the Telecrap "There is also the thought Bellamy may want to move on at some stage in the near future as he doesn't want to be the coach who has to send Billy Slater (29), Cameron Smith (29) or Cooper Cronk (28) out to pasture in coming years." While the boys are closer to the end of their career than what they are the start i've no doubt they can and will see out and deal Bellyache might sign with us.

IMO barring injury they easily have at least3 years each in them at the top level and even more so i cant see that coming into Bellyache's thinking whatsoever. As for Mooks not coming back, i can't say i'm surprised. He's a club legend and we all love him but he moved on to other things and broke the apron strings so to speak. By his own admittance he wasn't ready for his own coaching gig but who knows, he might be by the time when Bellyache moves on in 2017 ;)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did we or did we not sign david gower...cause now I just read an article that he has signed with manly??????
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Did we or did we not sign david gower...cause now I just read an article that he has signed with manly??????
Sallymay I assume that as with Justin Horo as we did not hear anything official from the Storm that we have not signed Gower. The only place I read about Gower was on The Bai Stand.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After initial worry about disturbing a proven halves combo, I am now excited at the prospect of having Finchy back in Storm colours...

Finchy copped it from Raiders fans and Parra fans quite hard but whilst at Melbourne he was loved by players and fans alike. It's great to have someone back who (seemingly) loves our great club. When Finch played for us, he was one of my favourite players. Ball playing and kicking as a support act to Cronk, he performed very solidly, but the thing I loved most was that for a half, his defence was strong and kick chase superb (something not so great this year).

I don't think Bellamy would jeopardize our cohesion for the sake of friendship and loyalty. Quinn is proof of that. if Finchy runs out onto the field, it will be with a defined, succinct role... One I'm sure he will perform with everything he's got.

And if he comes back with the kind of vigour, enthusiasm, effort and improvement we have seen in Hoffy, we are really in for a treat.

Welcome home, Finchy. Home to the only club that has ever truly appreciated what you can bring to a game :)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Welcome home, Finchy. Home to the only club that has ever truly appreciated what you can bring to a game :)

HERE HERE 8)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:
yourhero wrote:Welcome home, Finchy. Home to the only club that has ever truly appreciated what you can bring to a game :)

HERE HERE 8)
+ 1

Love Finchy....so excited to have him back at our Club.

Finger crossed that the boys can help him get a Premiers ring in 2013.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time