2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Haha every time I see him and Konrad Hurrell I can't help but laugh.

These 2 were part of the infamous school rugby fight between Kelston and Auckland Grammar first 15 teams.

I don't want muppets like that on my team.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rumour on Sydney Daily Telegraph talk back today said Brett Finch back at Melbourne 2013 is signed, sealed and delivered.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ritchie Fa'aoso - Manly

[ Post made via Android ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know Sydney paper rumours are not that good, this talk back also had Lewis confirmed as going both to Eels and Sharks. But I do like the sound of Brett Finch back to Storm.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well now that Riche Fa'aoso has confirmed that he's heading to the arch-enemy next season, it's time to start signing players from elsewhere. Brett Finch is the only player that we've really been linked too, hopefully we're in talks with a few other good players.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not sure where Finch would play ball playing lock maybe
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Have to agree with Jim. While I like the idea of Finchy coming back I`m just not sure where he would fit.
On a slightly different note, here`s one guy I would love to get back into the team and I hope FP etc are keeping an eye on what happens with him
:-D

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 21u3l.html
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Would love to get Jeremy Smith back in Melbourne, he would be the perfect acquisition for our forward pack that clearly needs more aggression and mongrel. Would be a better investment that going after Finch who would be sitting on the bench, you would have to assume.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Inglis#3 wrote:Would love to get Jeremy Smith back in Melbourne, he would be the perfect acquisition for our forward pack that clearly needs more aggression and mongrel. Would be a better investment that going after Finch who would be sitting on the bench, you would have to assume.
other option is widdop to centre to cover for nielson leaving finch to halves. but thats the same paper that said hinchcliffe signed with parra, foran signed with dogs... the list goes on
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That is going backwards Widdop back to 5/8th O`neill to Centre and Fonua on the wing
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

BIG JIM wrote:That is going backwards Widdop back to 5/8th O`neill to Centre and Fonua on the wing
this is what i would like to see.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need to sign a winger, our current crop of wingers are just not performing at first-grade level.
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm Optimistic for 2013, I think our starting 17 will have a good blend of youth and experience, my one big change with finch coming back in will be Widdop moving to the centres, he has the footwork and the speed aswell as a great ability to get outside his man, i'd love to see him replace Neilsen, my top 17 for 2013 at the moment:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Will Chambers
4. Gareth Widdop
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jason Ryles
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Tim Glasby
16. Mitchell Garbutt
17. Tohu Harris
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

has finch actually signed?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 - I like the look of that team, however I would have Fonua on the wing in place of Duffie, Duffie's defense is ordinary. Fonua will be a star in that backline.