2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Inglis#3 wrote:What about going after Johnathan Wright who is off-contract at the end of the season, to fill the void that will be left by Danger, or even just for depth. He is a highly talented back who is very versatile. Would be an awesome acquisition and his best football is still ahead of him as he's only 25. Hopefully Bellyache is atleast considering him.
wash your mouth out!! parra got rid of him because he has feet for hands and can not defend well. the only reason he is playing for the dogs is because they spend all their cap on forwards and have no quality backs cept for barba n morris
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turner's quality too
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Turner's quality too
Zappa was made to look a lot better player than he is when he was at the Storm (he played outside the likes of Matt King in '06, Izzy in '07-'08 and Chambers in '09). His main job was typical for a small winger, finishing tries and that was just about it. His defence was shaky at times and the opposition targeted him with high kicks. I don't know why the Bulldogs were so interested in him when they recruited him in 2010.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very harsh considering he was one of the form wingers of the competition before being hurt this year
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The people that don't think Johnathan Wright is a good player have no clue & obviously haven't been watching him play this year. There are no guarantees that Mahe Fonua is going to be up to first grade standard next season and you can never have enough depth. We have plenty of money to spend so defintley only need to sign one back really.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

wright has improved, but he still is not worthy of chasing!!!!! parra fans wanted him out, even half the doggies fans want him out, there is a reason for that
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't care either way if we went for Wright or not, the way i see it is if Bellyache thinks any player is worth going for and can add something to the side then that's good enough for me. To be fair though i don't think you can gauge a players worth simply on what the opposition fans think given Raiders fans and more so many of the Gooster and Parra fans (Parra ferals especially) hated Finchy with a passion. He was excellent for us so it doesn't bother me at all what opposition fans think of players we go after/get because the great man will make them much better players than they ever were at their previous clubs.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:The people that don't think Johnathan Wright is a good player have no clue & obviously haven't been watching him play this year.
Really?
He wouldn't even be in the doggies 17 if it weren't for injuries. No thanks. We have enough talent in the backline, lets target a forward who can help us, preferably a back rower.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have a feeling if we recruit Jonathon Wright, he will end up like another Beau Champion. I think it's better to develop centres and wingers (Mahe Fonua is a certain starter next year) or if the Storm are in desparate need to fill those positions they can recruit a 30+ journeyman to fill in for injuries.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we need a forward who can man up and get some mongrel in them, i want mick ennis personality but in the body of sika manu
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:we need a forward who can man up and get some mongrel in them, i want mick ennis personality but in the body of sika manu
well you have 2 options then, tariq sims or t-rex
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Keep Sika and groom a youngen in the mold of a Tariq/Trex/Dave Taylor. Our forward pack does miss the mongrel other top sides have.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From what everyone has said of him maybe it's a role that Garbutt could fill?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody wrote:From what everyone has said of him maybe it's a role that Garbutt could fill?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
garbutt is big n strong but i see him more like ryles. we need someone like j.smith or crocker. i see j-lowe is trying to add niggle and aggression but isn't up to the standard other teams have
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If only Hinchy was bigger, he's got some go in him