2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Same here.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mole just reported Luke Kelly signed with the Eels :( majorly sad he is leaving but hopfully he finally makes first grade and we get to see him play NRL

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

Oh well can't keep them all I wish Luke all the best

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not surprised really. The kids hopes vanished once Widdop proved he could handle the 6 jersey. Injuries also. Hope he gets a shot at loleels and kills it there.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sad to see him go but wondering where he is going to fit in at the eels. Surely he wouldn`t have signed there to slot in behind Sandow?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

much as i trust the mole (lol) do we have anything official? is he leaving at the end of the year or immediately?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It says in his column in todays RLW he's poisd to sign with Parra. There's also another article (not from the mole) about Lima which says "Originally i was heading back to Melbourne, there was a chance i was going back there but Madge spoke to my manager and i jump on it" in regards to his move to the Rabbits. Shame, would've liked to see him back.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote:Sad to see him go but wondering where he is going to fit in at the eels. Surely he wouldn`t have signed there to slot in behind Sandow?
They really have no 5/8th. I could see him getting a chance there.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i hope cooper doesnt get injured if kelly goes! but i can see why kelly would want out and show what he can do and get the chance to earn more $$
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

What about going after Johnathan Wright who is off-contract at the end of the season, to fill the void that will be left by Danger, or even just for depth. He is a highly talented back who is very versatile. Would be an awesome acquisition and his best football is still ahead of him as he's only 25. Hopefully Bellyache is atleast considering him.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote:What about going after Johnathan Wright who is off-contract at the end of the season, to fill the void that will be left by Danger, or even just for depth. He is a highly talented back who is very versatile. Would be an awesome acquisition and his best football is still ahead of him as he's only 25. Hopefully Bellyache is atleast considering him.
I think we have to wait until the club knows what's happening with Sika, then the Storm will be able to chase off contract players. Johnathon Wright would be a good pick up to replace Danger, but Mahe Fonua on the wing and Juzzy in the centres next year would be a better option.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mattstormy wrote: I think we have to wait until the club knows what's happening with Sika, then the Storm will be able to chase off contract players. Johnathon Wright would be a good pick up to replace Danger, but Mahe Fonua on the wing and Juzzy in the centres next year would be a better option.
8)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IMO we need forwards. No backs. We breed backs. We need to invest in one of our young players or sign a forward that can be a strike weapon. Need to make our pack fearless.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need a couple of beefy props and at least one more powerful back rower
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

backs are covered we've got fonua for next year. For the forwards Bring tohu up resign vave and sign martin taupau!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image