2013 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its the bloody basketball team not the storm
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:Vave has re-signed with Storm for a further 2 years.

that is all.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
That is awesome news assuming it is official.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Guys, look for an announcement from the bunnies in the next few days signing Geoff Lima on a 2 year deal.. I'm am mates with his brother sonny and he just got off the phone to him.... Starting to look like the south Sydney storm!!!!!! ;-)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its piss poor when a Coach cant assemble a team on his own and not from a former team sheet
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good cause jeff never wanted to go overseas in the first place
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote:Its piss poor when a Coach cant assemble a team on his own and not from a former team sheet
Big Jim it is not really a surprise given Maguire was the assistant here and coached Lima in the UK. I was actually a bit surprised that Finchy didn't come back to Souths when Maguire moved there considering they were looking for a half. It also gives Jeff a chance to play his 100th NRL game. He is currently sitting on 98 NRL games (96 with Storm and 2 with Wests Tigers).
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i find it funny that a team can pick up all these players that we couldn't afford through the cap restrictions, yet they can get so many of them. but good luck to them i guess
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt Schubert will be down there investigating though - being a Sydney club and all
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bobby blair is staying he thinks....he was at the maroons crusade party tonight at the mail exchange hotel with shea kenny and mahe...i asked him if he was staying with the storm and he said his manager asked him where he wanted to play next year and he said storm so his manager was looking after it

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

good to hear that Sally..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd love to have him off the bench.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

lima to souths for 2 years, looks like trex to the dogs. i guess manu will either go to the eels or stay with us then
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

i read in a storm article that manly were showing some intrest in manu and if they lost t-rex they'd make a play for him or something cant quite remember but it was something like that. I guess we'll wait and see soon hopefully

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:lima to souths for 2 years, looks like trex to the dogs. i guess manu will either go to the eels or stay with us then
I guess South Sydney see something in recruiting washed up has beens from the Storm's successful era (Lima is 30 in July this year). They've already got Crocker and King who are rising 32 and I'm starting to wonder who will be their next recruit who was a former Storm player.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I reckon Todd Lowrie played himself into another contract for next year. Absolutely outstanding tonight. Reckon Ryles could go around again too.