Keep Coops, Goodbye Sika and Danger???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Inglis #3 what does that mean? He has asked for melbourne to join him in a press conference?? as in sit with him meanign he may have signed with us OR has he requested the storm let him hold his own press conference which would mean he is gone..how did you get this info?

Also guys Cooper was not that keen to stay with us during the Salary Cap drama...unfortunatley us fans and the players lost the most..in some ways I feel he may resent our club because he has worked so hard to win those titles and they were all taken away form him (and the other players) I can't really blame him for wanted to go somewhere and get a fresh start. I want him to stay I really do but we also have Billy off contract next yr or the year after and Cam smith also and I can tell you now the Cap won't be big enough for us to fit Coops, Slater and Smith in one team withour sacrificing depth in other positions.

When the cap drama unfolded Cronk was in talks with parra..he asked the club to let him talk to other clubs and we said ok. Now a few weeks later we made the decesion to let Inglis go and revoked Coopers right to talk to other clubs...he may not have been happy about that but he respected the clubs wishes and went back to playing for us...to be honest he has been the best halfback we have had and if he does leave I iwll wish him the best and continue to support hiim and his career. I think if I were in his shoes I would be filthy with the club for cheating the cap and all my hard work over the years being diregaurded by everyone and me having nothing to show for it...

I guess we will find out the score sometime tommorow if Inglis#3's info is correct
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

FFS wait!!!!

We still have to find a pen.....for Foz
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The info is from an email from the club.

If the club had resigned him they would have announced their own Media Conference. If he has signed somewhere else then that club or Cooper would announce it.

This sounds bad.

I do agree with scriptyx - Coops did take the stripping of the titles very hard and who would blame him?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote: I want him to stay I really do but we also have Billy off contract next yr or the year after and Cam smith also and I can tell you now the Cap won't be big enough for us to fit Coops, Slater and Smith in one team withour sacrificing depth in other positions.
Didn't Billy sign a new contract last year to keep him at the Storm until at least 2015 (meaning he will most likely be a one club player???).
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hi guys sorry I just saw a tweet from the club...Agree with you all doesn't look good it looks like Cronk is callin gthe press conference and is requesting the storm allow him to do so. Going on the info I have in front of me and the way the tweet is worded it suggests to me that he will be announcing he is leaving. I'm sure he owuld have told the players today about it or will do so tomrw morning. If any of you are on twitter add the players I'm sure someone will tweet info before 10.30am 9even if its just ot say how gutted they are)

If he leaves then good luck Cronk you have given us some great years of service and I will never forget jake websters try against the doggies which was set up by your kick in the dying seconds
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not necessarily Stormsally.

Call me optimistic, but if you are playing a game Friday night - you don't announce you're leaving Thursday morning. You wait until afterwards.

Secondly, the stuff coming out of the Gold Coast is so worrying I can't see how he could make a decision at this time. The titans aren't just smoking, they are ablaze.

If he announces the Titans then fair enough. I will be surprised but not upset. He's been a wonderful player for our club and I'll never say a bad word about him whilst he's in Storm colours. His professionalism is something that has set a wonderful example for younger players coming into the club.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still not sure he is gone. Like you Diehard why would you announce before a friday night game in Melbourne. Anyway like I said wishful thinking perhaps - but I for one will be glad when it is over
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if you talk to ex players, they look back and say they wouldn't swap any amount of money for the premierships they won... i wonder if cooper took that into account with his decision, guess we will find out tomorrow..... FINALLY
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully if he does goes its to ESL, he shouldn't wear a different Jersey

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:if you talk to ex players, they look back and say they wouldn't swap any amount of money for the premierships they won... i wonder if cooper took that into account with his decision, guess we will find out tomorrow..... FINALLY
Unlikely any of them were offered an extra million bucks on top of their preferred option.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:
scriptyx wrote: I want him to stay I really do but we also have Billy off contract next yr or the year after and Cam smith also and I can tell you now the Cap won't be big enough for us to fit Coops, Slater and Smith in one team withour sacrificing depth in other positions.
Didn't Billy sign a new contract last year to keep him at the Storm until at least 2015 (meaning he will most likely be a one club player???).

Yep, Bill is signed until the end of 2015 and Cam is signed til the end of 2014.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Guys maybe he is annoucing it before a big game becasue the club gave him a deadline to do so....I am sure Sika and Dane need to get their contract sorted ASAP. I am sure that Cronk is going and he is making the annoucement tmrw because we have told him he needs to do it by the end of the week. Now its not ideal and I'm sure the club expected an answer from him Sat or Sun after the game but maybe he isn't happy with being given a deadline and is doing it before a game to get back at them..Losts of politics involved in any contact discussion and lots we dont know. I'm just calling it how I see it hope I am wrong
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe...he just wants a change of scene.

I can relate to that.

Anyway...players come...players go.....

The sun will come up tomorrow and the next day and the next...

The way Storm is playing as a team at the moment, I reckon a long term replacement 7 will be just around the corner.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Orford hasnt signed with anyone yet :P
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

scriptyx wrote:Guys maybe he is annoucing it before a big game becasue the club gave him a deadline to do so....I am sure Sika and Dane need to get their contract sorted ASAP. I am sure that Cronk is going and he is making the annoucement tmrw because we have told him he needs to do it by the end of the week.
I see what you're saying scriptyx but even though the club gave him a deadline that's doesn't mean he has to announce it publically tomorrow. By that i mean he could've quite easily still told the club today if he was leaving then made it official publically after the game this week. The club only need to know if he's coming or going from him for them to negotiate other contracts, not for a presser. Anyway, we're all speculating and none of us have a clue as to what is going to happen. The odds are he's gone but i also haven't entirely ruled him out staying.