Keep Coops, Goodbye Sika and Danger???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

well if word has got to storm hq that he has signed but is unsure about tits financial situation, its best to give him a deadline and he might get cold feet and stay.

but also i think the pressure would be on sika n danger from other clubs to sign with them, as they know its the perfect time to pounce while the storm is side tracked with cooper.

its gone on too long now and will affect others off contract mentally imo
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Looks like the Titans might have a buyer.
If I was promised big money to change clubs and told dont worry about us being broke we have a white knight comming to save us, I would not make a dissision until the white knight payed for the NRL license either.

No doubt he is gone, our only hope is that the financial possition of the Titans gets worse not better.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he goes the sign was on the wall when Luke Kelly re-signed .

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

luke kelly only re-signed for this yr Michael :P
roberttuz

imagine having Luke Kelly as your halfback. Wooden spoon here we come
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

roberttuz wrote:imagine having Luke Kelly as your halfback. Wooden spoon here we come
If your a Storm fan then im a transsexual prostitute

This people,is a very bad troll,do not feed it
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's the most unintelligent troll we've ever had. And since being exposed he's getting even stupider

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And now this :- 40mins ago

(Photo: Getty Images)

We thought Cooper Cronk was over the line with the Gold Coast Titans but an NRL insider told Triple M's The Grill Team the star Melbourne Storm halfback met with the St George Dragons on Monday.

"I think there's a real chance with that. I wouldn't be going with the Titans. I mean, [the Titans] have offered Cooper Cronk $800,000 a year for four years but is he gonna get that money?," said Grill Team host Matty Johns.

"At the moment you're looking at the Dragons. They went after [Tim] Moltzen hard and that shows they either need a fullback or need someone else to fill in the halves to push [current halfback] Ben Hornby back to fullback. I think there is real credence in that.

"I would much prefer to see Cooper Cronk at the Dragons than the Gold Coast Titans."

If you're a Dragons supporter how pumped are you about Cooper Cronk signing with your team?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If that is true, that changes the inference of the situation totally. It no longer looks like a scenario where Coops wants to leave and go home to Queensland to be near family, now it looks more like he just wants to leave :(
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we had our doubts about fitting him into the Titans salary cap, then how the lima lima lima duck is he supposed to fit the Dragons?

Maybe these clubs are counting way too heavily on a yet-to-be approved $5m cap following a yet-to-be negotiated and signed tv rights deal??

Calling Mr. Schubert..............................

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

when is this deadline?

matty johns and the rest of the media is milking this and im over it!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's a story in the RLW that was released today that the NRL have launched a formal investigation into the Tits approach to Cronk and are also asking every club that's bid for him how much they offered and the specifics of each deal. As for looking at the Queens facilities, while he's more than entitled to do so and look at every possible avenue for his future i'm glad there's been an official deadline put on answer. As has always been the case at the Storm, no one player is bigger than the club and this has to be sorted ASAP so we can move on one way or another. It's getting beyond a joke now.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

First Brisbane, then South Sydney Storm, then the Gold Coast Titanic and now St. Merge. What is going on??????? Coops if this is the case, you are not homesick. I never imagined saying this, but follow the words of Molly Meldrum - do yourself and the club a favour and bugger off, stop distracting the club's season. The Storm have a better chance at a premiership than last year and you are threatening that chance by you selfish behaviour. We've got excellent backup in Kelly, Kostjasyn or Hampton as your replacements if you are going to be greedy. Why is it only halfbacks that seem to fall into this trap of chasing the dollars and letting their decisions stall for months (like Noddy and Ox)????
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This is hisFUTURE after all....as hard as it is for us fans to wait (and wait, and wait) it is a big decision for him & his family. The club has given him a deadline & the waiting can't be for much longer. How hard a decision would it be to leave everything you've known for so long (& all those other things you guys have said, Cam, Billy, GF opportunities etc) - its more than just the money offers that will be on his mind.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper Cronk has requested of Melbourne Storm a media conference tomorrow Thursday 29 March at 10.30am sharp.

No other comments will be made by Cooper or the club prior to that time.