99 Grand Final - Fox Sports 2 11.30am

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Foxsports are shwing every grand final, from 98 till 03 starting at 10am this morning.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Got the capture card ready! Then a bit of editing and voila - '99 Grand Final on DVD wooohoooo :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
betweenthelies
Squall
Squall

jellyhead wrote:Got the capture card ready! Then a bit of editing and voila - '99 Grand Final on DVD wooohoooo :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
any chance of buying a copy off ya chief? they dont have them on dvd in the stores yet, still vhs
Dance and laugh and play. ignore the message we convey.
It seems we’re only here to entertain.
cougar
Squall
Squall

how good was it reliving the saints misery???

And how young did some of the guys look - it was only 5 years ago!
woori_boy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

After reading this post and not having Foxsport, I thought why miss out, so i dusted off my vhs copy of the final, and me and the family sat and watched it. After a quick vote, it was decided to only watch the second half, :D it brings back so many great memories. Yes Cougar we made the same comment about how young some of the players looked back then. And i thought it amazing how quickly the commentary of the game came back to me, alot of it came back word for word.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tawera Nikau = Deserved CC Medallist.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i loved watching the big fellas doing cartwheels... :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fox wouldn't have shown any pregame stuff or postgame celebrations though would they. Last time they replayed a heap of Grand Finals, they only showed cut-down versions of them, and as soon as the final hooter went, the Fox logo came up and that was it! :evil:
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

...oh i wasnt really talking about the replay just in general i loved watching them.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote:Fox wouldn't have shown any pregame stuff or postgame celebrations though would they. Last time they replayed a heap of Grand Finals, they only showed cut-down versions of them, and as soon as the final hooter went, the Fox logo came up and that was it! :evil:
Yep Insomniac you're right - that's all it was. But hey Ch9 didn't give us much more than that with tonight's GF - CC medal then that was it!
betweenthelies
Squall
Squall

jellyhead wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Fox wouldn't have shown any pregame stuff or postgame celebrations though would they. Last time they replayed a heap of Grand Finals, they only showed cut-down versions of them, and as soon as the final hooter went, the Fox logo came up and that was it! :evil:
Yep Insomniac you're right - that's all it was. But hey Ch9 didn't give us much more than that with tonight's GF - CC medal then that was it!
yeh at least we got that extra 15 mins of presentations unlike last year, we werent supposed to but i guess kerry wanted us to have it
Dance and laugh and play. ignore the message we convey.
It seems we’re only here to entertain.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I got the distinct impression that C.Nein Melbourne didn't actually know when to break the broadcast. It was only after they came back from the break, saw the presentations and looked for the best exit time - hence after Freddy gave his farewell speach and before the dogs did theirs.
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I saw the end of the presentations on fox last night and after giving the trophy to the bulldaogs and they were lining up for the photo's the comonators said we have to say good by to Melboune now but we had already gone about 5 mins earlier.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's going to be a long off season so I was looking through some of the old threads. Shockingly there was no official 1999 grand final thread. :lol: I was only three when this final played out and I only found out I was at the game with my parents when they told me when I was about 10 and had been supporting the Storm for three years already!

I grew up in a rugby league household so I knew an outrageous amount about this team at such a young age. I remember writing down who I thought deserved to play on the weekend on pad paper in my year 4 class.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great memories.
Bought tickets as soon as they went on sale, not in the expectation of seeing my team, but then they made it. Never forget, a very pi$$ed, and after we'd won, a very emotional Mark Geyer in the row in front of us, yes in the stands with the general public.
Even went to the after match function high in the stands at Homebush, for the life of me I can't remember who the two players were who graced us with their (fleeting) presence.
Seemed like a cavalcade of Storm fans heading back down the Hume the next day.