channel 9, are they for real?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so we can't have storm games live into melbourne, but, manly vs warriors is a go in rd 1? what a joke!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Weirdest thing I have seen for a while on TV.

Goes to show that the executives running TV channels have NFI about programming or understanding of what the viewing audience actually wants.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They know very well a game not involving the Storm won't rate well so when they don't show our games during the year their excuse will be "it doesn't rate well" and use this game as their justification. Scumbags they are.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

don't worry this will their last year.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we can only hope
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez i hope you're right but if they do get it at the very least make them have to play it live or near live on one of their channels just as the AFL did, if they don't want to do that then give it to someone who will. Surely the new IC will make that one of the stipulations.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If the IC are fair dinkum about how important they see Storm and the Melbourne market for the future of the NRL....then they MUST insist that any future TV rights holder shows Melbourne Storm games (and NRL games in general) in a more reasonable time slot
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just don't let david 'don't boo me' gallop anywhere near it, he views such a stipulation as a waste of time and unrealistic
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

channel nine prefer showing boring movies and old re-runs of 70s shows on GO! and GEM instead of showing live Storm games into Melbourne.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And they can't even give the Storm scores on the news tonight
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

They did it for one of maybe three reasons. The first is that they legitimately want to do right by rugby league fans outside of NSW and Queensland - while also making sure they have a good lead in for the cricket. Very, very unlikely. Second, they scheduled it late with no warning or promotion so they can say that rugby league doesn't have an audience outside of NSW and Queensland. Third, they're feeling the pressure at the negotiation table and are trying to impress the NRL so they can retain the rights.

It doesn't even matter. Too little too late. Nein are done and we'll be watching free-to-air NRL on Ten and/or One next year. Bet on it.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I was waiting for the replay of the Storm game to watch and noticed on the EPG that the NRL was on live before the cricket so to avoid finding out the result of the Storm game I watched the entire Warriors vs Seagulls game with the sound off. Somehow I managed to make it to 10pm tonight when I got to finally watch the Storm game "live". Typically bullshit by the Nein Network, so far they've shown two Manly games live in 2012.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's a joke isn't it?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Funny how last year GTV Nein said that they couldn't show Storm games on GEM as it wasn't fitting with the target audience of that channel.

Yet in the last 12 months GEM has been used to televise live Union test matches, cricket when the news is on Nein's main channel, and the World Club Challenge.

Looks like they'll have to find a new excuse in 2012.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

When Nein first launched GEM they said that they would still use it to air sport in HD. They didn't even deliver on that for people in NSW and Queensland.