Random article by stupid person from NSW

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/b ... 1u7om.html

One of the worst I have ever read, how do people become journalists.

Dugan to assume Slater's mantle

Not since this time last year have I been so excited about an upcoming season and what better way to start it than by snatching two competition points against southern rivals Melbourne?

The Melbourne Storm is nearly everyone’s favourite opponent. Aside from having some of the biggest names in rugby league, they have also proven themselves to be the most innovative club of the last decade, creating over a dozen new tackling techniques – two of which are still legal. It is this kind of creativity that has the Storm touted as one of the premiership favourites for 2012.

Despite all this, the word from inside the Storm camp is that players are beginning to doubt their ability to go all the way. Consider this: the Storm has featured in four grand-finals over the last six years but haven’t won a premiership since 1999.

Compounding the Storm’s problems is the fact the Raiders have won two of the last three clashes between the clubs. Few fans will forget Raiders winger Blake Ferguson pulling off one of the plays of the 2011 season with a chip and chase to score the winning try during Round 10. It was one of only two home defeats for the Storm and once again showed Ferguson’s knack for judging when to take risks.

The Raiders won’t be thinking about the Storm’s problems in the lead-up to Saturday evening. They will be enjoying the return of Terry Campese after an injury-plagued 2011 season. We may have lost Alan Tongue but there is no less love for the club from the new captain.

Campo may not have contributed much in his eight minutes last year but he was still able to produce more positives in that time than marquee-signing Matt Orford. Orford demonstrated against the Gold Coast in Round Four why he has the nickname ‘Ox’ by knocking on the ball at the base of a scrum the way only someone with hoofs for hands could. Fortunately, Raiders management sent the ex-Manly half out to pasture, after the rise of Josh McCrone and Sam Williams showed there is plenty of ability in the Canberra stock.

But even Campo’s return has been overshadowed by the re-signing of Raiders superstar Josh Dugan. Dugan’s commitment to the club sent fans into raptures and it means we have the best fullback in the world locked in until the end of 2014.

The previous best fullback in the world, Billy Slater, will get an opportunity to personally hand over his crown on Saturday. Slater will no doubt look to learn all he can from watching Dugan up close, in a bid to extend his time in the NRL a few more years.

In related news, Melbourne captain, Cameron Smith, said he was glad ex-Storm player, Greg Inglis, had recovered from an ankle injury suffered while whilst flexing a bicep during the Indigenous All-Stars match. Smith wished Inglis all the best, adding that even though Inglis was now lining up for South Sydney, the two maintained the tight bond formed over the many years they received illegal third-party payments together.

Melbourne always brings at least half a dozen ragged supporters to each match, so make sure you get down to Canberra Stadium on Saturday evening to support your team and watch the Raiders kick off the season in style.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'll believe it when I see it when Dugan becomes the next Billy Slater. As for bagging us for our tackling techniques, has any other club ever done a chicken-wing, grapple, crusher tackle??? Ever?????

So what if we won only one legal premiership. Maybe the league should invent a time machine and alter the history of the 2006-10 seasons, because until they do, the Storm still made an appearance in those four grand finals.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Whoever wrote this is a s**t writer (agree with you M - how do they actually get the job?). Its half serious (and parochial which he/she is entitled to be) & half tongue-in-cheek. Either one or the other mate if you want to make a living at this. If its an attempt at being incendiary its a big fail....tired repeats of crap that's all been heard before - after the umpteenth dozen time it is just tedious. Doesn't stir the defenses at all.

P.S. Advice to writer: Don't give up your second job cleaning the Canberra Times offices in the evening - may well be your primary source of income in years to come
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That would have to be the MOST STUUUUUUUUPIDIST thing I have ever read.

Storm actually won 2 premierships in that time you stupid friggin bozo.

I watched them..so did everyone else. Doesn't matter what Gallop or the record books think happened.

Plus how would you know ANYTHING from inside the Storm camp ???

I am poorer as a human being from reading that article.

It is also 5 minutes of my life wasted...that I CAN NEVER GET BACK
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

More importantly...I hope that article is pasted on the Storm change room walls for all the boys to read before the game.

I am sure that the ACT BOOGERS will then be hunting down the writer of that article at about 7.30 tonite after they have been smashed by a fired up Melbourne Storm
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i found it amusing! it reminded me of a laurie daley article really. not even the die hard raiders fans think dugan is better than slater.

how come there was no comment about last time they played storm held them scoreless at home for the first time in years?
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can't believe I've missed 5 minutes of the Bolts game to read that rubbish. Must have been written by Gillard's speech writer!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Must be lonely up there on that pedastal.

Not a huge fan of Orford either but, still a dally m, wcc and premiership winner, how many of those has campese achieved?

Ferguson is very hot and cold, I'm sure there would have been games he cost them too last year.

Didn't we hold them scoreless for the first time in their history at home last time? How convenient that was omitted...

That's my response to this crap!

Btw, Weren't the Raiders well over the salary cap in 1989 and 1990 and let off because it was new?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Been out all day at Indented Heads and JUST now seen the final score 8)

O - The article ? Didn't read it - not worth the effort :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the comedian ommitted that raiders lost 13 games in a row to STORM before they won last years game.
BILLY to look and learn what from dugan? BILLY got the WINNING try for Storm rising over 3 raiders players.
He forgot to mention that STORM have signed up more members than the raiders..
Must be sad to follow the hapless raiders.just wannabes who promise so much but DELIVER SO LITTLE
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

it's not easy being GREEN :tongue2:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OH YEAH.....FOR SURE.

Dugan is every bit better than Billy.

That's why Billy won the game for Storm and why Dugan knocked the ball on with 2 minutes to go.

Dugan will be good....but he ain't worthy of licking Billy's boots clean at the moment.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm Spirit I would let him lick one of Billy`s boots and headbutt hayne can lick the other one. :lol:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is him. Tom Gibson, he's allegedly a 'comedian'

http://comedyact.com.au/comedy-club-at- ... son-111111
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:This is him. Tom Gibson, he's allegedly a 'comedian'

http://comedyact.com.au/comedy-club-at- ... son-111111
Yep real funny