Storm to come 6th in 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
PuntPal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Predicted Finish – 6th
(Max 1st – Min 9th)

The Storm shocked me twice in 2011! Firstly they shocked me by coming out and playing so brilliantly for most of the season. Then they shocked me by bowing out of the season in such a pitiful way. There was no doubt their late-season charge was adversely affected by injuries to Cronk and Widdup, but they have to be able to cope with injuries.

Their squad is much the same in 2012 and there is no doubt they will be competitive again. However I think the loss of Adam Blair will be significant and some of their forwards are getting old (such as Bryan Norrie). They lack depth and if an injury to Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk or Bill Slater occurred, they would really struggle to make the 8.

The player that I think showed the most improvement in 2011 was Jesse Bromwich. Bromwich was a star in his Toyota Cup days and the big man really stepped up to the plate when the Storm suffered some injuries up front. I think he will feature prominently in their 2012 campaign and become their key forward. The Storm also welcome back Ryan Hoffman, who only a few short years ago was one of the best back rowers in the game. He had the ability to hit a gap the same way Ben Creagh does and I think he will add some much needed firepower to the Storm forward pack.

Another player returning to the NRL is Will Chambers. After a lacklustre stint in the Super “13, 14 no 15, ohstuff it, Rugby”, the classy outside back has come back from the dark side and rejoined the club that first gave him a break.
I also liked what I saw from the likes of Matt Duffie and Sisa Waqa. These guys performed well when called into the top grade and Duffie was one of the NRL best finishers of 2011. You could do worse than back Duffie for top try scorer, but this is not a formal bet recommendation.

But I think the Storm will find it hard to replicate the success they have shown around the ruck since Bellamy’s reign. The Storm are masters at slowing their opponents down with all kinds of martial arts and wresting manoeuvres! But the NRL is not the UFC, and I expect the referees to crack down on this grubby aspect of our wonderful game. No one comes to the footy to watch Sika Manu drive his knees into the opponent’s calves and I think this aspect of the game will be slowly rubbed out in 2012. We need faster play the balls and less niggle in the ruck. Maybe then we can get back to the entertaining style of footy played by teams like Wests and the Cowboys.

But from a punting perspective, we will have to closely watch the speed of the play the ball. Some referees are better than others at making the game more free-flowing and expect my tipping on Storm games to be heavily influenced by the weather, the referee and the way the ruck is being ruled upon by the powers that be.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

what clown wrote this? sounds like daley, and he still has no idea!
cant predict the ladder, cant coach, cant commentate and certainly cant select a good origin side!!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

After I read this garbage I decided to google the name Punt Pal and it came up as a website - "is simply an experienced punter & NRL Analyst" ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

PuntPal wrote:But I think the Storm will find it hard to replicate the success they have shown around the ruck since Bellamy’s reign. The Storm are masters at slowing their opponents down with all kinds of martial arts and wresting manoeuvres! But the NRL is not the UFC, and I expect the referees to crack down on this grubby aspect of our wonderful game. No one comes to the footy to watch Sika Manu drive his knees into the opponent’s calves and I think this aspect of the game will be slowly rubbed out in 2012. We need faster play the balls and less niggle in the ruck. Maybe then we can get back to the entertaining style of footy played by teams like Wests and the Cowboys.
::)
staticash
Squall
Squall

That article really pissed me off whoever wrote that has been added to my " wankers I would like to punch list " some people are so f'ing blind. I am really pumped up for the stormies now 2012 premiership here we come!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's face it; a prediction for 6th isn't as stupid as a prediction of 11th. Lol@Lozza!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

just some common questions for you puntpal. Who are you and what are you doing here? Knob

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Entitled to his opinion but lost me at Hoffman adding much needed power to the forward pack

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

lost me at 6th!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

my stomach hurts cos I laughed so much reading this article.I would like to read what he says about the other teams.Is there anywhere that I can find what he wrote.
to me it soulnds like wishful thinking that we fail.
what does he say about the issac lukes cannonball tackle?.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormy wrote:my stomach hurts cos I laughed so much reading this article.I would like to read what he says about the other teams.Is there anywhere that I can find what he wrote.
to me it soulnds like wishful thinking that we fail.
what does he say about the issac lukes cannonball tackle?.

Just google Punt Pal it will come up - couldn't be bothered reading anymore of his rubbish sorry
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

PuntPal wrote:Predicted Finish – 6th
They lack depth and if an injury to Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk or Bill Slater occurred, they would really struggle to make the 8.
While i know i could've quoted much much more it that pile of uninformed drivel i settled on this one. We hear this old chestnut every single year (and i'm sure it's not the last time we hear it) and these dickheads try make out as if we're the only ones that will suffer if we lose a key player, heard of JT, Benji, Hayne, Gidley etc etc etc? Take any one key player out of any team and they won't be as strong, fact.

Anyway, once again the these fools come out the same time every season death riding the Storm and far more often than not Supercoach and the boys prove them dismally wrong and show them to be the abject failtards they really are. That said it never gets old when we do :lol:
PuntPal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

AnonymousLulzsec@gmail.com

You Post on the Bai stand again you little c*nt and I'll find you and f*ck you up. 1 more post and I'll shut your G*y little site down. The nerve of you coming on my site and spouting your "we should play like the Tigers bullshit." Keep smelling your own farts you Homosexual Sydney C*nt.

If the administrator of this site didnt send this to me, then you better find out who did, as I have reported it to the police and they take threats like this seriously.

It is in your interest to find out who sent it and provide the police with their details.

It is not hard to find someone's ISP address. You dont threaten to 'f*ck someone up' and get away with it.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:-s
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

PuntPal wrote:AnonymousLulzsec@gmail.com

You Post on the Bai stand again you little c*nt and I'll find you and f*ck you up. 1 more post and I'll shut your G*y little site down. The nerve of you coming on my site and spouting your "we should play like the Tigers bullshit." Keep smelling your own farts you Homosexual Sydney C*nt.

If the administrator of this site didnt send this to me, then you better find out who did, as I have reported it to the police and they take threats like this seriously.

It is in your interest to find out who sent it and provide the police with their details.

It is not hard to find someone's ISP address. You dont threaten to 'f*ck someone up' and get away with it.

I've looked for this user & it seems they have deleted their account. I'll ask the big boss if he can find out for you.
I will say that the Bai Stand does not condone abuse or threats to anyone who posts in here.