hostplus coming back to sponsor again....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super support for Storm coaches
25/01/2012 3:06:41 PM
HOSTPLUS have continued their support of Australian sport by today announcing a two year deal with Melbourne Storm’s NRL coaching staff, which sees the superannuation giant return to the club’s sponsor family.

Storm Head Coach, Craig Bellamy, and his coaching staff will sport the HOSTPLUS logo on the collar of their media polos and training jackets, along with one of television’s favourite game day focus points, the Melbourne Storm coaches’ box.

The partnership announcement is not only a continuation of HOSTPLUS’ leadership strategy in aligning with the sports industry’s leading coaches and brands, it is a testament to the health of Melbourne Storm and the strong internal culture that has prevailed.

HOSTPLUS identified Bellamy’s leadership as the cornerstone to the deal, highlighting his relentless pursuit of improvement and dedication to perfection, as reasons why they are back in his coaches’ corner.

David Elia, Chief Executive Officer of HOSTPLUS, stated, “It is with great pleasure that we announce HOSTPLUS as coach sponsor of Melbourne Storm.

“It goes without saying that Craig is amongst the best coaches in Australia; his consistent delivery of quality performance creates great brand synergies with HOSTPLUS.

“Therefore I am confident the agreement will deliver much benefit to our existing members through significant brand opportunities and more broadly through support of the sporting industry and related sectors who we serve.”

Commenting on the announcement, Bellamy added, “It’s great to have HOSTPLUS back sponsoring the club.”

“HOSTPLUS have a long history with Melbourne Storm and have been wonderful supporters of the club.”

Melbourne Storm CEO, Ron Gauci, is delighted to have HOSTPLUS return to the club.

“We are thrilled that, after thorough diligence and assessment, HOSTPLUS has given Melbourne Storm this endorsement by partnering with the club once more.

“We are two exciting brands back working together again,” Gauci said.

what's everyone's thoughts on this?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wasn't expecting this, didn't they stop their sponsorship of the Storm just after the salary cap scandal?

Anyway, it's good to have them back as a sponsor of the Melbourne Storm.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck the *lima lima lima duck* I say.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

.....are we supposed to be grateful to the weak mother lima lima lima duck

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote:*lima lima lima duck* the *lima lima lima duck* I say.

i was thinking something similar to this!

they leave when things get tough, then come back when everything is rosie again. the club should have turned their backs on them this time IMO
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Totally agree with Michael....weak as pi$$ by Hostplus

Bail when the Club needed EVERYONE to stick tight around them and then come crawling back when with their half arsed platitudes and media speak when they perceive that Storm is about to erupt and take hold of the National sporting landscape again.

Hostplus and ME Bank can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

HOSTPLUS identified Bellamy’s leadership as the cornerstone to the deal, highlighting his relentless pursuit of improvement and dedication to perfection, as reasons why they are back in his coaches’ corner.
Such a shame that they didn't 'identify' with those qualities in Craig or see fit to support him in 2010.
I wonder which bean counting bandwagon jumper will crawl out from under their rock next :evil:
25/01/2012 3:06:41 PM
David Elia, Chief Executive Officer of HOSTPLUS, stated, “It is with great pleasure that we announce HOSTPLUS as coach sponsor of Melbourne Storm."
The Australian April 23, 2010 2:15PM
The two major sponsors' names were removed from the Melbourne Storm website within minutes of the decision by Host Plus CEO David Elia to scrap the three-year agreement with immediate effect.

ME Bank also joined sports fashion company Skins today in saying it was ending its sponsorship of the team.

Mr Elia described the relationship as untenable.
Marvelous bit of bean counter spin there David ::)

We don't forget - We don't forgive
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck host plus they are a boring as shit company

crown, suzuki, makita and jayco are all we need
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

If we're ever going to break away from News Ltd, the Storm need every single sponsorship dollar on offer. HostPlus and ME Bank, as financial organisations, had no option but to stop their sponsorship when the salary cap scandal broke - how would it look for a financial organisation to continue sponsoring a club that was being investigated for fraud. It was a business decision at the time, I for one welcome back HostPlus.

If you want to have a dig at anyone, how about Wally, he got us into that shit which resulted in a lot more than a few sponsors leaving. Let'sot lose sight of that.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm Spirit wrote:Totally agree with Michael....weak as pi$$ by Hostplus

Bail when the Club needed EVERYONE to stick tight around them and then come crawling back when with their half arsed platitudes and media speak when they perceive that Storm is about to erupt and take hold of the National sporting landscape again.

Hostplus and ME Bank can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.
Totally agree. lima lima lima duck 'em!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with waveydavey while im not happy they are back we also need eery doller to make the break away from NewsLTD plus if you went to the storm ball for the past two years they club had Reps from Host Plus sitting at Bellamys table so i really dont think they ever went away they just didnt have money in the club....i remember at the storm ball last year when gouci open the ball he thanked the sponsors and gave a speical mentian to host plus and jayco
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

There's no mention of how much money the sponsership is worth. I'd love to know.

However as much as I hate what they did to us in 2010, we aren't in a position to be knocking this back if we want to be a stand alone club in 6 years time.

Lets hope HostPlus doubles their money in 2 years time, then I might forgive them (a bit).
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm with davey and sally. We need all the sponsorship dollars possible to be a viable club without News. I don't think HP "abandoned" the Storm; they are a financial institution whose name was unwittingly implicated with the *lima lima lima duck* who lima lima lima duck the fans, the game of rugby league and the sponsors. It would have been wrong for HP as a FINANCIAL institution to continue at the time. They are now back as a testament to Craig Bellamy's leadership; the current Dally M coach of the year, number one in his profession...the same thing Super Funds/financial institutions strive for in their profession. Fair play to them.

Now we just need a back of jersey sponsor.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Never saw a 'financial institution' that wasn't even more lying - underhanded & bent than Wally ever was.

You want to kiss their ass - fine ::)

Count me out
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael Vick killed puppies and they let him play again.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image