Storm vs Dragons 2000

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sitting here watching a DVD of the game between us and the dragons at the 'G in 2000 (the one we won 70-10) and laughing really hard as the commentators are discussing whether Mundine 'will learn a lesson about making big statements'. It's a pity we 'didn't deserve to win' the one before that, imagine what a good team might have done to them lol. Wet night too, could've gotten the ton in dry weather I reckon. Just saw the mouth getting up by digging his knee into Moule's head, dirty player.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gawd that was an awesome night, sitting in the pouring rain and enjoying every moment of that game.

Mundine copped heaps and deservedly so by Storm fans. But that never taught him any lessons in life.

He has foot in mouth disease ;D
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

As much as I enjoyed that night his dropping the ball over the line in the GF final, which if scored would have killed us off was the sweetest moment involving Mundine.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that was good. thought occurs that he could have solved his ball handling issues by carrying the ball in his mouth (though he does open it too often for it to be safe i suppose)
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I never get tired of watching that game,Nathan Brown's reactions were priceless,and Mundine..well any other man with a tad of intelligence would have learned a thing or 2 in regards to shooting off at the lip,but the moron is totally brain dead,and that is before he started boxing,his head is just filled with Mundine Mush now.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mundine, outside of Andrew Johns, is the most overrated player to lace up a boot. Where can I get a copy of that game by the way?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was so proud of us Storm supporters that night at the "G" for booing mundane every time he got near the ball. We really gave it to him.It was a great night for us supporters that night with the unfurling of the Premiership flag,the fireworks before the game was awesome.I would love a copy of that game too so where can we get it from?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Mundine, outside of Andrew Johns, is the most overrated player to lace up a boot. Where can I get a copy of that game by the way?

come on now, thats just stupid!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I`ve still got a copy on video ( I know....old technology ::) ) but I`d would love to get a DVD version somewhere. Totally awesome game to be at, giving it to Mundine and co constantly and watching them trying to find someplace to hide :-D The funniest part of being at that game was the next day we where getting carpet laid and when the guy turned up he looked a bit flat. When he walked into the house he saw my Storm jersey and asked me if I had been to the game the night before. Turns out he was a St George fan who`d been at the game and he was still shell shocked. He couldn`t finish fast enough to get out of the house :lol:
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody, you can buy a copy of the DVD from Rugby League Films. Their link is on the Melbourne Storm page. The icon titled six of the best, just click on more. I purchased it in the middle of last year. I have watched just a couple of times since!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, that's where I got my copy, they also have the 2000 WCC game vs St Helens which is what I went looking for in the 1st place
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

@storming; its a matter of opinion. Johns stole his entire repotoire from Allan Langer.

Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks glennb I`ll check that out. Cheers
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have a DVD of the game,you can buy it at rugby fever,I think they are about $30.00 but if any body wants a copy I will do one for you and post them out if you want to PM me :)
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I did try to edit that post but it wouldn't ley me..I have a limit of copies I will do which is 5 so if you want one let me know along with all your details