Membership Packages

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Everyone was complaining in the queue about the memberships, the line was all the way back to the traffic lights outside the ground. There were no signs to show where to pick them up and no one knew where to go. Lift your game Melbourne Storm.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

everyone was lined up outside match day office window number 31 and 32 then some prick from ticketek was telling us all to go to the office next door, this is after we waited 10 minutes in line. some clear communication would be nice or just lima lima lima duck mail the damn things to members!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here's a copy of an email I received today:

Apology to Melbourne Storm Members 

Dear

On behalf of Melbourne Storm, I am writing to formally apologise for any inconvenience caused on the weekend for our members who had to line up to pick up their membership tickets and cards.

Our priority was to get members in to the stadium for the start of the game which resulted in some members not receiving their allocated seating.

Unfortunately we were under prepared for the number of members that were picking up items on the day, however you can be reassured that we are working to address these issues to ensure that we do not have a repeat of this in the future.

I believe that you were affected by this on the weekend and, in order to prevent this happening again, we are committed to undertaking the following actions:

• Increasing the number of staff organising member pickups
• Working with our ticketing partners to create a quicker and more efficient process
• Implementing a new queuing system to deal with members as quick as possible
• Calling the members that we know have been affected to ensure they are clear how they will receive their membership cards for the next home game against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday 25 March at 2pm
• Setting up a contact form for members to complete if their membership cards have not arrived by Wednesday 21 March.

We are confident your membership kit and card will reach you prior to Wednesday 21 March as our records show that it has been dispatched and many of the members with a similar dispatch date have already received their packs.

If you have not received your membership card by Wednesday 21 March, the fastest way for us to address the issue is to use the below contact form to let us know or call the Membership Department on (03) 8412 4920 between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.

Click here to log your membership

I would like to thank all members for their patience and understanding on the weekend and I can reassure you that we will provide better service in the future.

Thank you too for your tremendous support on Sunday at the game. I look forward to seeing you at the Sydney Roosters game on Sunday, March 25.

Go Storm!

Ron Gauci
CEO

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

And here's a copy of the reply I sent:

Dear Ron,
Please allow me to express my bitter dissapointment at the club's handling of 2012 memberships. Right up until last Friday I had every confidence that my membership would arrive by the first home game (2 months after I re-signed for it). But it didn't. We had traveled to Portland for the weekend and had every intention of passing by AAMI Park early to collect tickets. But due to circumstances beyond our control we did not have time to do so. I even organized a mate (who was also queing for his membership) to collect mine. However, the staff would not give them to him without my ID.
By this stage I would've got to the venue with about 5mins to spare, and therefore would've missed much of the first half queing for a ticket which should already have been in my possession.
I then had to make the gut-wrenching decision to miss the atmosphere my team creates, and watch the game on tv. I have missed very few home games since 1998. I never thought I'd be forced to do so by the club I love so much.
I have no intention of dwelling on what happened. The team have been tremendous on and off the field and deserve my absolute support despite any obstacles I've had to encounter.

I do hope that this never happens again to a Storm member. 
I cannot understand why interim tickets cannot be downloaded and printed from a home computer, Ticketek do this for all their other tickets. 
I cannot understand why interim tickets cannot be collected from the club HQ during the week leading up to home games, rather than everyone being forced to que up on game day. (Even if I couldve got there at 4:30pm this would've been a VERY long day for my 5yo daughter considering a 7pm kickoff.)
I cannot understand how a large crowd was not anticipated considering it was the first home game, there were so many unticketed members, the same thing took place last year, and in 2010.

Please respect the Melbourne Storm members. We've grown as a 'secret purple society' over the past 15 years in Melbourne, been shunned by the media, television and radio broadcasters, endured all kinds of insult from Sydney media, the governing body and when attending interstate games. We do not need to be ill-treated by our own club as well.

Thankyou and GO STORM!!

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I didn't get an email :(

Seriously though, those issues should have been addressed BEFORE the feckin game!! :twisted:
This administration have been around for a while & should have their act together by now!!
It would NEVER have happened this bad on Reebs' watch ;)
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Isn't it ironic that my wife rang me as I was typing the above email to inform me my membership has arrived in the mail today.

My daughter's has not yet.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Go Storm wrote:Isn't it ironic that my wife rang me as I was typing the above email to inform me my membership has arrived in the mail today.

My daughter's has not yet.

They knew you were on to them Go Storm ;D
roberttuz

received my membership package today as well.

Great effort Storm ::)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well.....credit where credit is due.

Our membership renewal couldn't have gone smoother.

New seats added into our membership and we kept our existing seats with new seats added to the side (Kylie was GREAT) and kits arrived well before the first game. We got our caps easily before kick off on sunday.

All in all it was good experience.

So ..the Club and membership department is doing something right to have got our membership sorted out so perfectly !

There is a flip side to every story.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Storm Spirit wrote:Well.....credit where credit is due.

New seats added into our membership and we kept our existing seats with new seats added to the side (Kylie was GREAT) and kits arrived well before the first game. We got our caps easily before kick off on sunday.

So ..the Club and membership department is doing something right to have got our membership sorted out so perfectly !

SS I really do think it's great that your membership went off without a hitch and yay for that BUT, my point is that ALL members who paid up to the past three or four weeks (of which I was one, cards came but not other stuff & that's fine with me for now) should have ALL been ready to go by the first home game. Trust me it's not that bloody hard to put processes in place with Ticketek & MOPT but it's the damn outsourcing (to save money ::) ) that really stuffs things up.
The club know the drill and should have had contingencies in place well before Sunday. The fact that there are some members who paid up BEFORE xmas who have not received cards is just plain wrong when others (like myself) were able to walk straight into the ground.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our family was lucky enough to get our memberships posted to us a couple of days before Christmas as promised if you signed up by third week of November. I can't believe that people who purchased memberships before Xmas did not have their membership packages before Sunday.

This is the same problem that has occurred in prior years but in prior years memberships didn't go on sale until end of Jan or Feb. Memberships went on sale the day after last year's Grand Final so there should have been none of those issues this year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:Well.....credit where credit is due.

SS I really do think it's great that your membership went off without a hitch and yay for that BUT, my point is that ALL members who paid up to the past three or four weeks (of which I was one, cards came but not other stuff & that's fine with me for now) should have ALL been ready to go by the first home game. Trust me it's not that bloody hard to put processes in place with Ticketek & MOPT but it's the damn outsourcing (to save money ::) ) that really stuffs things up.
The club know the drill and should have had contingencies in place well before Sunday. The fact that there are some members who paid up BEFORE xmas who have not received cards is just plain wrong when others (like myself) were able to walk straight into the ground.

Yep...I was one of the lucky ones and I would have been annoyed if things hadn't gone well.

I can understand the argument that NO member should have experienced a stuff up and that the Club should have made better contingency plans.

You would have to think that Membership stuffs up are not the sole domain of Storm however.

I've heard of plenty of people on AFL chat rooms who were very pissed off about their memberships being handled poorly by their respective clubs.

Doesn't make it right...but where humans are involved in the process, there will always be some glitches.

Let's hope that all Storm members still waiting for their kits get some satisfaction from the Club from this point onwards.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

while your all going on about your storm membership im still having trouble with my rebels one
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I went to pick up my hat before the Toyota Cup started and the line for people picking up cards or tickets was out the door, up along the windows and wrapped around almost to the bottom of the stairs. I almost felt bad walking up to the empty hat collection table and getting things sorted in about two seconds.

I bet next year they go back to doing things completely in-house.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote:I bet next year they go back to doing things completely in-house.
Damn! I nearly got hit by a low flying pig!! ;D