Qld Cup 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=ar ... s-&-losses

EASTS TIGERS

Gains: Liam McDonald (Burleigh Bears), Rhys Cooke (Redcliffe Dolphins), Michael Spence (Coffs Harbour), Wiremu Ratana (Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles), Grant Giess (Brighton), Kingi Akauola (Tweed Heads Seagulls), Cody Walker (Windsor), Liam Tyson (Wests Panthers), Maa Ruua (Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles), Corey Thompson (Souths Logan), Malcolm Webster (North Sydney Bears).

Losses: Liam Campbell (France), Mark Offerdahl (France), James Stosic (Retired), Junior Ahio (Released), Rhys Jacks (Redcliffe Dolphins), Anthony Boyd (Gladstone), Luke Archer (Souths Logan), Ben Arnold (Sunshine Coast), Matt Minto (Mackay Cutters).
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We'll see the younger players here next year I reckon. In particular Harris, Griffin & Bromwich.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers beat Ipswich Jets yesterday 15 - 14. Luke Kelly kicked a field goal.
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Highlights from the Tigers 15-14 win are now up on the website: http://www.thetigers.com.au

Great kick by Kelly and a massive run from Bromwich midway through the highlights package - he and Mitch Garbutt had very strong games.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers play Burleigh Bears in the Channel 9 televised game in Qld tomorrow at 2pm. The Qld Cup is advertised for 4pm Wednesday on Fox Sports 2. Therefore I am assuming it will be this game and we will get to see how our 4 boys: Shea, Luke, Kenny and Mitch play.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

oh nice

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see NSW Cup on my EP Guide but not QLD Cup, are you sure of the time?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:I see NSW Cup on my EP Guide but not QLD Cup, are you sure of the time?
When I made my post it was on EP Guide at 4pm on Wed I had even added it to my planner. It has been replaced by the Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs. At the moment, the Qld Cup is showing at 2am Friday morning but I am concerned if Wed's timeslot has changed that this will too. Perhaps Fox haven't been able to do a deal with Channel None yet.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

missed the first 15 mins and burleigh was up 12-0

tigers started to play well and make huge meters up the middle through garbutt and panapa to score. 12-6

tigers on top for the rest of the half but couldnt score. matt z and panapa were strong

2nd half tigers come out strong again, good metres up the middle again and run away with the win 24-12

kelly controlled the game, a good 40-20 at the start of the 2nd half to get the tigers on a roll.
garbutt is a big unit, never lost metres and went hard.
bromwich was good when he had the ball, but didnt see it much as they seems to favour the left side not the right
moylan was ok, hard to get down but didnt go forward after he slipped the tackles.

storm should sign panapa! played great at lock, great metres, played hard all game and set up a couple of tries.

6 (cody, i think) for the tigers did well with 2 tries, but the tigers need more set plays 10 - 20m out. they dominated imo but could have capitalised with more points.
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

great game from garbbo! does anyone know his stats for the game ( gained metres ect. ) his getting better every week..

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Immortals shalt not throw this pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOrQ0HqhOs
Recently done it all over again
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

whats that got to do with qcup
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nothing whatsoever,i think its quite obvious whats gone on here
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why does everyone just blame Billy for that loss .
Anthony laffranchi stipped the ball..led to nz try
lockyer knocked on over goal line..no try
joel monahan gave away a penalty try.
Billy threw a similar pass which gave Australia THE FIRST TRY to lockyer.
I think it was a combined effort from Aussie team to lose the WC.

So Chez as you can see it wasn`t just our Billy`s fault we lost the wc