Trials 2012

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm and Broncos set to play trial in Tasmania

The Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos are "nearly certain" to play a trial match in Hobart on February 18, according to the Tasmanian Rugby League.

The match, still to be confirmed, would surely be the highlight of the 2011-2012 season which opened last weekend with a Nines tournament won by defending premier, Hobart City over reigning Nines champions Southern Rabbitohs.

The Tigers will arguably be favoured to again take out the four team competition which also features Eastern Shore Thunder and Northern Cowboys.

The opening round of the competition will be played this weekend with the Rabbitohs taking on the Thunder in the early game starting at 3pm followed by the Tigers meeting the Cowboys at 4.30pm.

The Tasmanian Rugby League will be holding an Under 18s 'Gala Day' this Saturday at Glenorchy Oval with a view to conducting an Under 18s league this year.

The TRL is hoping the State team will take the field this season with a decision to be made shortly

http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=41690

im going
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Broncos to play NRL pre-season clash against Melbourne Storm in Hobart

Chris Garry

HOBART will host an important Brisbane Broncos pre-season trial next year as rugby league looks to new expansion markets.
The Broncos will face the Melbourne Storm in Hobart on February 18 in the last trial for the Broncos and will see them run out their strongest team ahead of the NRL season kick-off on March 1.

Tasmania has a state-wide rugby league competition which fields teams such as Hobart Tigers and Northern Suburbs Cowboys

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6186065641
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Season Forecast
10/11/2011 12:27:52 PM
Melbourne Storm has unveiled a preview of their upcoming season, unveiling their preliminary trial details, including games in Brisbane, Albury and Hobart.

The preseason will commence on Saturday 4 February with the annual trial against Brisbane Easts at Langlands Park, Brisbane. This trial will predominantly feature the up and coming and or new talent, taking on the Storm feeder club. The match presents a great opportunity for our Queensland based members to get a glimpse of what to expect down the track.

The next weekend will see more of the stars rolled out, when the Storm bus it over to Albury for a trial against the Raiders at Lavington Sports Ground on Saturday 11 February. This trial has also become an annual event, with both clubs committed to developing the game in Southern NSW.

The last trial will be a huge event, with the Storm heading over the Bass Straight to Tasmania take on the Brisbane Broncos at North Hobart Oval, Hobart, in the final trial of the preseason. This match promises to be an absolute belter on the field, with both teams expected to be very close if not full strength, meanwhile off the field there are some very exciting initiatives to be announced over the next few weeks.

Stay tuned to the Melbourne Storm website for further details.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The next weekend will see more of the stars rolled out, when the Storm bus it over to Albury for a trial against the Raiders at Lavington Sports Ground on Saturday 11 February. This trial has also become an annual event, with both clubs committed to developing the game in Southern NSW.
OK............. So the rat pack is going to this one,(Well four in my car - and maybe a couple from elsewhere ?). Got the tickets today - It's all GA but tix marked 'Grandstand'
Had a booking request in for a cabin in a tourist park nearby for an overnight stay - Email today says "Sorry only taking TWO night bookings for THAT weekend"
:evil: GREEDY Bar stewards :evil:
Elms Court Motel owners NOT so greedy !! Deluxe room for four confirmed ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the tourist park has been doing that to everyone...im pretty sure they have LOST alot of money from ppl attending this game who are only coming up for the night

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmmm....might pack the tent and drive up to Albury. 3 months or so without footy is a considerable amount of time, let's face it! Also, I want the white 15 year jersey they have at Rugby Fever that the lads will wear in the trials...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've got tickets and accommodation booked for both the Albury and Hobart games - Can't wait :-D :-D
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Hmmmm....might pack the tent and drive up to Albury. 3 months or so without footy is a considerable amount of time, let's face it! Also, I want the white 15 year jersey they have at Rugby Fever that the lads will wear in the trials...

I got mine in the mail today. Very clean - the pictures don't really do it justice. Also, it seems to be better quality than the heritage jersey from last year. The only problem is that it's tighter around the waist than the standard purple jersey - but I had that same problem with the heritage, too. That might be on me, though. :wink:
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How much mate? Also, do you need to be. 2012 member to get discount? I've not renewed as my folks buy me a membership for my birthday in Feb...might be sold out by then! :( Did they have many in stock?

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:How much mate? Also, do you need to be. 2012 member to get discount? I've not renewed as my folks buy me a membership for my birthday in Feb...might be sold out by then! :( Did they have many in stock?

I really couldn't say how many they have in stock since I ordered it online. It's supposed to be "limited", although the online store still has practically every size in stock. There should be plenty but I don't know if they'll last until February. They cost $170 before member discount ($166.50 with discount and including $9 postage). If you were to order it online, you could try entering your membership number but I don't know if it would give you the discount since you haven't renewed yet. I don't know how up to date their database is. I don't know how strict they are regarding membership discounts if you go into Rugby Fever in person.

It would make a good collectors item. I'm considering trying to get it signed by the whole team and then framed. Probably better than leaving it hanging in a wardrobe forever.

On a semi-related note, there's going to be a limited edition Cameron Smith All Stars jersey - complete with the Storm logo on the sleeve, purple and white lines on the jersey (each player will have his club's colours incorporated into the jersey) and name and number on the back. If we're talking collectors items, that would be a good one to get signed and framed.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks absentee. The online store says they'll be available at the trial games as well so obviously they'll keep a handful aside so they can flog 'em at Albury and Hobart. Probably get one in Albury if I decide to go...

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm Team to face East tigers this weekend is Exciting....well it is for since its all the guys i follow

1 Denny Solomona
2 Shea Moylan
3 Mahe Fonua
4 Will Chambers
5 Sisa Waqa
6 Maurice Blair
7 Luke Kelly
8 Micheal Greenfield
9 Slade Griffen
10 Sisova Vava
11 Tohu Harris
12 Anthony Quinn
13 Kenny Bromwich
14 Mitch Garbutt
15 Matt Zgrajewski
16 Damian Sironen
17 Krisome Avvaa
18 Leon Panapa
19 Rory Kostjason
20 Matt Mcgahn
21 Young Tonumpia
22 Ryan Pooley

This team is obviously all our up and coming fringe players but serously if i had the money and didnt have to work i so be up there

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im driving through brisbane on saturday on the way to the gold coast. if it was through the day i would be there, but i have an appointment with the all stars game at 7:30. why put it on the same time?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Quinny named in the second row, is that where Bellamy thinks his future lies?
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

For any fans in up Brisbane.. ahead of the trial against Easts, the Storm will be holding an open training session at Langlands Park, Coorparoo this Friday at 5:00pm.

More details can be found the Tigers' website: http://thetigers.com.au/

Should be a big one!