Inglis---souths vs melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis on the right road
Brad Walter

The South Sydney star could shelve plans to return to Melbourne once his contract expires, writes Brad Walter in London.

Ask Greg Inglis why he was so desperate to play for Australia in the Four Nations tournament after undergoing end-of-season knee surgery and he will respond: ''I just like proving people wrong, to be honest.''

Ever since he was forced to leave Melbourne because of the Storm salary cap scandal and reneged on a deal with Brisbane before joining South Sydney, Inglis has had to put up with the jibes, the questions and the criticism.

First there were questions about his motives for signing with Souths, then people said he was overweight. Later they criticised him for being injury prone

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z1cod0EhCv

can i just say this is a good thing....im not sure i want GI to come back
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Ever since he was forced to leave Melbourne ....
:o
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

To be honest I didn't think he would come back anyway. I am more concerned about re-signing Cooper I couldn't stand him going to the bunnies aswell cos it really would be the Sydney Storm
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

coopers already said he wont leave

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well i should say he told everyone at the presentation ball he was happy in melbourne

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why is this even being brought up again? and by that i don't mean you Sally i mean the journos. As mystormboys said i never once thought he'd ever come back, while a few times he intimated he would return it was soon after the the time he left when the wounds were still raw so to speak and lets face it GI is building a decent track record of saying one thing and doing another. Who knows what will happen in the future but if i had to guess i'd bet my left nut that he won't wear a Storm jersey any time soon and that sits ok with me. While im sure there's a few that'll disagree withe me there that's just my take.

Given what we achieved last season and what i anticipate we'll achieve next season it's been well and truly proven there's life in the Storm without GI and there's life for GI without the Storm and both parties have survived. I hated losing him as much as anyone but to put it into perspective does anyone think we would've possibly finished on top and one game from the GF if we lost Bill, Cam or Coops instead of Greg? Not a chance. That said while he had an injury interrupted season i have no doubt he'll get back to his best soon enough and i honestly say good on him if and when he does. If that latter 3 i mentioned go on to play their careers out at the Storm which i'd be very surprised if the didn't i'll be a very content man.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis is a freak but he was too inconsistent. He'd be dynamite one week and a deadset passenger the next and I'm glas we kept Billy over GI. He's perfect for lol@5ouff$ who are nothing but a halfway house for fringe first graders and retirees.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

@sallymay; yes he was in fact forced out of Melbourne. The Storm were given strict instructions by News that GI was the one big player that had to be released. Reckon there's something they know that we don't?

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:Inglis is a freak but he was too inconsistent. He'd be dynamite one week and a deadset passenger the next
He took over Scott Hill's mantle and made it his own. Less absolute brain snaps than Hill, but at least Scott was always trying to get involved - for good or ill.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think to be the player we know he can be, he needs to be moved to fullback. That's his best position and i wouldn't be shocked if he got a bit of a run there against Wales just in case something happens to Boyd and he has to do it in the Four Nations final.
Brian
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Inglis is a freak but he was too inconsistent. He'd be dynamite one week and a deadset passenger the next
He took over Scott Hill's mantle and made it his own. Less absolute brain snaps than Hill, but at least Scott was always trying to get involved - for good or ill.
Scott Hill would have made a great Lock Forward.