David Gallop - Disgusting

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LOL fair enough then!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Daily Telecrap continue their assassination attempts on the evil Storm..

"AS David Gallop left the field at AAMI Park last Sunday, amid a chorus of boos and filthy invective from the fans, Storm chief executive Ron Gauci turned to him and apologised. Profusely.

He was horrified.

Then Gallop picked up The Australian the following morning and read that Gauci had backflipped and taken the side of his rabid supporters.

"I can understand how the supporters feel," Gauci told the national broadsheet.

When Gallop read the comments, he understandably hit the roof and from all reports gave Gauci a 24-carat spray over the phone. As reported in this space last Saturday, Gallop was anticipating a hostile reception when he handed over the JJ Giltinan Shield as reward for the Storm claiming the minor premiership.

For some reason, Gallop and the NRL and everyone else were apparently responsible for reaming the salary cap for four years - not the Melbourne Storm.

Yet the rage was far hotter than anyone foresaw. The magic c-word was sprayed liberally at Gallop. Football operations manager Nathan McGuirk was said to be concerned about his boss's safety.

This situation is starting to look very much like 2008 all over again. The Storm versus the NRL.

Yes, Gallop made a major error of judgment when he dismissed the passion of Storm fans through an analogy about terrorism.

He's used it before. "Passion as an excuse is one of my pet hates," Gallop said in an interview in March. "In rugby league I am often told that someone did something because they are passionate. Well, Osama bin Laden is passionate and that doesn't make (him) right."

By his own admission, it was an airswing and one he won't make again. Regardless, the Storm needs to build a bridge and get over this whole thing very soon. They're starting to resemble Manly."

--------------

Ron Gauci won't be happy to see another example of the NRL leaking info to the news Ltd scum journos. Or did they tap their phones?

Keep it up wankers...just fuels our motivation even more.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Since when does "Gallop's a wanker" start with the letter c? Or is he trying to suggest that amongst a gathering of 15000 Sydney-siders no profanities would be spoken?

I don't doubt Gauci may have "sorry about that" or something. I think it would be bad PR for our CEO not to. And it would've been said on his own and the club's behalf, not the fans. The profusely part i highly doubt.
To then backflip and offer a spray over the phone is a move i admire and encourage from our head man. Well done Ron!!

Good try Sydney media, but you won't derail our seige on the premiership this time. Only the on-field referees can do that.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Go Storm wrote:Good try Sydney media, but you won't derail our seige on the premiership this time. Only the on-field referees can do that.
And the match review committee/judiciary.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well said Buzz, this is the sort of thing Gallop needs to read to comprehend exactly why he got the reception he did.
Storm supporter Mike Samuel told The Age that Gallop's hostile reception was ''thoroughly deserved'' and the league chief had missed the point, with fans' anger directed at several issues, including poor television coverage in Victoria, and the NRL's administration.

''I don't think there was any intent to denigrate the value of the minor premiership. It was the person and what he represents and what he's done or hasn't done for rugby league in Melbourne,'' Samuel said.

''It's our passion that makes us hand over hundreds of dollars every year in memberships. It's our passion that makes us [attend games] in all weather conditions, and it's our passion that makes us pay for pay TV that pays his salary.

''If he thinks that we're too passionate and that's a dangerous thing, he shouldn't be administrating a game that relies on passion.''

Samuel also said Gallop should prepare for a similar reception from Storm fans if the club made the grand final.

''If we're lucky enough to make it to the first Sunday in October, and if Gallop is lucky enough to present us with the grand final trophy, I think it will be just as universal,'' he said.
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... z1XtIPcRMD
Thor19
Squall
Squall

All the News Ltd articles have the same theme Rebecca Wilson or Andrew Webster - that we shouldn't have booed Gallop and his comparison to terrorists was ill advised and Storm Fans need to get over it. What would have been the reaction had he said the same thing about Canterbury Fans? Also how come the Manly fans were so well behaved...and no word about this.. They are all taking turns being the biggest shock jock..I think it needs to be the stage where hey guys we know your game now to srit us up but that ain't working any more..turn our backs on them and also on Gallop..
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wonder if Mr gallop will be attending a final next week and if so which one, I doubt he will get a warm one at either!! But I assume from the sydney media the boo's he may recieve at the manly game will be just light hearted hi-jinx from the sea-eagles supporters
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

does anyone take any notice of the self opinionated SLAPPER bec wilson.she has never played rugby league,afl,soccer but yet she likes to FLAP HER TRAP and thinks we are taking notice of her. I like her page in the paper as it lines the bottom of my cat tray.(shit with shit I say). :lol: :lol:
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Her live in boyfriend is Newslimited CEO John Hartigan, so what else is she going to say
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cant post the article but looks like phill gould has had his say saying gallop should step down....really good to read

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:cant post the article but looks like phill gould has had his say saying gallop should step down....really good to read

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 1kezk.html

I seriously doubt Gallop would win an election among the 16 NRL clubs to get the role of chief executive under the new independent commission if this was put to a vote.

The Storm fans were entitled to voice their protest. They didn't throw any objects. They didn't threaten him with physical attack. It was simply boos and jeers.

The last time I looked Australia was a democracy. They were well within their rights.

Of course, the major point of all of this is that the real truth about the whole Melbourne Storm salary cap story is yet to be told. Gallop keeps saying he is comfortable with the decisions he made and the penalties handed down. Of course, these and other matters concerning the Storm breaches were never tested under oath in court. The full story is guaranteed to emerge one day; of this you can be guaranteed.

In the meantime though, our game deserves new leadership. I speak with other NRL club officials, government officials, venue managers, major sponsors and trading partners and they are always comparing the negotiations they have with the NRL to those dealings they enjoy with other sporting codes. To say our game is off the pace would be an understatement. Mind you, none of this will ever be written while a media company owns the game and controls how our history is being recorded.
Above is a link to Gould's article and five paragraphs I thought were the heart of the article.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gus for pm anyone?
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:gus for pm anyone?
Gus for NRL CEO at least!

I found this part particularly interesting:
"No one else in the game is going to speak out against Gallop and demand his sacking because they know they too would be vilified for daring to criticise their man.
This is the environment that has existed under Gallop's leadership of the NRL and News Ltd's ownership of the game. If you dare to speak out against their authority you will be publicly slammed so that you get the message to sit down and shut up. Other NRL club chief executives tell me they also fear backlashes against their clubs in other ways if they don't toe the party line.
I can speak from my own experience in this regard, not to mention the pressure on my employers to shut up. Still, I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees."
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

children should be seen but not heard?

very 18th century
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

finally someone prints some truth! the only words he isn't saying is that gallop and news ltd run the NRL like a dictatorship. gus cant wait for day that news and gallop leave the NRL and progress can be made!

"I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees." more CEO's should read this and grow some balls!