Minor Premiership Baby!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think this incredible feat has not gotten the attention it deserves, to do what the boys have done after the a** f***ing the NRL gave us last year, this bunch of guys have all worked their tails off and against all the odds, media scrutiny and adversity. But still, there we sit... Top of the pile. What an unbelievable effort. From the Trials until round 26 tonight, these guys got us to where we are:

Billy Slater, Matt Duffie, Maurice Blair, Dane Neilsen, Anthony Quinn, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Bryan Norrie, Adam Blair, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Rory Kostjasyn, Todd Lowrie, Adam Woolnough, Jaiman Lowe, Troy Thompson, Justin O'Neill, Beau Champion, Chase Stanley, Sisa Waqa, Dane Chisholm, Elijah Niko, Luke Kelly, Sione Kite, Atelea Vea, Jack Afamasaga, Robbie Rochow, Mitchell Johnson, Jake Hawkins, Craig Bellamy, Frank Ponissi, Ron Gauci, Tony Adam, Alex Corvo, Adrian Jimenez, Keiran Morgan, David Kidwell, Kevin Walters, Simon Kearney, Craig Sultana.

On behalf of Storm Members and Fans alike i think i'm speaking for us all when i say Congratulations on a superb season! We love you all Win Lose or Draw and will be behind you guys 110% for the upcoming finals assault! So proud to be a Storm fan!

GO THE STORM! #1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes - Congratulations on a magnificent effort this season =D>
But now we start to play for the real deal !!
An hour was all Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy was allowing his side to savour their stunning return to NRL minor premiers before focusing on the big prize they will begin hunting next week.
Happy Hunting Stormers 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:swav: Congratulations Bellyache and the rest of the Storm organisation - Truly proud of your efforts - Will cheer exceptionally loud next week ;D
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well done Storm. A massive accomplishment!! And now, as Coops said, that seasons over and a new finals series is about to begin.
GO STORM!!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Amazing effort, such an achievement after all that went on in 2010. One hour is more than enough and hopefully in the off-season we will not only be celebrating the Minor Premiership but also the Club Championship and the big one, the Premiership. Good luck in the finals boys!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The silence from the Sydney media is DEAFENING.

Minor premiership people! Hot Damn!!

Considering last year, the players we lost, the no-names and has-beens we gained, the loaded draw we received - to achieve this minor premiership is alone, a huge accomplishment and easily more remarkable than any of the three we won previously.

I certainly hope Bellamy and his coaching staff and the players were able to relax last night, and reflect on what has been an incredible performance over the last 26 rounds.

I am in awe of this team and what they've done. Sure - the main game is still up for grabs, and the media sharks are circling, having willed the smell of blood on us for weeks now.

All of a sudden, the Tigers are everyone's favorite team, the Dragons are back, the Broncos will be doing it for Lockyer and Manly (according to Gus) are certainties for the premiership.

Again - we get no raps, and we dont need any. Sure we are carrying some wounded troops, but we've always been more than a sum of the individual talent we have. One goes down, one will come in and do the job.

Win or lose this year, the Storm have been restored to where we belong, and have always belonged - as one of the dominant NRL teams in the modern era.

Go Storm!

PS - Hi David. Can't wait to see you Sunday afternoon. Be prepared for a huge reception. ;)
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great effort.. champion club.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well said everyone - we truly have a great club one I'm sure is envied by a lot of other people GO THE MIGHTY STORM
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so david gallop is bringing us 2 trophies, double the fun (hehe)
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Great work by a GREAT team...

Now for the big one!!!

All the best for the next month.

Time to shift up a gear (or a couple if you count the last 2 matches).
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well done to the Storm, very greatly deserved by all who don the purple!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

reading the telegraph today, why wasnt there anything about the minor premiorship? the game last night? only thing i saw was 4 lines about slater missing the game and might lose the dally m because of it.... then massive articles about the tigers, dragons, brisbane and manly. some people need to give credit where it is due!

but this is exactly what the club would want! no fuss or cameras hanging around and to focus on this week! the boys need to win so everybody can have a break and recover any niggles.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

^^ the silence from up north is terrific ^^

I even wonder whether Bellamy orchestrated the past two losses so that we could fly under the radar a little in the finals. The last thing we need is the media circus picking at our techniques, players, etc.
The clubs decision to not fight Blairs charges probably pissed them off too. They were probably hoping to get heaps of milage out of that fiasco.
Our club is too professional for them. They'll have more fun with Tigers, Broncos and Manly

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm Minor Premiers 2011 says it all.We are the sydney medias worst nightmare.No sydney team would have survived like Storm did.sydney media WANTED us to fail. TOO BAD.

STORM 2011 MINOR PREMIERS
STORM 2011 CLUB CHAMPIONS.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm v Brisbane or Warriors GF would really gey them going.

[ Post made via Android ] Image