Does sisa Waqa get credited with playing on Friday?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm curious whether anyone knows if Sisa Waqa gets credited with playing a first grade game on Friday night. He lined up on the bench but, did not get on the field. I know the AFL has said that if a sub isn't used, they still get the game on their career stats and so I wonder if it is the same with the NRL? Does anyone know?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:I'm curious whether anyone knows if Sisa Waqa gets credited with playing a first grade game on Friday night. He lined up on the bench but, did not get on the field. I know the AFL has said that if a sub isn't used, they still get the game on their career stats and so I wonder if it is the same with the NRL? Does anyone know?
Does anyone know why Waqa wasn't actually given any game time ???
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No he doesn't get the game
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if he is named then he does get credited...know idea why bellamy didnt use he
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If he's in the 17 then he's played surely? Even though he didn't get onto the field I'm sure he gave all of the backs that confidence that he's there to continue their hard work in the event of injury, etc.
And a few words or backslaps on the bench & in the sheds.
He probably didn't get a run because he wasn't required. He was probably only named because Neilson was a bit iffy, Duffie's just back from sternum injury and Quinney's prone to injury.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It only counts as a game if the player gets on the field.