Storm vindicates NRL, says Gallop

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm nutter
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

MENACING*STORM wrote:Oh will you shut up Gallop! :violent1:
Gallop would have said, 'we were vindicated' if we were on the bottom of the table also.
I can't wait for David to disappear from the NRL altogether
lol at anyone think thinking this will happen anytime soon.

He has to answer the journo's questions, do you expect him to say "i won't comment on that issue because Storm fans will tell me to 'shut up'?"
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm nutter wrote:He has to answer the journo's questions, do you expect him to say "i won't comment on that issue because Storm fans will tell me to 'shut up'?"
Yes 8)

I know he has to answer them and he has to pay lip service. We all know the 07 & 09 Premierships are gone, as with the 06-08(Inclusive) Minor Premierships.
We are focusing on the 2011 bounty and have moved on. I hope Gallop has too.

Anyways, welcome to the Bai Stand nation, Storm Nutter 8-[
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Diehard_Storm wrote:
waveydavey wrote:Gallop never acknowledges his mistakes, and he's made more than a few in his years as CEO, either through no action, completely over the top reaction or by different applications of the rules!!! Maybe we should start a thread, "Gallop's top ten LIMA LIMA DUCK UPS!!!?"
I always laughs when he fails to acknowledge his weak as p_ss outcome in the last TV rights he negotiated.

He actually chooses not to acknowledge the poor result of the NRL deal, but instead to state the AFL 'got lucky' with Kerry Packer making a 'deathbed' offer for AFL that pushed Channel 7/10 to the max price.

I dont care what you like to call it David. Any TV rights deal that sees the code have ABSOLUTELY NO FUGGING CONTROL over when and to who, their games are broadcast to is poor.

He backed this up with a 'use it or lose it' threat that Channel 9 pretty much laughed at, and actually started showing their games later into Saturday and Monday mornings. Great stuff David.

The eyes of Australian sport will be on Gallop next year. If he doesn't deliver something equivalent to AFL (with NRLs larger viewing audience) he will be seen as the useless prick he really is.
It's good to see other areas are starting to get a bit vocal in their criticism of the current arrangements.

Broncos in regards to Darren Lockyer's milestone game.
Cowboys for being shown on delay this Friday.

If Gallop does show his face then we should just ignore him as he tries to ignore us. A loud, proud, continuous chant of Melbourne! Storm!!! would be much better than silence or chanting that he is a wanker.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the entire nrl fan base is expecting the storm fans to give it to gallop, they just dont know if the storm fans have the balls to go through with it. but something like that gets people involved and will get them into other chants through the game, and 30k loud storm fans can only be good for the team
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:If Gallop does show his face then we should just ignore him as he tries to ignore us. A loud, proud, continuous chant of Melbourne! Storm!!! would be much better than silence or chanting that he is a wanker.
I really love this idea
Storm nutter
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

storming wrote:the entire nrl fan base is expecting the storm fans to give it to gallop, they just dont know if the storm fans have the balls to go through with it. but something like that gets people involved and will get them into other chants through the game, and 30k loud storm fans can only be good for the team
It is also good for the competition as a whole, that a team in our location is so passionate.

I have alwasy said we have the more passionate fan base.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:
Surandy wrote:If Gallop does show his face then we should just ignore him as he tries to ignore us. A loud, proud, continuous chant of Melbourne! Storm!!! would be much better than silence or chanting that he is a wanker.
I really love this idea
Let the whole NRL community find out on Friday night what a LOUD PROUD group of supporters should sound like.
MELBOURNE ..MELBOURNE..
giddyup is a WANKER.
I am driving 8-9 hours TO ADD MY VOICE AND SUPPORT MY FELLOW STORM MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF OUR GREAT TEAM.
YES giddyup we dislike you IMMENSELY as you will find out
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

storming wrote:the entire nrl fan base is expecting the storm fans to give it to gallop, they just dont know if the storm fans have the balls to go through with it. but something like that gets people involved and will get them into other chants through the game, and 30k loud storm fans can only be good for the team
He's been booed before when in Melbourne. I've been at the ground joining in the booing then later watched the replay and every time the commentators feign a lack of knowledge about why we were booing him.

Naturally they were generally Channel Nein commentators and we were in part booing Gallop for the crap TV deal he gave us.

I just want him drowned out by the Melbourne support so no-one, even on TV, will be able to hear him if he is making any sort of comments.

Silence would be seen by Sydney-siders as a mark of respect for his words. Booing would be seen as a lack of respect. Chanting Melbourne Storm!!!! loudly and proudly would be seen as a passion for our team and the performance they have given us.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:Silence would be seen by Sydney-siders as a mark of respect for his words. Booing would be seen as a lack of respect. Chanting Melbourne Storm!!!! loudly and proudly would be seen as a passion for our team and the performance they have given us.
Passionate support for our team it is then :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

So whats the latest word on his presence tonight anyway? Personally I don't think he'll show his face until he has to at the first home final when he's forced to present the sheild.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will be booing the bastard at any opportunity.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm betting Gallop is squirming under his doona tonight!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

CooperCronk wrote:I'm betting Gallop is squirming under his doona tonight!
He's probably getting a "Pope-Mobile" type vehicle being made at NRL HQ, or will put on a bomb disposal suit, like in the Hurt Locker movie
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote:I'm betting Gallop is squirming under his doona tonight!
Well there`s not a lot of room under the doona once him and Hartigan are in there.... :-D
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Well what do we expect from an ex lawyer, he could walk under a snakes belly with an umbrella up and have clearance he is such a lowlife!!