Storm vs Dragons Game Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now that`s a shame. If there is anything I would be looking forward to more than beating Bennett`s mob soundly it would be watching Soward`s face as Sika charged at him. Ah well...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

pretty sure soward is still in orbit from that time gi fended him off at the graveyard :lol:

fox sports had widdop being interviewed about playing halfback and said if bobby blair is fit he'll be 5/8

probable line-up

1.Slater
2.Duffie
3.Nielsen
4.Champion
5.Waqa
6.M.Blair
7.Widdop
8.Bromwich
9.Smith (c)
10.Norrie
11.A.Blair
12.Manu
13.Proctor
14.Hinchcliffe
15.Kostjasyn
16.Thompson
17.Lowe
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Dragons have to snap this losing streak sometime - but I don't think it will be this week. No doubt Cronk will be missed but we're not a one-man team. No matter what Craig goes with, I'm confident they'll get the job done.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's great that this is a home game with the crowd hopefully being a good one it will help get Storm over the line and plus being Billys 200th the boys always fire up

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/g ... 6115452115

Gareth Widdop to again step in for Cooper Cronk

MELBOURNE Storm will miss Cooper Cronk for Friday's clash with the waning St George Illawarra Dragons, but the ladder-leader's winning ways may not take a hit without its gun half-back.
Storm has not lost any of the six matches it has played without Cronk at number seven since he assumed the role full-time at the beginning of 2006.

Even this year, when Cronk was away on State of Origin duties, Gareth Widdop stepped in and guided Melbourne to an emphatic win over the Sydney Roosters, who beat the Dragons last Sunday.

Storm will be out to win a club-record 12th consecutive game in Billy Slater's 200th match, and personnel changes have not been an issue so far.

Only back-rower Adam Blair has started in the same position during the streak and coach Craig Bellamy has used 23 players, with a minimum two changes each week.

Cronk, who was positive about a quick recovery from his left ankle injury, nominated Widdop to take charge on Friday and said he had full confidence the Englishman wouldn't disappoint

"I'm disappointed with the injury, but the scans came back pretty good and I've already started the recovery process with a positive attitude," Cronk said yesterday.

"Gareth Widdop will be given the job to lead the team around the park (against the Dragons). And as a team we are confident each player can play a role."

Storm has zoomed past the Dragons to clear premiership favouritism and have been backed to win more than $1 million with TAB Sportsbet.

After starting the season at $13, Melbourne is $3.25, Manly next best at $5 and St George Illawarra out to $6.

The Dragons, on a four-game losing streak, have injury concerns, too, after five-eighth Jamie Soward limped off in the 73rd minute of Sunday's loss to the Roosters with back issues.

There is speculation Soward might even be dropped, having underperformed badly since his State of Origin debut this season.

Star centre Mark Gasnier is a chance to return after missing last weekend with a hip injury, but even Dragons coach Wayne Bennett answered "no" when asked whether he had confidence his players could turn their form around.

"We just can't get ourselves up at all now. It's a huge issue for us," Bennett said.

"I've gone past concerned."

im not sure bellamy would just say here gareth u do it im sure he will have rory luke maurice and gareth all competeing for the spot this weekend
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ads for the game are showing up everywhere online. I use Firefox with all advertising blocked - but on my phone, I saw full colour ads (the same image of Billy being used on the site and in newspapers) on sites that have nothing to do with rugby league. The club must have got onto Google Ads.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

about time they are going hard into victoria! you cant sit back and give in to AFL, nein take notes and start showing 730 friday night footy!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:Ads for the game are showing up everywhere online. I use Firefox with all advertising blocked - but on my phone, I saw full colour ads (the same image of Billy being used on the site and in newspapers) on sites that have nothing to do with rugby league. The club must have got onto Google Ads.
I've noticed that for a few now, every site i go on from Premier league sites to travel sites they're on them lol Good stuff.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

archer and checcen are the refs god i hate those two esp ceccen

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
staticash
Squall
Squall

I am looking forward to widdop at 7 he will do a great job. Nothing wrong with a little change now and again. I am still eager to see nikko get a run any idea if we will see him friday night?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
S.W.A.S
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

absentee wrote:Ads for the game are showing up everywhere online. I use Firefox with all advertising blocked - but on my phone, I saw full colour ads (the same image of Billy being used on the site and in newspapers) on sites that have nothing to do with rugby league. The club must have got onto Google Ads.
I noticed that before too Absentee. I was looking at a music clip on You-tube and an ad for the Storm game came up! Good to see some advertising and media support starting to become evident. Now if we could get Ch Nein to show some enthusiasm.....
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Official team for Friday - Billy Slater, Sisa Waqa, Dane Nielsen, Beau Champion, Anthony Quinn, Maurice Blair, Gareth Widdop, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith (c), Bryan Norrie, Adam Blair, Sika Manu, Kevin Proctor. Interchange: Rory Kostjasyn, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Troy Thompson, Jaiman Lowe
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy Slater
Sisa Waqa
Dane Nielsen
Beau Champion
Anthony Quinn
Maurice Blair
Gareth Widdop
Jesse Bromwich
Cameron Smith (c)
Bryan Norrie
Adam Blair
Sika Manu
Kevin Proctor

Interchange:
Rory Kostjasyn
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Troy Thompson
Jaiman Lowe
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thats an impressive lineup even with our injuries. And there's a good chance Duffman may be a late inclusion over Quinney or Waqa. Is Bobby picked because he's right or because we're hoping he's right?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Thats an impressive lineup even with our injuries. And there's a good chance Duffman may be a late inclusion over Quinney or Waqa. Is Bobby picked because he's right or because we're hoping he's right?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
I think it's more because we're hoping he'll be right given Frank said on SEN yesterday morning it looked like at that stage he wouldn't come up. Never know though, a light week and he might be right to go.