SECURITY TO AAMI PARK PLZ GALLOPS ON HIS WAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 6107004465

David Gallop to end Melbourne Storm standoff

ONE of the game's longest-running standoffs is about to come to an end with David Gallop planning to attend his first Melbourne Storm home game since the NRL punished the club for breaching the salary cap in April last year.
The Storm is sitting on top of the table, four points clear of the competition following its come-from-behind win against Parramatta on Monday night, and is well on track to claiming the minor premiership.

It would be sweet revenge for the club that was punished severely last year by the NRL for systematically cheating the salary cap.

The penalties included the loss of two premierships and preventing the club from playing for competition points.

While Gallop has been to Melbourne and addressed the players since the penalties were handed down, it is understood he hasn't attended a home match. It is believed he is planning to attend either the round 24 blockbuster against St George Illawarra or the Storm's first home final.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
"I haven't been to a home game, but I imagine I will before the finals," Gallop said yesterday.

"Obviously, I run into their players regularly during Origin and other games.

"I think as time goes by the people at the club fully understand that the NRL reacted in the only way it could to what was found down there."

At the height of the scandal, it was reported both the players and officials at the club felt as if the NRL had abandoned them and had been too severe with the penalties. Fans also vented their fury, some even purchasing T-shirts with an offensive "*lima lima lima duck* Gallop" slogan.

However, Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said yesterday Gallop and any other NRL officials were always welcome at Storm games.

"I think it's fantastic, it's good to see," Gauci said of a Gallop visit.

"I think at the time our fans had issues with a lot of things, but I do believe that we've invested a lot of time to galvanise the club and its supporter base to get everyone behind the key things that we stand for.

"And we think our supporters have been great and they've responded well and it's great to see them enjoy the success the club is now having."

The Storm was forced to shed several of its high-profile players to get under the salary cap for this year, with Greg Inglis, Ryan Hoffman, Brett White, Aiden Tolman and Brett Finch moving on.

The club's success this season has been built on several no-name recruits, including Adam Woolnough and Maurice Blair, as well as emerging stars Gareth Widdop and Jesse Bromwich.

Coach Craig Bellamy has also played a major role in maintaining the club's culture and is a favourite to be crowned Dally M coach of the year next month.

"We don't focus on answering critics," Gauci said.

"As far as we're concerned we had a lot of changes on and off the field and we've said all along that we want to get the right people into the club on and off the field and we want to do the best we can.

"If the best we can results in success, then we take it.

"If it actually gets us further, even gets us a potential premiership, it's all because of the culture of the club."
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

I think it would be better if he sent someone else and stayed away for a few more seasons.I do not like the idea of him sharing in our clubs successful season.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If he has to come it would be great if all the crowd went silent. This in a way shows respect to our boy's who through last year worked their hearts out for this great club, and the determination of them this year to be where we are. I don't want our club to be shown as having a load of ferals as some other clubs have. Thats just my opinion and most of the time I'm wrong
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He ain't 'sharing it' - He's being forced to capitulate & acknowledge that the things he stripped from us were NOT bought but hard earned by the team.
"I think as time goes by the people at the club fully understand that the NRL reacted in the only way it could to what was found down there."
Typical Gallop speak :twisted:
Interesting to note that the Sydney media have begun using terms like
Awards & accomplishments when reffering to what we had taken from us ::)

I know people still want to vent their anger & wear F U shirts but neither Gallop or his cronies deserve an excuse to portray us in a bad light ever again.
Silent contempt is a much sweeter revenge for a man who will soon become an irrelevant blip in the code.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:He ain't 'sharing it' - He's being forced to capitulate & acknowledge that the things he stripped from us were NOT bought but hard earned by the team.
Typical Gallop speak :twisted:
Interesting to note that the Sydney media have begun using terms like
Awards & accomplishments when reffering to what we had taken from us ::)

I know people still want to vent their anger & wear F U shirts but neither Gallop or his cronies deserve an excuse to portray us in a bad light ever again.
Silent contempt is a much sweeter revenge for a man who will soon become an irrelevant blip in the code.
I agree with this whole-heartedly. I`d like nothing more than Gallop`s introduction to be meet with a silence so complete that you can hear people ordering from the caterers outside. Then he his bunch of feral media mates from North of the border have absolutely nothing that they can throw at us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

should start a group on Facebook make sure ppl join it

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Run Sika Run
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

There`s no way people will stay quiet so by chanting as one Melbourne over and over, i think the message will get through to the folk`s up north and to Gallop. :lol:
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

I agree, but I'd go one step further than just the silence. When Gallop is announced everyone turn their backs to the field - symbolising how Gallop and the NRL turned their backs on the players and supporters last year.

Personally, I find it quite disgusting that the CEO of the NRL hasn't been to a Storm home game since the events of last year. Surely the NRL should make sure that the CEO attends at least one home game for each club each year? It would be interesting to find out which games Mr Gallop is attending - St George perhaps?!!!!! :-D
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i like that idea turn ur back on gallop

tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I doubt very much that Gallop's presence will be announced in any way shape or form. He's just there to watch a game.
There will absolutely be no announcment over the public address system. It would be embarrassing for all if that were to occur.
I will reiterate. He is there to watch the game and that's all.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tugga the point of him being at the game is to hand over the minor premiership...the jj gilton shield so no matter what he will be shown cause he has to do that on the ground

tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Tugga the point of him being at the game is to hand over the minor premiership...the jj gilton shield so no matter what he will be shown cause he has to do that on the ground

It says nothing of the sort in the article though. No mention of minor premiership at all. Just says he will be attending a home game, either the Dragons match or a home final.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why would we be awarded the minor premiership shield with two rounds left in the season? If that's how it works, he might as well bring the premiership trophy as well (assuming that it's the Dragons game that he's attending).

I'm guessing that unless you're sitting in the section in front of the corporate area they sit him in, nobody will see him. At best, Nine might put the camera on him so everyone can see him on the screen.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

While not stated, the only reason David will be visiting is to hand over the Shield. I'm pretty sure we got it early to year we were well clear on the top of thetable and I'm sure we have had it presented in week one of the finals.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

If it becomes a mathematical impossibility for Manly to finish 1st he will present it at the Dragons game. If not he'll present it at our first home final.
Either way I'll be there with my lima lima lima duck gallop shirt on. A resounding boo will work much better than silence. Just as it did for John Howard at the AFL GF a few years back.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image