SECURITY TO AAMI PARK PLZ GALLOPS ON HIS WAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Dignity...silence the whole time when Gallop is doing whatever & bring the house down when Cam lifts whatever up (is it a cup?). Why react to him...show him up to be the non-entity he is - even when he announces it, just silence till Cam acknowledges the fans by holding whatever aloft & then raise the roof
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Dignity...silence the whole time when Gallop is doing whatever & bring the house down when Cam lifts whatever up (is it a cup?). Why react to him...show him up to be the non-entity he is - even when he announces it, just silence till Cam acknowledges the fans by holding whatever aloft & then raise the roof
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

There will probably be 25+thousand people at the Dragons and home final(s). If they were all Bai Stand members then fair call with the silent treatment. But considering the majority will yelling "boo" we should join in the chorus.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

25k people singing, "gallops a wanker!" geez that would make a lot of people happy!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is he coming to watch OUR CHAMPIONS or the dragqueens?
WE ALL KNOW that he is a PISS POOR CEO.
I say everyone should chant "MELBOURNE..MELBOURNE" ALL THROUGH the game just to show him that WE LOVE OUR TEAM and that WE ARE STICKING WITH THEM.
BRING THE BOYS home AAMI Park Supporters
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It does not say he is coming to a game to present the team with anything. It says he is going to attend a game. He waited for the end of the season to come to Melbourne The place where they need to grow the game if they want to expanded. The club almost died last year and the NRL has done nothing to help sell the Storm or Rugby League in general in Melbourne this year.

If he does attend a game he will sit the Chairman's lounge behind glass and he will not be seen by general supporters. I do not belive he will walk onto the field at Ammi Park in front of Storm supporters. Both games the Dragons game and finals would have large crowds and he know excatly what kind of reception he would get if he did, he is not that dumb.

If we do win the Minor Premiership, I think he will either present it at the Roosters away game of get someone else to f do it because he will be ILL at the last minute.

Sorry about my rant, but I think this man is spinless and should get a new job.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Another thing I think the Dragons game will be Billy Slater's 200th if he plays both the Panthers and Titians game. Is my counting correct?

If this right, Gallop could be at Billy Slater's 200th game. Wouldn't they both love that!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the "SPINELESS TOAD" knows that MELBOURNE STORM supporters hate him and I will be booing him but I also hope to get laryngitus screaming for my CHAMPION TEAM when they play against the dragqueens.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

he has to face the music at some point, and if he presents the shield at an away game it will only make it worse for himself. man up and get it over and done with, if he does man up at the home final i will gain a little bit of respect for him... not much but a little is better than none at all
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

"ONE of the game's longest-running standoffs is about to come to an end with David Gallop planning to attend his first Melbourne Storm home game since the NRL punished the club for breaching the salary cap in April last year.
The Storm is sitting on top of the table, four points clear of the competition following its come-from-behind win against Parramatta on Monday night, and is well on track to claiming the minor premiership."

Read the last line.

Of course he'll be coming to present the J.J. Giltenen Sheild. Elsewhere in the article it mentions "...or a home final". And of course he won't be sitting in GA. No matter how crap he is, he is the CEO.
The minor premiership was presented early at a home game before the last round a couple of years ago too. It won't be presented in Sydney.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How about we get the banner crew to make him a nice welcome back to melbourne sign:)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The minor premiership might not be decided until the last round of the season. If we loose the next two games and Manly win the next two, both teams will be on the same points. It was only presented before the end of the taht year because Storm wer so far ahead no one else could win it. Two years the winner of the minor premiership was not know until the second Sunday afternoon game was played. The only way it will be presented at the Dragons game will be if Manly loose in the next two weeks.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forget the silence.
Forget the boos.
Forget turning our backs or chanting Melbourne over and over.
Just call Cam's name and maybe a banner saying that we've 'Galloped away with it'
I'd like to see his face...
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

mystormboys wrote:How about we get the banner crew to make him a nice welcome back to melbourne sign:)
Oh if we were only allowed....
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.nrl.com/storm-shun-ugly-past ... fault.aspx

Storm shun ugly past to rule NRL once more
The phone is running hot again at the Melbourne Storm.

Motoring magazines, websites, radio stations, newspapers; everyone wants to talk to the Storm and everyone wants to know the same thing.

How are Melbourne back on top just over 12 months after league's darkest day?

Runaway competition leaders, the Storm are just games away from claiming the NRL minor premiership - a miraculous feat given last year they appeared a club in ruin.

The massive salary cap rorting and the penalties, including the stripping of two titles and the inability to play for competition points, leaving them anchoring the ladder, were tough enough.

There there was also the walk-out of sponsors and the forced departure of a swag of key players, including Test superstar Greg Inglis.

With such a turnover of talent, few experts expected the Storm to be anywhere near pole position this season.

Melbourne insist they're not motivated by revenge.

There's no picture of NRL chief David Gallop on a dartboard; no daily pilgrimage past their now empty trophy cabinet.

Ask coach Craig Bellamy or any of the Melbourne players and you'll be told they don't need outside motivation.

There's also no magic formula to their success.

They claim it's as simple as work ethic, character, toughness and desire - the same traits the club have always had.

"Last year's gone," says Melbourne captain Cameron Smith.

"There's quite a few in the team who weren't even at the club and they don't have any emotions toward the event.

"And those of us who are still at the club and went through it have put it all behind us.

"That's why I think we're playing so well - we're not living in the past, we're not playing for something that happened 12 months ago, we're playing for the guys who are here now."

Bellamy, a fierce taskmaster, is renowned for getting the best out of his players.

He has three of the best in the game in skipper Smith, fullback Billy Slater and halfback Cooper Cronk; the super-consistent trio equally as impressive off the field as on.

But it's the lesser known players who have stepped up to become vital assets for the side.

"What most guys have done is play close to their capabilities almost every week," says Bellamy.

"The most pleasing thing is how the new guys and young guys have taken to what we see as important and really worked hard in some areas to fit into the team."

Cronk says no one person could take credit for their ladder position.

"It's great to see the club, from where we've come from, in the position we are but that doesn't mean much unless we go on with it.

"We've got a very good coaching group and senior players who will make sure that we do all the right things and make sure we perform well."

While the revival in the Storm's fortunes in the NRL competition is there to see each week when they run onto the paddock, their off-field performance is also impressive.

Just over a year ago, Ron Gauci took over the chief executive role once held by "chief rat" Brian Waldron, who was deemed to have orchestrated the systematic cheating.

Before the Storm position, Gauci had a corporate business background and, most recently, headed up IT company Verizon Business.

Gauci says the Melbourne Storm back office embraces similar philosophies as the football department - hire good people, give them the right tools and work hard.

An injection of new staff - 12 people departed since April 2010 - has also allowed the office to put much of the trauma and stigma of the cheating scandal behind them.

Despite the loss of sponsors including Members Equity Bank and HostPlus in the wake of the salary cap scandal, which cost the Storm $900,000, Gauci was always confident the club could survive.

And they've done more than that, this year securing a three-year sponsorship by Crown entertainment group, much to the envy of every Victorian AFL club.

"Given the commitment that (owners) News Limited gave to us, whatever the financial position I knew that we had a secure future," Gauci says.

"What we had to do was set ourselves an objective that we would become financially viable and sustainable and we've been able to be those two things.

"I'm pleased with the success of the team on the field and I'm delighted with the success we've had off the field.

"The reality is that if you have a look at the key commercial metrics, many if not all are up year on year.

"We've had record-breaking attendances, our membership is record-breaking (11,700).

"Considering where we were, we're ahead of where we thought we'd be."

He also says Bellamy's innate determination convinced him from day one the club would also succeed again on the field.

With the players and coach cleared of active involvement in the salary cap rorting, Gauci says he's no longer introduced as the "man with the toughest job in sport".

There are still critics.

"You'll always get some supporters who are not Melbourne Storm supporters who will think that (they're cheats) and, unfortunately and sadly, we still see signs at certain grounds that we play at," says Gauci.

"I don't know what else the club can do to change that."

The players say they want to win the 2011 NRL premiership simply because that's the goal of every team in the competition.

"We're not thinking we want to be a part of the finals for what happened last year. We want to be the best we can for this season and we want to be the best side we can possibly be," Smith says.